Messi in Miami

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
RedRonaldo logic: Messi didn't play in HK therefore dislikes/hates/disrespects Chinese
RedRonaldo response when shown Ronaldo did the same in South Korea: why are you bringing Ronaldo here?

RedRonaldo lie: e has been very uncooperative and near zero interaction with the fans throughout this stay in Hong Kong
RedRonaldo response when his lie was exposed: no response

Is it possible to have a thread-ban for RedRonaldo here?

I was threadbanned in Ronaldo thread for putting emojis next to Ronaldo's NT stats vs Mbappe etc. Creating chaos here with lies on such sensitive issues like one's race/nation should have consequences, it shouldn't be that easy to defame people like that..
I think maybe you shouldn't take it as personal. Its simply just whats happening right now over there.

Just take some minutes visiting Messi Instagram page. All your questions will be answered over there.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The large majority of comments are from hong kong officials in Chinese media. Im sure you managed to notice Hong Kong is back to belonging to China and don't have free media anymore. Im sure fans are pissed to not seeing him play regardless.
Sure, well they don't have free media in political sense, but outside of it they still have free media over there. Its not like its is North Korea level of restriction or anything close to it.

Anyway I am not going anti-Messi or anything like, its just a big mess over there right now and I think some of you might be interested. If you need any particular information regarding the situation over there, I may show you that. But my suspicion is that the whole will die down gradually and many people will forget about that anyway. There are huge population of Messi fans over there, but just a case of many of them getting disappointed or mad right now.

heraklion

I think maybe you shouldn't take it as personal. Its simply just whats happening right now over there.

Just take some minutes visiting Messi Instagram page. All your questions will be answered over there.
You still didn't apologize for the lies you're spreading and explain what your agenda behind that is.
You still couldn't explain how you came to the conclusion that Messi dislikes Chinese. All you're showing is why Chinese, HK people began to dislike Messi, Beckham, Inter Miami etc. which everybody is aware of, not the other way round. I would be pissed off as well if Messi, Lebron, Nadal or any other top sports person didn't show up in a game for which I paid $1,000.

You're already called out by multiple people in this thread, I would feel embarrassed and not come to this thread for a long time.

Last edited:

Cal?

CR7 fan
I haven't read through all the comments about the episode, but as someone who lives in Hong Kong and one of those who prefers the other guy on this forum, I just want to say I have no problem at all with what Messi did in his few days in Hong Kong.

In fact, I've a new found respect for him for clearly ignoring the numerous government officials who want to politicize his visit.

This was when he purposely ignored the chief executive of Hong Kong and wandered off. :cool:

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
The Chinese official hasn't spoke a word about this yet, I should have rephrased properly, I mean the Chinese populations and the Hong Kong officials who have been very outspoken on this over last couple of days
This guy is literally the CCP’s mouthpiece, if you have been following APAC politics with regards to China - US/Aus/India/Japan/TW relationships, South China Sea situation, Russia/Ukraine war etc. He is very good at drumming up national sentiments.

Anyway its badly managed by all sides, Inter Miami and Messi included, but imo the majority of the blame should be on the local organizer as they basically missold his “guaranteed” appearance with their marketing.

Last edited:

pastyfool

This guy is literally the CCP’s mouthpiece, if you have been following APAC politics with regards to China/US relationship, South China Sea situation, Russia/Ukraine war etc.

He came on during the second half in Tokyo. Miami weren't great and the game was very much played at a pre-season pace. Most of the time Messi jogged and the odd time would break into a very short sprint. It was hardly a test of his fitness. He still was in a different class to everyone else. Makes football look easy.

The last time Barca came to Japan (when Messi was playing for them) was when Iniesta first came to Vissel. They had a friendly. As you can imagine all of the marketing was about Iniesta and Messi. I went to the game (cheapest ticket was £70). Messi didn’t play. Messi didn’t even come to Japan. The idea that I would go onto X and demand that Messi give a reason and apologies to the people of Japan and even try and turn it into some kind of conspiracy theory is a joke. The self-entitlement of some people.

He didn’t play because he couldn’t. Get over it.

