Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
His PSG across last and current season is the weakest the club has been this last decade. Their insane luck this year is poised to end sooner rather than later, as they can't keep winning games at the last minutes through dubious penalty calls the whole season, and then they'll be open to a full-blown humiliation ala MU - Liverpool.

There was some semblance of hope last year, most notably Barcelona away, the Bayern tie and the first half of City home, where they played some tremendous football, but this year they've struggled against almost all teams they've played (for the record I must have missed 3 of their games at most this year).

They shouldn't be playing for a draw at Marseille and come out of it relieved but that's where they're at right now.
This is pretty much factual. The performances have not been good if you watch the games. And they weren’t good last season either. Poch clung onto the job after losing the French league (a huge failure) because of a handful of good performances in the Champions League.

I don’t think he’s a bum though, he’s a good coach. Just not sure if he can handle it at PSG, as others have suggested. Maybe he’ll prove me wrong.

KeanoMagicHat

It is bizarre being on the outside looking in. A very large club with a history of winning and a good many of their fans enamored over an average manager that has not really accomplished anything. Came close, but could not follow it with anything.
What’s average about what he did with Spurs or Southampton? He got to a CL final with no money for transfers when Tottenham have barely even qualified for the competition in their history before or after him? Tottenham are not a top 4 team in England, never mind Europe, not even close. That was a big achievement. They were the worst team and the least prestigious team to make the Champions League final in the past decade and he got them there.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Tunchel was far from a failure at PSG, it was his lack of Champions League success that got him the sack, I rate Poch highly and like him A LOT but he has major flaws which some people fail to acknowledge.
Tuchel definitely did a better job than Poch has done so far.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
You do realize that you sometimes have to defend in football, like when the other team gets the ball? Any team who successfully plays with a front 4 has players with a high workrate. It's not even remotely the case for Messi/MBappé/Neymar/Di Maria. The fact that Neymar is the one defending the most tells you plenty.
Ohhhhh i see who is in your defence again? Ligue 1 has went backwards this year, all the top sides have regressed.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Didn't Tuchel leave them in first place? Even further, this season, despite the results, Tuchel has not impressed one bit. He's basically an improved version of Ole in how he has his team playing.
He controls games and keeps clean sheets. Hes more than just an improved version of Ole. He plays a completely different system in fact.

Anyway he was sacked and Poch was brought in. If you dont rate Tuchel, fine. But the guy is a winner and has leagues and Champions Leagues to his name.

Att his point most coaches are an upgrade on Ole.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I bet he's not even happy at PSG.

There's probably loads of things he'd love to implement but can't because really his main job is just to keep the harmony.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
But in all of those examples the players aren’t there anymore? For two of the examples (Messi, Neymar) they’re at PSG right now. I honestly don’t think there’s another club in Europe right now with those kinds of personalities, at least not throughout the team rather than the odd one or two.
This year it might be the highest concentration of "hard to manage" players yes but I thought this was a general statement about PSG. The Messi/Piqué/Busquets influence was probably worse for Barcelona last season for exemple.

Ohhhhh i see who is in your defence again? Ligue 1 has went backwards this year, all the top sides have regressed.
11.500+ messages on a football forum and you still don't know that you don't only defend with 4 players, that's...sad.

And Ligue 1 didn't go backward, yes some of the top teams have regressed (as usual) but other have improved. Ligue 1 clubs have only lost 1 game out of 18 in european competition this season so far. The overall level is the best i've seen in years even if we still lack some consistant teams to bother PSG every season. To be honest, PSG doesn't deserve to be 10 points ahead at all, 3 or 4 would be far more logical if we look at our performances.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
This year it might be the highest concentration of "hard to manage" players yes but I thought this was a general statement about PSG. The Messi/Piqué/Busquets influence was probably worse for Barcelona last season for exemple.

11.500+ messages on a football forum and you still don't know that you don't only defend with 4 players, that's...sad.

