Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's absolutely shit on the ball. Can't believe how uncomposed he is. He just blasts it up as soon as it lands to him, doesn't even try to pick out somebody.

Defensively he wasn't the worst but he has to do so much better going forward

PlayerOne

He's a poor player, we need so much more. He couldn't even clear the ball properly

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Thought he was good today. Lacks in going forward but was solid defensively.

PlayerOne

Thought he was good today. Lacks in going forward but was solid defensively.
Not me, most of Everton's attacks came down his side. Pogba and Martial covered for him a lot too. Should be nowhere near the first team

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's a good defender, and that's it. He'd probably be pretty good as the LCB or RCB in a back 3, Conte's 3-4-3 for example. It's been said a million times, but he's got nothing going forwards, which isn't good enough for a full back. I think he's slightly better on the right, as he can put in an early cross or overlap. On the left, he has to cut back to his right before he can do anything, and those sorts of crosses are so easy to defend.

Robbie Boy

I genuinely can't stand the sight of him. Nowhere near good enough for this level. Absolutely bizarre that he couldn't even make the squad and now he's a fecking starter. Odd.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't think he's that bad to be honest, he's not great either though. If Shaw could stay fit for more than two consecutive matches Darmian wouldn't be seen as much anyway.

Bwuk

Not good enough. There was a moment where Bolasie skinned him and put a good ball in box, someone for Everton should of anticipated it.

DarkXaero

Good defender but nothing more than that. Offers absolutely nothing going forward and is often poor on the ball for a fullback. No idea why Blind isn't starting over him.

JoaquinJoaquin

He's a waste of time. I'd sooner play one of the lads in the academy. At least they'll try and affect the outcome of the game.

Or, we could just play Blind instead.
Complete overreaction. He has done OK. I'd still rather have the non-fat version of Shaw at LB but as cover he has done ok.

JoaquinJoaquin

61 percent passing accuracy and 0 tackles. Won't miss him when he leaves in January. Should also be his last game for us.
He won't leave in January. Why would we sell players we have as cover during the season? Jose has already said he wants to keep him anyways.

Parma Dewol

He seems to do okay when he's at right back, but at left back he looks out of sorts. Was worried when I saw Bolassie vs. Darmian in the line-ups yesterday.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Someone said it earlier, but I think he might be playing ahead of Blind because Blind is the only other fit CB at the moment.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's starting to properly piss me off that he gets to stat football matches for our club. I think I said the other day that he's average... and I must have been in a pretty nice mood that day, because really, he's bloody awful. He's so feckin' inept with the ball at his feet, and his attacking output is so non existant, you have to end up overrating his defence contributions to justify how it is exactly that he's playing for Manchester United. We say "good defensively" after games like yesterday, despite the fact that every game his winger will probably go past him on 1 or 2 occassions at least (like yesterday)... and the fact that he is so physically weak, his clearances are made with zero conviction. No wonder he can't cross a feckin' ball, he can barely kick a ball.

Maybe I'm being overly harsh 'cos i'm still pissed off about yeterday, but yeah, to me, the bloke is absolutely useless. He can't pass, he often panics in possession, he can barely defend, he can't attack, he's weak, he's not quick, he's rubbish.

Last edited:

Varun

Staff
Should be 3rd choice LB which at his age basically means goodbye.

Robbie Boy

It's starting to properly piss me off that he gets to stat football matches for our club. I think I said the other day that he's average... and I must have been in a pretty nice mood that day, because really, he's bloody awful. He's so feckin' inept with the ball at his feet, and his attacking output is so non existant, you have to end up overrating his defence contributions to justify how it is exactly that he's playing for Manchester United. We say "good defensively" after games like yesterday, despite the fact that every game his winger will probably go past him on 1 or 2 occassions at least (like yesterday)... and the fact that he is so physically weak, his clearances are made with zero conviction. No wonder he can't cross a feckin' ball, he can barely kick a ball.

Maybe I'm being overly harsh 'cos i'm still pissed off about yeterday, but yeah, to me, the bloke is absolutely useless. He can't pass, he often panic's in possession, he can barely defend, he can't attack, he's weak, he's not quick, he's rubbish.
Yeah he's utter shite. Can't wait to see the back of him.

Minimalist

If we had no other left backs except him I'd be desperately after a proper one but would put up with him.

The fact we have Blind sitting there with his fantastic output from the back just pisses me off.

Robbie Boy

If we had no other left backs except him I'd be desperately after a proper one but would put up with him.

The fact we have Blind sitting there with his fantastic output from the back just pisses me off.
It's pretty fecking annoying alright. It's even more bizarre that this absolute fraud couldn't even make the bench for the first few months of the season and now somehow, he's a starter.

Rossa

He looks too lightweight for me, as if he is too easily brushed aside by most wingers. His positioning is good, but even then he manages to struggle with most wingers. Bolasie is no prime Walcott for pace, but Darmian struggled still, and he also struggles for strength. Combined with his inability to carry the ball forward or pick out passes, and his non existent attacking threat, then he is well below par in that position. Decent squad option.

