Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi2

I think he's absolutely crap, and is still a coward with the ball at his feet.

Our right side died when we went down to 10 men.

That is a bit harsh imo. Damian is actually a pretty good squad player for us and he played a decent game today.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Look at what Shaw brought to our left side as a direct comparison.

Darmian is simply a "decent" player, which is completely uninspiring really. His crossing is bloody awful too.
You have got to be kidding. Honestly don't know what game you were watching. I have my doubts about Darmian too but he was clearly a better attacking outlet than Shaw today.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You have got to be kidding. Honestly don't know what game you were watching. I have my doubts about Darmian too but he was clearly a better attacking outlet than Shaw today.
Glad I'm not the only one who thought that! Darmian got into Burnley's box, ran past players and put in crosses. Shaw didn't do any of that

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Shaw actually tries to link up players in an incisive manner. Darmians version of doing that is to stand with the ball at his feet for ten seconds then pass it to the bloke next to him. Not only is he slow off the ball, most of the time he's pretty ponderous on it.

Honestly, compare his performance to a Valencia performance and it's night and day. The only decent thing he did do today was make runs into attacking positions, but it's kinda pointless when he doesn't produce anything of quality. At one point he manage to get to the byline, cut into the box, then cut the ball back to absolutely nobody... his crossing in general is like that though, he just throws the ball into the box with no real care if we have anyone in the area he's putting it into.

If this is the kind of performance we accept from our full backs (and I'll include Shaw here, cos I expect more from him... difference is at least he has it in him to step up a level) then we've set our standards very low.

DeOddi

Was really surprised by his performance. Looked confident and put in some good tackles as well. Biggest surprise were probably his runs on the offence. He got into some really good positions and his delivery wasn´t horrible either. At least he provided an outlet going forward compared to Shaw.

Dobbs

Shaw actually tries to link up players in an incisive manner. Darmians version of doing that is to stand with the ball at his feet for ten seconds then pass it to the bloke next to him. Not only is he slow off the ball, most of the time he's pretty ponderous on it.

Honestly, compare his performance to a Valencia performance and it's night and day. The only decent thing he did do today was make runs into attacking positions, but it's kinda pointless when he doesn't produce anything of quality. At one point he manage to get to the byline, cut into the box, then cut the ball back to absolutely nobody... his crossing in general is like that though, he just throws the ball into the box with no real care if we have anyone in the area he's putting it into.

If this is the kind of performance we accept from our full backs (and I'll include Shaw here, cos I expect more from him... difference is at least he has it in him to step up a level) then we've set our standards very low.
Maybe your point is right in the general sense but not today. He did well, got forward and his use of the ball was good. Better than Shaw. The delivery you're talking about, the cross that went to nobody I thought was a good idea. I think somebody should have been arriving into that area.

Fracture90

He was rader good this game, passed few tests defensively, made few runs offensively and could have been given a penalty or 2. He's got much better awareness of when to move in and run for opening than Shaw has.

Would like to see him on RB and Valencia on RW in a run of games. Think in that scenario Valencia wouldn't be so burdened with constantly keeping in mind he's the last man on the right and having that in mind forcing him to play safe which often ends up no further than opponents shin.

Having someone on RB behind him i think Valencia would be much more dangerous down the right flank.

izec

He is much better in his last 2 games. There is more urgency to his game and he looks much fitter. Last year under van Gaal he looked laboured, frightened, tired and clueless.

Since Fenerbahce though he looks much more focused, energised, attacking and his confidence seems to be growing. I like it, hope he continues. Dont think Valencia would have offered more today.

iKeano

One of our best players yesterday, bombing forward with intent, tackling like a deamon. Can surely have done himself no harm with yesterday's outing...
Unless of course José just takes a Miki-style irrational, illogical dislike to him!

Oldham

Why? We created 37 chances. Had 19 corners. What extra did we need from a right back today?
When teams play compact in he center like Burnley, it's useful to have players that can exploit the wings to stretch them. Attacking wise Valencia is a much better player than Darmian, so I'm sure he'd been useful yesterday.
Of course not being wasteful would and should have won us this match, whoever played as right back...

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
No complaints from me yesterday, I thought he had a solid game and wouldn't be against giving him a good run in the side.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
So isn't it the right idea that just when he stopped caring about his Utd career he started performing? All might not be lost for him yet.

Last edited:

khoazany

Did well but I wouldn't be convinced until I saw him performing against a side that actually put a lot of pressure on his wing.

Acole9

Outstanding
He had a good game at the weekend, he needs to make the most of this opportunity while Valencia is out injured.

Fenerbahce 2:1 Man Utd

Jaxa

Hes absoloutely garbage, every attack we have on that right hand side is wasted, a liability defensively as well, we carry way too many average players atm

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I like him, but his attacking play is so poor at times. Has lots of space out there tonight and hasn't done anything with it. Really missing Tony in games like this

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Not good enough in attack for a Man Utd fullback. Valencia is 3 times the player tbh

acnumber9

He's a nothing player. Like a little boy lost when he crosses the halfway line.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Looked good against Burnley, that's clearly his level. Poor going forward, poor defending. How did we buy so many sub par players under Van Gaal?

JoaquinJoaquin

I thought he wasn't too bad in that first half. Could of done better with a few passes but he makes good runs getting forward and has the full back certainly thinking.

dcullivanio

He's just a bit too bland isn't he. He's workmanlike without any panache or invention. To me, you can see it in his face that there's something missing with him...like he knows he's not really up to the task. I'd like to be proved wrong (especially after lauding him at the beginning of last season) but he's never going to be our first choice Right Back. We shouldn't actually be missing Valencia who himself was a stop gap in that position!!

Roboc7

He has tried but he offers nothing gong forward and with Shaw not offering much either it just isn't good enough.

Ludens the Red

One of the very few out there who seems to be trying tonight
Yeah but he's just not a good player, like at all. Amount of space and time on the ball he had today and he pretty much did nothing everytime. We cannot play a player this bad. I'd rather we have an academy player at RB on Sunday, someone athletic and with pace.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Yeah but he's just not a good player, like at all. Amount of space and time on the ball he had today and he pretty much did nothing everytime. We cannot play a player this bad. I'd rather we have an academy player at RB on Sunday, someone athletic and with pace.
I dont really agree with any of that, and think that the entire post is complete BS.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Terrible. And people complain that we should have a 'natural right back' playing over Valencia.

Robbie Boy

Agree with this. I just can't stand him. Such a fanny.

Status
Not open for further replies.