JogaBonitoRooney

And what does Messi's Instagram page tell you? His latest picture/s has likes in the several millions. For latest top comments there are several ranging from angry Hong Kong / Chinese people to obsessed Ronaldo fans coping as they have been since 18 December 2022.

However these comments only have a few thousand likes at most. They are well in the minority. On the grand scale no one cares about this. There's be some salty HK fans who paid lots of money who will be bothered for awhile but people will forget.

Yes if people pay lots of money to see Messi but don't get to see Messi properly, they are going to be mad regardless.

RedDevilQuebecois

He came on during the second half in Tokyo. Miami weren't great and the game was very much played at a pre-season pace. Most of the time Messi jogged and the odd time would break into a very short sprint. It was hardly a test of his fitness. He still was in a different class to everyone else. Makes football look easy.
I watched parts of that Vissel/Miami match on live YouTube streaming earlier today. I have to say that Vissel (also in pre-season mode) were more attacking-oriented than Miami, even after Messi came on. A shame that we needed penalties to see balls going into the net.

My personal beef with that match is that they played it in the National Stadium in Tokyo and thus far from Vissel's own fanbase. The attendance was only of 28,614 when they could easily have filled the stadium in Kobe (capacity of 30,102) instead.

Last edited:

pastyfool

I watched parts of that Vissel/Miami match on live YouTube streaming earlier today. I have to say that Vissel (also in pre-season mode) were more attacking-oriented than Miami, even after Messi came on. A shame that we needed penalties to see balls going into the net.

My personal beef with that match is that they played it in the National Stadium in Tokyo and thus far from Vissel's own fanbase. The attendance was only of 28,614 when they could easily have filled the stadium in Kobe (capacity of 30,102) instead.
If you didn't see the first half, Vissel hit the woodwork twice and had a great chance that was put over the bar from only a few yards out.

I'm actually a Vissel season ticket holder. Vissel fans weren't happy with the game being played in Tokyo so the vast majority didn’t go. None of the ultras went because they had banned drums, singing, chanting etc… that’s why there was no atmosphere in the stadium. Also the cost of the tickets were stupidly expensive. They could have sold a lot more if they had lowered the prices.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
You still didn't apologize for the lies you're spreading and explain what your agenda behind that is.
You still couldn't explain how you came to the conclusion that Messi dislikes Chinese. All you're showing is why Chinese, HK people began to dislike Messi, Beckham, Inter Miami etc. which everybody is aware of, not the other way round. I would be pissed off as well if Messi, Lebron, Nadal or any other top sports person didn't show up in a game for which I paid $1,000.

You're already called out by multiple people in this thread, I would feel embarrassed and not come to this thread for a long time.
Here you go, all your questions are being answered in the comments sections:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
And what does Messi's Instagram page tell you? His latest picture/s has likes in the several millions. For latest top comments there are several ranging from angry Hong Kong / Chinese people to obsessed Ronaldo fans coping as they have been since 18 December 2022.

However these comments only have a few thousand likes at most. They are well in the minority. On the grand scale no one cares about this. There's be some salty HK fans who paid lots of money who will be bothered for awhile but people will forget.

Yes if people pay lots of money to see Messi but don't get to see Messi properly, they are going to be mad regardless.
You need to understand majority of Chinese population doesn’t even have the access right to instagram as it has been blocked out by their government. Most of them have to assess through VPN which is not really allowed in their country. However his post was still flooded with all these hatred comments from some of these people. And back in China their social media platform are even far worse, those hatred comments are spread everywhere, in a magnitude which hasn’t been happened before to any other footballer.

JogaBonitoRooney

You need to understand majority of Chinese population doesn’t even have the access right to instagram as it has been blocked out by their government. Most of them have to assess through VPN which is not really allowed in their country. However his post was still flooded with all these hatred comments from some of these people. And back in China their social media platform are even far worse, those hatred comments are spread everywhere, in a magnitude which hasn’t been happened before to any other footballer.
:houllier: :lol: you're not giving this up? There aren't even that many likes to the comments upset at Messi about this. 20,000 is the most likes a comment hating on Messi about what happened in Hong Kong.

