Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Nugget

There was a point in the game where the ball was played out from the left back position, then passed to an unmarked left winger - to my surprise it was Darmian. Felt he went way too far up the pitch in that instance.

Apart from that and the crap crossing, I felt he played well - at least he got himself in those positions. Barrow has been very good lately and kept him quiet - the only time he was beaten by him, he faked and injury that nullified the threat.

Loublaze

ATLien
So in retrospect do people think United should've signed Nathaniel Clyne instead?

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Full-back position at Manchester United is an absolute bastard. Sheer amount of responsibility your full-backs have here is enormous. I don't think there is another club so dependant on those to create things. Darmian isn't a bad player, there's just no coincidence that players like Rafael, Evra and Valencia play better there than Jones, Smalling or Darmian.

Ban

We really should make a haircut performances thread for all the players. It seems it's a more important thing than the actual performances.

stevoc

Did well today defensively i thought solid enough. Still offers little going forward but thats just not part of his game and i doubt he could improve much in that area.

If he maintained this level of performance then he would be a useful squad player to have.

slir32

Had a decent game he would be a good squad player but not sure Jose agrees. Jose didn't even shake his hand when he was subbed off.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
he is much better on the left then he is on the right which is a shame....

Man-United

Nothing player. Ruined everything for us on the left when he had the ball.

Spirit of Solskjaer

There really is no point in having him on the pitch. Offers absolutely nothing going forward, just ruins our attacks and players just run past him when he's "defending." Might aswell play another striker in his place.

Fahad Jawaid

He is the worse player i have seen playing for Utd in my time. Atleast Bebe and Obertan were seen very early as not good enough and hence stopped playing important matches, with him whenever the ball goes out to him, i am like there goes the attack, and that's what happens, its like when you play with your mates and you can't even get close to getting the ball, and then there is a shit player, when the balls goes out to him you instantly sprint to get the ball from him, and he always gives it away.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I won't say he can't defend, because he does that pretty well at times, but he's a terrible attacker. Full backs are an important part of the attack in team that expects to pin opponents back, and with us not having natural wingers, they're doubly more so.

I really hope Shaw steps it up for us, otherwise we're looking at another dip in the transfer market.

AN17

Have been defending him for some time in the hope that he may come good one day, but I give up. Absolute horseshit going forward. Not exactly the Italian defender you expect one to be.

acnumber9

Is anyone actually surprised when he plays like that? Our summer business last year was absolutely horrendous.

Vilev

I've been saying he is very poor old-style and basically obsolete type of full-back that top teams just should not have since first games last year. He offers next to nothing in attack and we should just ditch him. I mean with how football is evolving nowadays Moses and Valencia are far superior full back than Darmian.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Has literally NEVER put in a cross or beat a man during his career here. Not exaggerating.

He is a backup at best. Would rather have Ashley Young or CBJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.