Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanClancy

He's simply not a United player, was hoping Young would be brought on for him as we there was several times he was in decent positions but he couldn't produce a cross. He's non existent as an attacking threat and don't eve think he's that good a defender. I'm amazed he has 27 caps for Italy. Blind is a far better bet bet at left back in these games whilst Shaw gets back to his best.

Loublaze

ATLien
He's simply not a United player, was hoping Young would be brought on for him as we there was several times he was in decent positions but he couldn't produce a cross. He's non existent as an attacking threat and don't eve think he's that good a defender. I'm amazed he has 27 caps for Italy. Blind is a far better bet bet at left back in these games whilst Shaw gets back to his best.
This.

I like his personlity and he had a purple patch at the start of his career here but he simply hasn't kicked on. His crossing is simply atrocious even under no pressure whatsoever. I never wanted him in the first place I thought we should've got Clyne at the time.

3KDré

I think we ought to start Joe Riley there. He'd put a real shift in.

AndyJ1985

Defensively he's nothing more than decent. Offensively he's a waste of space and offers nothing whatsoever. Hopefully he'll be replaced in January.

Loublaze

ATLien
People swore he was one of the best rightbacks in the world before United signed him. There was a lot of debate about whether United should sign him or Clyne. There was even talk on here from the serie A 'experts' about how good he is offensively. I thought he was some kind of skillful, pacy wingback who can play both sides

Rossa

Interesting how he never seems to have time on the ball anywhere on the pitch; compare that with Valencia on the other side, who is also mostly doubled up on. Awful display by Darmian. Looked so light weight out there.

soapythecat

Absolutely one of the players that highlights the huge amount of very average players we have. I know it's a squad game but he shouldn't be anywhere near it. His selection only goes to show how overrated, overpaid and inflated purchase price some of this squad are. Agree with an earlier post - young Riley would have been great today perhaps. As for why Daley Blind didn't start....?!?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's so uninspiringly average that when he's with us he just can't help but look a bit crap.

He's one of those players that would do a fine job for Burnley or Bournemouth without anyone ever noticing him.

Crimson King

Decent squad fullback who can play both sides, but won't ever be good enough to be a regular starter.

NinjaFletch

People swore he was one of the best rightbacks in the world before United signed him. There was a lot of debate about whether United should sign him or Clyne. There was even talk on here from the serie A 'experts' about how good he is offensively. I thought he was some kind of skillful, pacy wingback who can play both sides
Isn't the first and won't be the last to look a world beater in Serie A but struggle outside of it.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Feel sorry on him at times, god knows why. But he is like a man down at times. Every attack that goes anywhere near or involved him just dies and he was rinsed by Antonio all day.

Robbie Boy

I genuinely thought he was going to be class based on what some on here were saying about him prior to signing. He's wank.

Strats

He is not a left back. Baffles me that Jose choses him over Shaw, Blind and even CBJ/Riley. Offers absolutely fecking nothing.

Would even have Valencia as a left back even if his left foot is only useful to stand on.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
A home game against West Ham cries for an offensive, skillful fullback. Darmian is not that so you have to question why Jose didnt pick at least Blind

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's worrying that Mourinho is actually picking him as first choice left back over Shaw and Blind.

There was a lot of complaints about Rashford getting beat too easily by Ox last week. Antonio did the same to Darmian at least 3 times yesterday. He's terrible.

DanClancy

Interesting how he never seems to have time on the ball anywhere on the pitch; compare that with Valencia on the other side, who is also mostly doubled up on. Awful display by Darmian. Looked so light weight out there.
He was given acres of space by West Ham in the 2nd half because they knew he wouldn't do anything with it. It was a mistake by Jose not to replace him with either Young or Blind.

Ixion

I was in the North Tier 2 right near the half way line yesterday and had a perfect view of him and Rashford stinking that entire left side up. Not sure how he gets a start over Blind on the left.

