Mayweather v Pacquiao (2 May 2015) | NO requesting streams/rivers etc in this thread

Who will win ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I loved watching Barca under Guardiola. Thought they were great. I also enjoy watching Mayweather. I thought the way he picked apart Hatton then knocked him the feck out was amazing. He's ridiculously skilled. I just think a fight like this one was disappointing. Should have been a fight for the ages but wasn't. The really great, historic fights bave always been wars and when two legends (belatedly) go toe to toe you want a war. No matter how skilled he was at slipping punches and controlling range a defensive masterclass will never get you on the edge of your seat. Which is, at the end of the day, what we want from every sport we watch. What I want, anyway.
To be honest I think the war was Manny's responsibility once the first couple of rounds clearly went Floyd's way. You can't expect Floyd to start taking risks when he's know he's ahead and his game plan is working. The problem is Manny was not really taking any risks either.

Classical Mechanic

so Haymon has spent all this time hoovering up many of the big names in boxing and now he is ready to pounce and make his own UFC style company?

It is amazing how he is manages to do all whilst operating in the shadows of such a public business. Very intriguing.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Using a Football analogy what Floyd did was like a side holding a great attacking side to 6 shots none on target.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
so Haymon has spent all this time hoovering up many of the big names in boxing and now he is ready to pounce and make his own UFC style company?

It is amazing how he is manages to do all whilst operating in the shadows of such a public business. Very intriguing.
Really it is hard to even find a picture of him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I loved watching Barca under Guardiola. Thought they were great. I also enjoy watching Mayweather. I thought the way he picked apart Hatton then knocked him the feck out was amazing. He's ridiculously skilled. I just think a fight like this one was disappointing. Should have been a fight for the ages but wasn't. The really great, historic fights bave always been wars and when two legends (belatedly) go toe to toe you want a war. No matter how skilled he was at slipping punches and controlling range a defensive masterclass will never get you on the edge of your seat. Which is, at the end of the day, what we want from every sport we watch. What I want, anyway.
Ideally the fight would have been defence v attack and we'd have got to see Manny putting Mayweather under serious pressure and giving his defensive brilliance a real challenge, forcing him out of him comfort zone. That would have been a good fight, certainly as good as this fight was gonna get anyway.

Instead we got defence v meh.

VanGaalEra

Haymon apparently likes his trannies. No wonder he likes to keep a low profile.

Silva

Haymon apparently likes his trannies. No wonder he likes to keep a low profile.
“I used to secretly date him and I’m sure other girls did also. Anyway, Al has boxing on lock! Al Haymon agreed to pay Canelo an additional $5mil if he took it easy on his prize fighter. Not to say Canelo would’ve won for sure, but Al didn’t want to take any risk after Manny Pacquiao got knocked the hell out. So how do I know this happened? I just finished licking Al’s balls the same day he had a secret meeting with Canelo’s camp. Lol, yes he just likes his balls licked and a finger in his ass while he jerks off. All his girls know this.”
Yeah, I'm guessing this is bullshit.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
I dont think the his comments are racist at all. Just like you hear will smith's kids and find them pretentious when they talk pretentious bollocks, he's looking at a bunch of children wearing jewelry, which in itself is pathetic, and saying they're looking like gangsters.
Nothing they did or wore suggested they were thugs.

And people complaining about Mayweather really irritates me. He was great, Pacquiao was the poor one.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

And people complaining about Mayweather really irritates me. He was great, Pacquiao was the poor one.
It's not mutually exclusive. Mayweather is great at defensive boxing. He also makes for a boring fight. No one would complain if he weaved and bobbed in action while knocking the living daylights out of Pacquiao. Holding his work up as some "masterclass" is denigrating to the boxers of yore who had his defensive capabilities along with the ability to brawl, slug and take it to their opponent.

Making it seem as if people who are bored don't get boxing is as stupid as that Serie A fan on here who held up shit-on-stick catenaccio as some intricate game of chess beyond the mental capabilities of the average BPL watcher.

Kazi

Rather see Danny Garcia face Floyd than Amir Khan.
Really? I think Danny loses every round. He has a pretty record, but if Herrera and Peterson can run him close at JWW, I really don't see how he'd trouble Floyd.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Defensive sportsman/teams usually get criticised. Thats how it is. People tend to not like sportsman/teams making what they're watching fir entertainment, boring.

SammyUnited_83

Boring fight that the history books might remember, but won't be something that is spoken about for years to come.

