Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

G-manc

I'd barely heard of him before he joined but i was encouraged by his first half dozen games. He still didn't offer much going forward then but looked solid defensively.

Now he still offers nothing going forward (albeit not on his 'natural' side) but he's also a walking yellow card.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Yesterday even underused bench player like Young proved to be more useful than him. Not looking good for Matteo at all.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I would be happy if he never plays for us again. He is a complete coward.

I think he must have really bad stamina issues as he rarely sprints at full speed, he's always either jogging forward if he does, or if the ball is loose and he's going for it he basically walks after it until it's too late. I really don't see what Mourinho likes about him, he's just completely awful.

He suits a slower tempo and clearly England is just too much for him. Pack him back to Italy.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Think Blind is among the slowest players I've ever seen for United albeit he is much better than Darmain.
See, I think if they had a 100m race, Blind would win... because whilst he may be slow as feck, he would have the intensity and drive to go faster.

That, and Darmian would probably stop around the 50m, mark, turn around and run backwards.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
See, I think if they had a 100m race, Blind would win... because whilst he may be slow as feck, he would have the intensity and drive to go faster.

That, and Darmian would probably stop around the 50m, mark, turn around and run backwards.
Lol I still think Darmain even after running and turning again could still turn and beat Blind. I think Mata would out sprint Blind in fact I think Fergie would!

m1y2

hes not with the squad for the saint etiene game hopefully it means he's finished forever and his place goes to Young/TFM/Blind/Rojo/Riley/CBJ who are all comfortably better

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
hes not with the squad for the saint etiene game hopefully it means he's finished forever and his place goes to Young/TFM/Blind/Rojo/Riley/CBJ who are all comfortably better
If it were up to me I'd buy out his contract and stick him on a RyanAir flight to Livorno.

3KDré

I can understand why he won't be risked tomorrow. The EL is a great trophy to win.

m1y2

Looks like he still likes Darmian.
Thanks for the tweet.

seems like he likes his second fullback to be shit, if so it's worrying.. still think it's just encouraging words towards Shaw, he's said pretty much the same about Mhkitaryan but using different words earlier in the season

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He's terrible one-on-one, but I think Mourinho likes him because of his positional discipline when playing LB.

He can tuck in and balance out Valencia who bombs forward a lot. We can do much better though, and I expect him to be shipped out this summer.

Either Shaw gets a chance, or we buy a new LB.

Blind

He was a passenger, should have been taken off instead of Mkhitaryan.

Zoo

He was just a body out there. Hasn't worked out at all here and needs to be first out of the door in the summer.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He's a level or two below the standard we are aspiring for. Can't see him lasting the summer.

stevoc

The task he was given suited him and he did fine at it.
Yeah suited him down to the ground. Two centre backs to his right, one in front and Young to his left almost playing left back for him. In a defensive set up and zero expectation of contributing anything going forwards.

And considering all that yeah he was just fine, which says it all really.

JoaquinJoaquin

I've tried to give him chances and benefit of the doubt, but he just isn't very good unfortunately.

criticalanalysis

In my eyes he played well, didn't stand out (for better or worse), he did his job and nothing else.
He was just a body out there. Hasn't worked out at all here and needs to be first out of the door in the summer.
Yeah suited him down to the ground. Two centre backs to his right, one in front and Young to his left almost playing left back for him. In a defensive set up and zero expectation of contributing anything going forwards.

And considering all that yeah he was just fine, which says it all really.
This.

Mourinho 'trusts' him because the way he plays, he's not going to be the direct cause of a mistake. It's the lowest common denominator but our game suffers massively indirectly because of him. Can't pass, can't carry the ball, can't overlap, can't keep a player occupied (i.e he's no threat) etc etc.

Blind and Shaw must be fuming.

Sylar

He did a job for the defence. He wasnt bad or anything. But kinda hard to judge based on the fact we hardly saw him.

LouisDanGaal

His best game for us since his first few games. All the heat was coming his way as Sunderlands tactic was clearly get the ball to Anichebe to try to strength it to goal, Darmian owned him all match.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Turns out that if you play a RB at RB and not LB he's not that shit. Handled Anichebe who is probably twice his weight very well today.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I am of the opinion that he's one of our worst players but I thought he did well today.
Turns out that if you play a RB at RB and not LB he's not that shit. Handled Anichebe who is probably twice his weight very well today.
I've seen him play I don't know how many bad games at RB, too. Credit where it's due, though.

Walters_19_MuFc

He was a lot better today, but the way we play, i.e. very narrow wingers, it means our full backs need to bombing on at all times.

There were a few occasions today when one of our front three had the ball and either lost it or were forced to go back because Darmian wasn't always an outlet for us. This is why I feel Valencia takes us to a different level when he plays.

I do think he was better today, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.