And Ligue 1 didn't go backward, yes some of the top teams have regressed (as usual) but other have improved. Ligue 1 clubs have only lost 1 game out of 18 in european competition this season so far. The overall level is the best i've seen in years even if we still lack some consistant teams to bother PSG every season. To be honest, PSG doesn't deserve to be 10 points ahead at all, 3 or 4 would be far more logical if we look at our performances.
what's your feelings on Poch? Want him gone? Think he'll be gone soon/end of the season?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

I will let you do this, you list PSGs 4 defenders and 2 CMs against say..... Marseille, its nothing to do with players its coaching. PSG don't deserve their points total simple because Poch cant get them playing as a team. Their elite attack isn't scoring to their optimum and their defence is lazy. Poch is a progressive manager, he's stubborn, he's lets that attack go it will steam roll Ligue 1.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
PSG can do us a solid by sacking him and appointing Conte. Conte whopping Neymar's ass would be so fun to watch.
Conte seems Spurs bound.

what's your feelings on Poch? Want him gone? Think he'll be gone soon/end of the season?
I was pretty open to the idea when he arrived. But after 10 months, I still have no idea of what he's trying to do with the team and some of his choices are plain stupid. Unless there's huge earthquake (like not qualifying for the final stage of the CL), I see him getting fired at the end of the season. I don't know who we could pick as a replacement though, but if Guardiola is available, the owner will do everything to get him and Pochettino doesn't have a chance.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I would call it a lazy and premature evaluation given he took over after Tuchel only managed 3 wins in December and was off the boil in the league.

If Poch cant deliver a title in his first full season with PSG then sure, go nuts.
3 wins? They were 11-2-4 when Tuchel left, I think a point or two behind Lille and Monaco.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
well if that's what you're asking now then it's different to what you started by saying which was downplaying everything he did at Spurs

you now also seem to be using the fact that a lot of managers adopt a style Poch brought in years prior as a stick to beat him with?

I'm not even massively pro Poch but your arguments against him are ridiculous
Well I can ask that question and still question Poch's effectiveness, in conjunction. My statement literally read I'm questioning his effectiveness. I'm framing this all in the lens of him coming here and I don't see what he achieved at soton would be any different with Potter is achieving at Brighton, so is that not a better choice? I also don't think considering his squad at Spurs, he achieved anything better than Rodgers has done at Leicester.

No, I'm not, it's more to do with why is he any better than those managers - I don't see anything he's done that all of them could do. They're all good managers, so I don't see what makes Poch a standout candidate.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
3 wins? They were 11-2-4 when Tuchel left, I think a point or two behind Lille and Monaco.
Leonardo had a very complicated relationship with Tuchel, that's the main reason he was sacked. Yes the team didn't look too good but it wasn't surprising considering that they only had a 1 week break after the CL final + COVID + injuries, but everybody knows that it's Leonardo who pushed very hard to fire Tuchel and didn't give him any kind of support.

Josh 76

Managing PSG should be deleted from every managers CV.
Everyone who goes there seems to be a failure.
Tuchel
Ancelotti
Blanc
Emery
Pochettino

They all can’t be crap managers !

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Tuchel
Ancelotti
Blanc
Emery
Pochettino

Ancelotti, Tuchel and Blanc did very well and are regarded as such. Emery and now Pochettino not so much because the team plays poorly.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
What’s average about what he did with Spurs or Southampton? He got to a CL final with no money for transfers when Tottenham have barely even qualified for the competition in their history before or after him? Tottenham are not a top 4 team in England, never mind Europe, not even close. That was a big achievement. They were the worst team and the least prestigious team to make the Champions League final in the past decade and he got them there.
How much of that season do you say was Poch, and how much to Kane and others having a great season? If it was Poch, he should have built on that success. He faced injuries but he had no solutions. How many trophies has he won? He is another coach that has a resume of great potential. Should a club as big as Man Utd want that resume?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Tuchel
Ancelotti
Blanc
Emery
Pochettino

Tuchel was definitely not a failure there. Six trophies and second in the CL final and then won it the next year with Chelsea.