Sky Box Office must be on the verge of disappearing again, they would be better off launching their own boxing channel to rival box nation. You put something on PPV and people want to be entertained and if they aren't they have every right to feel fecked off, especially if you are already paying the best part of £80 a month.

As an event MayPac was a joke, the undercards were shite, there was hardly anyone in the arena until the fight.

Maybe Hearn's hands were tied, but why didn't he put an event on in the UK? this way SKY would have given the fans more bang for their buck (obviously would have to be separate to the PPV, or they could have charged an additional £5-£8).

For example, probably the best PPV I have even seen was Tyson v Holyfield 1.

The UK Card included - Nas v Molina, Benn v Collins and even names like Herbie Hide and Danny Williams. The American card wasn't as loaded, but still had Botha v Moorer before the main event (which turned out to be a cracking fight and one I will always remember, not like the dross I saw in the early hours of Sunday.)

MayPac felt like WrestleMania but without any of the trimmings.

GBBQ

As an event MayPac was a joke, the undercards were shite, there was hardly anyone in the arena until the fight.
This really pissed me off. Totally undermined the undercard and made what were just filler matches feel even worse.

RedFish

I loved watching) Barca under Guardiola. Thought they were great. I also enjoy watching Mayweather. I thought the way he picked apart Hatton then knocked him the feck out was amazing. He's ridiculously skilled. I just think a fight like this one was disappointing. Should have been a fight for the ages but wasn't. The really great, historic fights bave always been wars and when two legends (belatedly) go toe to toe you want a war. No matter how skilled he was at slipping punches and controlling range a defensive masterclass will never get you on the edge of your seat. Which is, at the end of the day, what we want from every sport we watch. What I want, anyway.
At the end of the day, you put any fighter in the ring with him and he will render them impotent and more often than not make them look (to different levels) inferior. To be criticised for not engaging in a 'war' yet winning the fight is nitpicking at the extreme. He is more a martial artist than any of his opponents who are just not in his league. He is not 'only' a defensive master but a 'boxing' master - one of the greatest of them all and in boxing history, when all the dust settles, will be remembered as such. I had big hopes for Manny when he entered the ring on Sunday am, but I watched him being outclassed round after round. Although disappointed, I was not devastated - when someone is that good, you just have to say 'fair enough - the better man won'. He was schooled by the best there is. There can be no doubt about that.

Kazi

When will the final purse figures be known? Are they ever officially confirmed?
Don't think so. Floyd had a $100,000,000 cheque with him on Saturday though. I assume that was his guarantee, and now he'll take a share of the PPV revenue too.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Don't think so. Floyd had a $100,000,000 cheque with him on Saturday though. I assume that was his guarantee, and now he'll take a share of the PPV revenue too.
Yea, I'm just bizarrely curious as to what he'll actually take once all the counting is done.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Really? I think Danny loses every round. He has a pretty record, but if Herrera and Peterson can run him close at JWW, I really don't see how he'd trouble Floyd.
Agreed. Danny Garcia is literally tailor made for Floyd and I can't see him winning more than one or two rounds.

cyberman

Bit random but Ive just seen the video of Mayweather senior getting sucker punched in a sparring session.
The same "fighter" who was the troll that Wilder knocked the shit out of in that viral video a while back..sucker punched him in a gym full of his family and top fighters. Have to admire the balls of him.
Maybe he should face Floyd!

Classical Mechanic

Bit random but Ive just seen the video of Mayweather senior getting sucker punched in a sparring session.
The same "fighter" who was the troll that Wilder knocked the shit out of in that viral video a while back..sucker punched him in a gym full of his family and top fighters. Have to admire the balls of him.
Maybe he should face Floyd!
That guy is mentally ill I think. It is quite sad really. It was Floyd Snr too.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Talk of a rematch. I guess Floyd wants to milk another massive pay day by buying into the Pacquiao was injured hype.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would certainly make sense financially. Even after this dire fight there'll still be plenty of people willing to pay good money to watch a rematch. All they have to do is play up how much Manny's injury hampered him the first time around and the hype will build again.

Let nobody be fooled though, a rematch will be a one sided mehfest too. Tbh even with the money involved Manny would be very lucky to get a second shot at Floyd.

RedFish

Would certainly make sense financially. Even after this dire fight there'll still be plenty of people willing to pay good money to watch a rematch. All they have to do is play up how much Manny's injury hampered him the first time around and the hype will build again.