Varun

Staff
Think I'd have him 4th... behind Blind, Shaw and Young. Probably 5th choice when we recall CBJ in January.
Forgot about Young, yeah, he'd probably be ahead of darmian as well. Very strange how his time here has turned out tbh. Started off really well and then had a dip and never recovered. Even when we got him, he was very highly rated and even Bayern were looking at him iirc.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If he is not a good option and Shaw is not the long term answer, I think we should go buy a good attacking fullback. Not sure how Ricardo Rodriguez has been faring at Wolfsburg but he'd be my top choice.

Robbie Boy

If he is not a good option and Shaw is not the long term answer, I think we should go buy a good attacking fullback. Not sure how Ricardo Rodriguez has been faring at Wolfsburg but he'd be my top choice.
Yeah from the admittedly limited amount of Rodriguez that I've seen, I think he looks a hell of a player.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He looks too lightweight for me, as if he is too easily brushed aside by most wingers. His positioning is good, but even then he manages to struggle with most wingers. Bolasie is no prime Walcott for pace, but Darmian struggled still, and he also struggles for strength. Combined with his inability to carry the ball forward or pick out passes, and his non existent attacking threat, then he is well below par in that position. Decent squad option.
Thing is, when you list out all his flaws... can you really say he's worthy of being a squad option?

John O'Shea was the ultimate squad opption, and he was ten times the player Darmian is.

Robbie Boy

Nope. That's our problem these days, we hang onto players that clearly aren't good enough and keep saying things like "ah sure he's a grand squad player".

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Nope. That's our problem these days, we hang onto players that clearly aren't good enough and keep saying things like "ah sure he's a grand squad player".
Well said. A good squad player should be starter material and really pushing the guy in front of him. Darmian is not that man.

ZDwyr

He's just...very vanilla. He doesn't appear to have any extraordinary attributes and he also seems to be below the 'United standard' in every department. Not sure what his wage is but we should be looking to move him on.

Stringer

Get rid. Being a fullback for Manchester United means you have to contribute both defensively and offensively. This guy is one of the worst players in possession I have ever seen at United and his defending is average at best. He'd have to be shutting down every opposing winger he plays against to even slightly justify his attacking 'contribution' but he was left for dead on a couple of occasions by Bolasie.

Even more baffling that he starts when Blind is sitting on the bench.

stevoc

Thing is, when you list out all his flaws... can you really say he's worthy of being a squad option?

John O'Shea was the ultimate squad opption, and he was ten times the player Darmian is.
Thought the same when i read that post, someone is so bad that expectations drop so low that being decent (not even good just decent) at defending is now enough to be a squad option for Man Utd.

O'Shea wan't the greatest fullback going forward either but when compared to Darmian's attacking contribution he was like fecking Cafu.

Robbie Boy

Thought the same when i read that post, someone is so bad that expectations drop so low that being decent (not even good just decent) at defending is now enough to be a squad option for Man Utd.

O'Shea wan't the greatest fullback going forward either but when compared to Darmian's attacking contribution he was like fecking Cafu.
It's been a weird form of defence for a-lot of our subpar players for a long time now. "Ah 'insert subpar player name' is absolutely shite, but he's a good squad player". Erm ok!

Back in the days of Fergie, 'squad players' were generally very good players that were vying with first teamers for their place. Not all the time, of course but generally that was the way. The term 'squad player' - on here, anyway - really has lost all meaning.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

I'm surprised to see that there are people who still consider him a good defender and believe his only problem is on the ball. That's two matches in a row in which the opposition managers (Bilic and Koeman) have shifted the whole weight of their attacks on our left side because all you need is a bit of pace to beat him. Doesn't matter if you're an one footed or an one dimensional winger, all you need to kick the ball forward and get past him. On the inside, on the outside and in any other possible way.

Robbie Boy

I'm surprised to see that there are people who still consider him a good defender and believe his only problem is on the ball. That's two matches in a row in which the opposition managers (Bilic and Koeman) have shifted the whole weight of their attacks on our left side because all you need is a bit of pace to beat him. Doesn't matter if you're an one footed or an one dimensional winger, all you need to kick the ball forward and get past him. On the inside, on the outside and in any other possible way.
Spot on. His defensive capabilities are completely overrated on here. He actually isn't even that good of a defender and as for his offensive prowess, the less said about that the better!

facund

He tends to look like the weak link whenever he plays (LB or RB) so it's no surprise he gets targeted in such a way.

Fracture90

He gets the job done defensively, well in most of cases but his attacking game id non existent.

Kag

Complete overreaction. He has done OK. I'd still rather have the non-fat version of Shaw at LB but as cover he has done ok.
It isn't an overreaction in the slightest. He's had ample opportunities at full back for us and isn't good enough going forward. Our left flank is a non-entity in attack because he simply doesn't get forward enough to impact the game.

Darmian as cover isn't the end of the world, granted, but it's far from ideal.

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
Haven't thought he was United quality and he's been on my 'do not play' list since the Spurs game last year when he came in after Fosu got hurt.

Saying he's a good defender in the EPL is not a true statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.