A lot of the likes on such comments would be coming from Ronaldo fans joining in because they are in a permanent state of saltiness. Instagram or Facebook aren't blocked in Hong Kong, I've been there. So many of the likes would be coming from a combination of Hong Kong residents, Chinese using VPN, Chinese diaspora around the world which there is many and of course the salty Ronaldo fans. The amount of hate he's getting on Instagram is really not much considering all that, no one cares.

"magnitude not seen before for a footballer"... Check out the hate Australian Olympian swimmer Mack Horton got on social media from the Chinese when he called out his Chinese competitors previous drug cheat conviction. That was BIG. This is nothing.

Also why would mainland Chinese care what happens in Hong Kong? The type of people in the mainland are different to Hong Kong people. Show me any sort of evidence of the mainland hate. So far the Instagram evidence has proved that it's nothing but a whiney minority.. Absolute nonsense, you look silly.

Edit - I googled and found out in China some of them are angry going by a Weibo post. About 50,000 comments. Wow what an outrage. In a country of 1.5 billion that's nothing. Also I'm not sure a lot of the comments are all negative comments about Messi but they are picking out the angry fans and reporting. Also I'm sure there's lots of Ronald of fans commenting to get their dig in. As I've said on the scale, this is a non story.

Last edited:

heraklion

Here you go, all your questions are being answered in the comments sections:
Why are you changing the subject all the time and avoiding answering a simple question?

You said "It’s not only a case of not playing. He has been very uncooperative and near zero interaction with the fans throughout this stay in Hong Kong" which is a blatant lie. Not only that you called Messi a hater of people from that nation with zero evidence, embarrassing really.

Are you gonna apologize? or continue acting as if no one noticed what you're doing to save face.

A simple statement like below would be enough:

"I'm sorry, I was wrong, I didn't know (or pretend not to know) Messi actually spent time and interacted with the fans even played with local children pre-game. I just thought I found the perfect opportunity as a bitter, sad PR7 fan to defame Messi and call him a hater of a certain demographic. I admit I acted purely on emotions rather than logic. Next time, I would be more careful to avoid being exposed"

heraklion

I made a quick check of 30-40 profiles in the comments section of Messi's last post on instagram, 90% bots with either 0 followers or 0 content, especially those users speaking in Chinese, too funny:lol: At least 1/4 are about PR7 pics or something about him. go, do the same, embarrassing stuff..

Who might have sent all these bots? The HK fans or government? Some seem to protest while others applaud him for ignoring the HK chief.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina

The last time Barca came to Japan (when Messi was playing for them) was when Iniesta first came to Vissel. They had a friendly. As you can imagine all of the marketing was about Iniesta and Messi. I went to the game (cheapest ticket was £70). Messi didn’t play. Messi didn’t even come to Japan. The idea that I would go onto X and demand that Messi give a reason and apologies to the people of Japan and even try and turn it into some kind of conspiracy theory is a joke. The self-entitlement of some people.

He didn’t play because he couldn’t. Get over it.

I am not even saying messi is at fault for not appearing, but I think we can all agree that he could have handled it better (for example informing the organisers that he couldn’t play although the proper channel is the club).

It feels weird for someone to tell me to get over it because I am someone the CR7 stans calls a Messistan, and there is nothing to get over about. I am also happy that he did not shake that John Lee’s hands, but you should also chill. Not every comment is attacking messi

Last edited:

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
I made a quick check of 30-40 profiles in the comments section of Messi's last post on instagram, 90% bots with either 0 followers or 0 content, especially those users speaking in Chinese, too funny:lol: At least 1/4 are about PR7 pics or something about him. go, do the same, embarrassing stuff..

Who might have sent all these bots? The HK fans or government? Some seem to protest while others applaud him for ignoring the HK chief.
Government I believe or at least government driven, follow enough Chinese politics and you would know they probably even outdo the Russians for online bots and trolls. Country is in an economical mess now (despite what they say about that 5.2% growth which is not looking at the context of it being a covid recovery year) and so it is best to find any number of boogeymen outside the country to direct attention to.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
:houllier: :lol: you're not giving this up? There aren't even that many likes to the comments upset at Messi about this. 20,000 is the most likes a comment hating on Messi about what happened in Hong Kong.