Let nobody be fooled though, a rematch will be a one sided mehfest too. Tbh even with the money involved Manny would be very lucky to get a second shot at Floyd.
Agreed. Manny woud be very lucky indeed. The killer blow vs Manny winning a potential rematch for me is that he can't fight his natural aggressive game as Floyd could quite easily knock him out on the way in. To beat him I feel you have to unbalance him before unleashing - and how many times have we seen that? He's 'too' orthodox in his movement around the ring - Floyd sees him coming as if Manny's moving in slow motion. Khan would have more success i feel with his hand speed and agility and potential to engage Mayweather in a boxing match, forcing him to do something he doesn't want to - chase an opponent down. A modern day Naseem Hamed would be an interesting match up but there is no one left for Floyd to fight in this weight class at least.

Revan

Assumptionman
Agreed. Manny woud be very lucky indeed. The killer blow vs Manny winning a potential rematch for me is that he can't fight his natural aggressive game as Floyd could quite easily knock him out on the way in. To beat him I feel you have to unbalance him before unleashing - and how many times have we seen that? He's 'too' orthodox in his movement around the ring - Floyd sees him coming as if Manny's moving in slow motion. Khan would have more success i feel with his hand speed and agility and potential to engage Mayweather in a boxing match, forcing him to do something he doesn't want to - chase an opponent down. A modern day Naseem Hamed would be an interesting match up but there is no one left for Floyd to fight in this weight class at least.
That would have been fun to watch.

Oggmonster

Funnily enough Prince Naseem apparently ducked Mayweather, quite ironic with all the accusations of Mayweather ducking fighters for years.

Zen

It's gonna double the previous best PPV in buys and revenues at the absolute WORST by the sounds of it. If not smash 5 million.

That's without it being at worst, again, the second best PPV in UK history, possibly the best at a push. And then forget the rest of the world.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I wish this fight hadn't happened already. It was so disappointing. Can't we just rewind time and make it happen again but in a much better fashion. Like how it was "supposed" to be.

Classical Mechanic

Funnily enough Prince Naseem apparently ducked Mayweather, quite ironic with all the accusations of Mayweather ducking fighters for years.
Eh?

Mayweather started his career at super featherweight, one division higher than the highest weight Nas ever boxed at! Nas was accused of ducking Marquez and Morales.

Oggmonster

Eh?

Mayweather started his career at super featherweight, one division higher than the highest weight Nas ever boxed at! Nas was accused of ducking Marquez and Morales.
After Mayweather fought Corralles he wanted to fight Naseem at a catch weight apparently, obviously never happened though. It may not of been much of a negotiation or anything but it was mentioned on Ringside a few years ago from what I remember.

Kazi

I find it more interesting that Floyd would call out Naz but never Morales or Barrera. Apparently Morales whooped him in sparring when they were younger.

Classical Mechanic

After Mayweather fought Corralles he wanted to fight Naseem at a catch weight apparently, obviously never happened though. It may not of been much of a negotiation or anything but it was mentioned on Ringside a few years ago from what I remember.
It wouldn't surprise me actually. Mayweather's physical and stylistic advantages because of that are especially pronounced over Nas. Nas was a big name and would have ostensibly looked a big scalp. It would have been an easy win for Mayweather IMO. I can't really see how Nas could have successfully closed the range and then be effective offensively against Mayweather.

Exactly the kind of match you would expect Mayweather to pursue. Any matchmaker worth his salt would like that fight for Mayweather in truth.

Oggmonster

I find it more interesting that Floyd would call out Naz but never Morales or Barrera. Apparently Morales whooped him in sparring when they were younger.
In fairness to Mayweather at the time Nas was regarding as a better fighter than them, he was pretty much calling out the Number 1 in that division, the Barerra fight happened a few months after Mayweather vs. Corralles so it would of looked a bit odd if Mayweather was challenging a smaller fighter than him and the smaller fighter wasn't even classed as the best in their division.

It wouldn't surprise me actually. Mayweather's physical and stylistic advantages because of that are especially pronounced over Nas. Nas was a big name and would have ostensibly looked a big scalp. It would have been an easy win for Mayweather IMO. I can't really see how Nas could have successfully closed the range and then be effective offensively against Mayweather.

Exactly the kind of match you would expect Mayweather to pursue. Any matchmaker worth his salt would like that fight for Mayweather in truth.
Yeah I agree, Mayweather has always preferred fighting people that suit him....arguably the same could of been said for Nas though up until the Barerra fight.