The German tactician spent two years at the helm of the French club, in which time he won six major trophies, as well as finishing second in the Champions League in 2019/20.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Apologies I had the wrong stats there. My broader point stands though

Jaxa

His PSG team lucky to only be only 1-0 down after 10 mins with Silva missing a penalty,

Whatever you think about Ole, Poch is not the one to carry us forward

laughtersassassin

His PSG team lucky to only be only 1-0 down after 10 mins with Silva missing a penalty,

Well he is a better manager than Ole that's for sure.

We should have got Conte probably but we don't have much options left.

We should give whoever we go for a short contract.

Hopefully Ole is gone in the next week

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

Why is that the criteria for our new manager ? Personally I think Rodger’s is also a better manager but I still don’t think he would take us to a new level that allows us to compete for trophies
I didn't say it was but we have left ourselves short of options now.

Chances are we are going to have to take the risk in someone because the 4 best managers in the world are taken.

1-2 up now though, away from home, by this point versus Leipzig away in the group last season, we were soon down 0-3 and heading to the Europa League. Poch is currently leading his CL group, is undefeated in it, and it's a group with City/Pep in it.

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

1-2 up now though, away from home, by this point versus Leipzig away in the group last season, we were soon down 0-3 and heading to the Europa League. Poch is currently leading his CL group, is undefeated in it, and it's a group with City/Pep in it.
Mbappe should have killed it off then as well with the one on one

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

He's a better fit for us than Conte

cyberman

Nar, even when he’s a bit shit and can’t seem to make his mark on his squad, he’s still miles better than Ole, no matter what picture some like to paint.
Yeah but they drew the first game and fell behind both times against RBL. By all accounts a red should have been shown after the pen that was missed so god knows what amount of luck was involved there.
He really is Oleing it in this group. Saying that I think managing this PSG side is impossible anyway

lloyd2wayne

This psg squad isn’t getting the best out of him. He needs a clinical striker and players who have high work ethic And are hungry. Haland is perfect for him.
So it’s everyone’s fault but him. What is up with you man? Like seriously go seek help.

Isn’t he the one suppose to get the best out of that squad? You make no sense.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
This psg squad isn’t getting the best out of him. He needs a clinical striker and players who have high work ethic And are hungry. Haland is perfect for him.
You’d think a great coach would get the most out one of the most talented squads in the world?

cjj

Supports
Spurs
So it’s everyone’s fault but him. What is up with you man? Like seriously go seek help.

He only has 3 of the top forwards in world football.

He can't be expected to play attractive football and win games without a 4th one, surely

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

When players don’t want to run and miss easy goalscoring chances, that is the players fault. Once again, Psg should be ahead by much more if their attackers could finish. It is a consistent theme that I have been noticing. Nothing to do with Pochettino With this regard.
You’d think a great coach would get the most out one of the most talented squads in the world?
He is doing better than most great coach would do. Not complaining about result, but more so the players that suits Pochettino’s philosophy more.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I suppose if anyone didn't think you were playing a character already, this sentence should be enough to convince them. I honestly don't believe you even rate Pochettino as a manager, I reckon if you did you wouldn't be leaning so heavily into this façade.

lloyd2wayne

When players don’t want to run and miss easy goalscoring chances, that is the players fault. Once again, Psg should be ahead by much more if their attackers could finish. It is a consistent theme that I have been noticing. Nothing to do with Pochettino With this regard.
Are you even watching the game? Leipzig has had way more chances to score than PSG including a missed penalty.
Our players miss even easier chances, don’t run etc yet you blame Ole. Isn’t it the managers job to make sure that doesn’t happen?

If he can’t manage world class players then he can’t here either. When you watch PSG play as I actually am right now, there’s no style to their play. More like a counter attacking team just like us.

Don’t make it out like he’s some top class manager, because he’s not. He’s good and that’s it.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So 3 world class striker isn’t enough? Isnt the argument that great coaches get most of the squad they have?

Status
Not open for further replies.