A lot of the likes on such comments would be coming from Ronaldo fans joining in because they are in a permanent state of saltiness. Instagram or Facebook aren't blocked in Hong Kong, I've been there. So many of the likes would be coming from a combination of Hong Kong residents, Chinese using VPN, Chinese diaspora around the world which there is many and of course the salty Ronaldo fans. The amount of hate he's getting on Instagram is really not much considering all that, no one cares.

"magnitude not seen before for a footballer"... Check out the hate Australian Olympian swimmer Mack Horton got on social media from the Chinese when he called out his Chinese competitors previous drug cheat conviction. That was BIG. This is nothing.

Also why would mainland Chinese care what happens in Hong Kong? The type of people in the mainland are different to Hong Kong people. Show me any sort of evidence of the mainland hate. So far the Instagram evidence has proved that it's nothing but a whiney minority.. Absolute nonsense, you look silly.

Edit - I googled and found out in China some of them are angry going by a Weibo post. About 50,000 comments. Wow what an outrage. In a country of 1.5 billion that's nothing. Also I'm not sure a lot of the comments are all negative comments about Messi but they are picking out the angry fans and reporting. Also I'm sure there's lots of Ronald of fans commenting to get their dig in. As I've said on the scale, this is a non story.
Do you realize there were plenty of Weibo posts regarding Messi over there? I’d say nearly 50% of the top 10 most discussed topic in Weibo right now is about Messi.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Why are you changing the subject all the time and avoiding answering a simple question?

You said "It’s not only a case of not playing. He has been very uncooperative and near zero interaction with the fans throughout this stay in Hong Kong" which is a blatant lie. Not only that you called Messi a hater of people from that nation with zero evidence, embarrassing really.

Are you gonna apologize? or continue acting as if no one noticed what you're doing to save face.

A simple statement like below would be enough:

"I'm sorry, I was wrong, I didn't know (or pretend not to know) Messi actually spent time and interacted with the fans even played with local children pre-game. I just thought I found the perfect opportunity as a bitter, sad PR7 fan to defame Messi and call him a hater of a certain demographic. I admit I acted purely on emotions rather than logic. Next time, I would be more careful to avoid being exposed"
Those are the general sentiments of those who have paid pricey ticket to watch Messi no show. I am just stating what they’ve said. It’s all posted there.

heraklion

I am not even saying messi is at fault for not appearing, but I think we can all agree that he could have handled it better (for example informing the organisers that he couldn’t play although the proper channel is the club).

It feels weird for someone to tell me to get over it because I am someone the CR7 stans calls a Messistan, and there is nothing to get over about. I am also happy that he did not shake that CCP’s John Lee’s hands, but you should also chill. Not every comment is attacking messi
He could definitely do better. His only but critical mistake was not to greet the fans during the game and maybe make a short speech after the game, it would have solved 99% of the issues. The pre-game training, interaction part with the fans etc. was great.

I feel Messi is sick & tired of this stupidly long tour and non-stop flights, he actually already said that. It was a poor decision filled with greed to arrange this tour to milk Messi's name for money as much as possible.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
He could definitely do better. His only but critical mistake was not to greet the fans during the game and maybe make a short speech after the game, it would have solved 99% of the issues. The pre-game training, interaction part with the fans etc. was great.

I feel Messi is sick & tired of this stupidly long tour and non-stop flights, he actually already said that. It was a poor decision filled with greed to arrange this tour to milk Messi's name for money as much as possible.
Yeah, and now authorities are asking for details of the deal between Tatler (the organiser) and Inter Miami. I feel that this whole thing is just greed from both parties and gross over-promising from Tatler. I mean, just refund the tickets?

Cal?

CR7 fan

As one of the biggest Ronaldo fan on the forum, I just want to reiterate this has little to do with Ronaldo fans, it's mostly to do with salty Chinese people perceiving it as Messi not caring about China (Hong Kong).

