g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
He isn't joining Juve. The kid has already said that he wants to develop further and implied game time is important. With them having Bonucci, Chiellini and Rugani already in their ranks, surely he wouldn't play as much as he would like.

He would join us and lead us back to glory years:drool:
Bonucci 32, Chiellini 34 are getting on, Rugani and De Ligt the new generation of CB's for Juve. Get a year or two learning under Chiellini as he winds down his career into retirement. This for me would be a good move career wise.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Seems like Juventus is going all out again to win the CL next season.

jackal&hyde

Bonucci 32, Chiellini 34 are getting on, Rugani and De Ligt the new generation of CB's for Juve. Get a year or two learning under Chiellini as he winds down his career into retirement. This for me would be a good move career wise.
He doesn't need to learn as an understudy for anyone. He is ready to be first choice week in week out. And probably one of the best payed defenders in the World. Like Mbappe, he is a prodigy where the only improvement will come from playing.

United is the obvious choice where game time is concerned. And money probably.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
New tax regime for foreigners (the government approved it a couple of days ago).

12 net is around 16 gross, whereas before 16 gross were 8 net.
That government is almost as ridiculous as €12m net for a teenager. Wait...it’s the other way around.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Serious question, where is Juve getting all this money to pay these huge salaries?

Bole Top

Serious question, where is Juve getting all this money to pay these huge salaries?
probably from not massively overpaying all their deadwood, so there's more to give to those that actually deserve it.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
He was definitely signing for psg a week ago. Before that Barca. Let's just have faith in GB.

gulli_G

As much as Deligt is a brilliant player and leader, such a high salary will cause discontent, just look at what sanchez has done to us, and we can't even offload him. I like Ole's vision of having players that want to work hard for this team, who want to be here because we are man utd, would rather have a Maguire type who wants to come than a Deligt only coming because we pay the highest against other teams offers, with a rumoured clause (probably if Barca came in later on?). Just get Sancho next season and tell him to Meg him a few times next time we meet Juve in the CL.

gulli_G

Another point is that Ronnie probably wants him And Juve will do whatever it takes to get him, they are usually good at paying up for long term WC players, like they did with Buffon.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Isn't that twice as much than what their captaon makes? Ha. For a CB with barely 2 years of experience.

Ooge_

Supports
Werder
Can´t wait for the documentary from de Ligt. "How i made the decision". On Netflix soon or maybe on Disney?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah, I’m not believing he’s not coming to us until he’s holding up another shirt. Even then, I’m not sure I’ll accept it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm sure we're still putting together the DE LI5T video...that's all that's holding his signing for us up.

Sterling Archer

Can´t wait for the documentary from de Ligt. "How i made the decision". On Netflix soon or maybe on Disney?
This isn't Hazard or Griezman. The kid has done nothing wrong - he openly stated he won't think about this until after the international games and his vacation. The hype and frenzy is from Raiola and journos in general. He's literally out there in swim trunks reading a book not giving a feck about all this right now. :lol:

BlueHaze

I didn't expect him to end up at Juve I thought Barca for sure but like with all Raiola clients he seems to be a greedy fecker going to whoever offers him the highest wages. Maybe it's actually better he never ends up here regardless of how good he is because if you think about it he'd eventually move on after 3 seasons. I say stay away from any Raiola clients in the future. That man is a trouble maker.

Sterling Archer

I didn't expect him to end up at Juve I thought Barca for sure but like with all Raiola clients he seems to be a greedy fecker going to whoever offers him the highest wages. Maybe it's actually better he never ends up here regardless of how good he is because if you think about it he'd eventually move on after 3 seasons. I say stay away from any Raiola clients in the future. The man is a trouble maker.

This is such a daft thing to say. First off, he's still a teenager. Second you've fallen prey to judgment based on what the media is saying about him instead of making a character appraisal on the actual individual, his own words and his actions.

And finally, he has got every top club in the world after his signature. You expect him to say, "I'll joint X for a pittance because I just want the internet to like me"? That's an utterly unrealistic expectation. It's also telling that's he's basically said he needs time to think about the best football option for him given so many great teams wanting him and even laughed at the ludicrous sums of money being mentioned. That's his actual reaction. Not the one the journos are rabidly fantasizing.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
This is such a daft thing to say. First off, he's still a teenager. Second you've fallen prey to judgment based on what the media is saying about him instead of making a character appraisal on the actual individual, his own words and his actions.

And finally, he has got every top club in the world after his signature. You expect him to say, "I'll joint X for a pittance because I just want the internet to like me"? That's an utterly unrealistic expectation. It's also telling that's he's basically said he needs time to think about the best football option for him given so many great teams wanting him and even laughed at the ludicrous sums of money being mentioned. That's his actual reaction. Not the one the journos are rabidly fantasizing.
I'm sure he means Raiola is a troublemaker, not De Ligt.

BlueHaze

The part you highlighted is for Raiola.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
In this market? I’d be surprised if he went for less.
and think of what you are getting. true class and you could get 12 years out of him! seems pretty good to me (if I had the odd £62m lying around)

Status
Not open for further replies.