Rossa

I was in the North Tier 2 right near the half way line yesterday and had a perfect view of him and Rashford stinking that entire left side up. Not sure how he gets a start over Blind on the left.
As long as you couldn't smell him stinking the place up. Look for positives!

acnumber9

I've learned to not listen to a word from the experts on this forum who seem to be able to watch every player every week. They clearly can't and if they could then they obviously haven't got a clue what they're watching. People were so blinded by their dislike for Valencia at the time that his average start was billed as great. He isn't even close to the required standard. I understand Mournino was sending out a message to a couple of players with his selections at the back the last couple of weeks but it's time to finish it. Darmian gives ordinary a bad name.

Loublaze

ATLien
I've learned to not listen to a word from the experts on this forum who seem to be able to watch every player every week. They clearly can't and if they could then they obviously haven't got a clue what they're watching. People were so blinded by their dislike for Valencia at the time that his average start was billed as great. He isn't even close to the required standard. I understand Mournino was sending out a message to a couple of players with his selections at the back the last couple of weeks but it's time to finish it. Darmian gives ordinary a bad name.
I agree. Five games in people were calling him the signing of the season. That changed very quickly. The scouting department really needs to do better. I watched Darmian at WC 2014 and I wasn't really impressed.

SATA

Remember the times when we tracked his flight from Turin and thought he was a good player? And the swarm of Torino fans signing up on the caf and telling us to enjoy him and the feck Juve thing? Good old times

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was given acres of space by West Ham in the 2nd half because they knew he wouldn't do anything with it. It was a mistake by Jose not to replace him with either Young or Blind.
Yep, I was amazed that wasn't Jose's last sub. What's the point of chucking Fellaini forward when they get no service? Darmian's a decent defender but you need to be just as good going forward these days.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
IMO his lack of ability cost us the match yesterday. We completely lost momentum in the second half because WHU clocked on that if they give it to Antonio, he can just keep bombing down that flank and constantly put us on the back foot. It completely killed off 25-30 minutes of the second half and by the time we were back on the front foot and controlling possession it was too late.

mu4c_20le

I don't even think he is a good defender. He played his best for us in his first two months or so, I remember LVG even singled him out for praise, but then he dropped off and kept making mistakes. Decent defender at best, but shockingly poor at times. Not having a go at Jose but LVG would have chucked on Ashley Young, who wouldn't be much worse off defending wise and can at least dribble and put in a cross.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I don't even think he is a good defender. He played his best for us in his first two months or so, I remember LVG even singled him out for praise, but then he dropped off and kept making mistakes. Decent defender at best, but shockingly poor at times. Not having a go at Jose but LVG would have chucked on Ashley Young, who wouldn't be much worse off defending wise and can at least dribble and put in a cross.
Do you remember that PSV game when Shaw broke his leg, you'd have thought it was Darmian who was playing on one leg he was that bad. Never rated him after that performance, he was an absolute shambles and he's never been the same since.

Devil81

I've got to say, he's up there with my most hated United players of all time. He's weak in the tackle, scared to overcommit with the ball at his feet, he's also a terrible passer/crosser of the ball.

I can only come up with one word for him, pussy.

Everton 1:1 Man Utd

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's never going to be a world beater but he's come up to the pace of the league now.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Him and Rojo just are not United class. Rojo has looked decent lately to be fair where as Darmain is a major week link.

Devil may care

He's never going to be a world beater but he's come up to the pace of the league now.
Yeah, he offers nothing in attack which means Martial has no link-up but defensively today he was on point and made some very good tackles.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Thought he was shaky every time he got the ball. Did okay defensively but still managed to get skinned a few times

Sylar

Solid defensively. Not great with the ball which allowed Everton to keep coming back at us. Though I was hoping that our midfield would go back and try and take it off him.

Kag

He's a waste of time. I'd sooner play one of the lads in the academy. At least they'll try and affect the outcome of the game.

Or, we could just play Blind instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.