They've been brainwashed into thinking everyone should be in awe of the huge market that is China.

In fact, personally I quite like Messi for how he handled the government officials in Hong Kong - ignore them!! :lol:

pastyfool

It feels weird for someone to tell me to get over it because I am someone the CR7 stans calls a Messistan, and there is nothing to get over about. I am also happy that he did not shake that John Lee’s hands, but you should also chill. Not every comment is attacking messi
I wasn't referring to you directly when I said 'get over it' so please don't take it as a personal attack. I was commenting on the X post (unless that was you?).

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
I wasn't referring to you directly when I said 'get over it' so please don't take it as a personal attack. I was commenting on the X post (unless that was you?).
I see, understood. Not sure which is the X post (ok its the one from Hu, who is the CCP’s miuthpiece).Its just to show that the government is involved, thats all. Cheers

Last edited:

Fridge chutney

The fact that both sides of this stupidly partisan argument are literally making me internally beg for two of the greatest players ever to retire as soon as possible is crazy.

Some of you should just switch off.
:lol:

It has made me like both players less.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
The fact that both sides of this stupidly partisan argument are literally making me internally beg for two of the greatest players ever to retire as soon as possible is crazy.

Some of you should just switch off.
Its not going to stop when they retire. Not in the social media age. Its going to be "look how fat Messi is eating all that pizza and drinking Pepsi. Goatnaldo drinks water and spends half the day in the gym and the other half showing off his 6 pack".

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's a dick move by Messi and Inter Miami. Anyone that spin it otherwise has a severe bias issue, and should use common sense.

He knew why these people pay upward to $600 to watch Inter fecking Miami. Didn't even bother to address or let them know prior that he wouldn't play.

Yeah it's a pretty dick move.

Swordsman

It's a dick move by Messi and Inter Miami. Anyone that spin it otherwise has a severe bias issue, and should use common sense.

He knew why these people pay upward to $600 to watch Inter fecking Miami. Didn't even bother to address or let them know prior that he wouldn't play.

Yeah it's a pretty dick move.
I wouldn't even pay $6 to watch inter miami if I know messi is not playing at all. :D:lol:

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
he is the definition of effortless...

Eddy_JukeZ

They played pretty well in the 1st half. Awful 2nd half.

Maybe the effects of that pre-season in Asia? Suarez looked very leggy despite his assist. And Busquets misplaced more passes that game than I've ever seen him.

Redlyn

Really enjoyed the fairly tale start after he joined them. I suddenly became an Inter fan somehow. Pure magic match after match and won them a cup almost single handedly. He got injured and the team completely tanked.
Now he has the whole season to lift the them hope they make it this time.

I was just wondering why they played RSL who are in western conference? Anyone know how that works.

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
He played really well, looked fresh, but the team still is annoyingly stupid. I've lost the count of how many times the defense lost the ball in a silly and dangerous way, Busi was on a very bad day, he misplaced passes time and again. Lucho looked a bit heavy, but he had his quality moments and vision.
They have to improve a lot even with Messi on this very good level, BTW he is kind of jinxed right now regarding goals, even in pre season, he could have scored some fantastic ones, he needs to get in one to open the gates, because thso team needs that, they also miss to many chances, or at least Lucho while Messi provides.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Ive honestly done that several times in the sunday league. It was the sunday league though.

I can rember a video of George Best using injured players to bounce the ball back from. I love cheeky players.

Don_Johan14

Supports
F.C.Barcelona
CR7 would have collided with the player on the ground, he would have called for a penalty even if it was outside the area and protested angrily.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
CR7 would have collided with the player on the ground, he would have called for a penalty even if it was outside the area and protested angrily.
He would've thumped it into the top corner threw off his shirt then siuuuuid the guy on the floor at the top of his lungs

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Ive honestly done that several times in the sunday league. It was the sunday league though.

I can rember a video of George Best using injured players to bounce the ball back from. I love cheeky players.
It's just the way he does it too...as another example one of the best plays to encapsulate Messi's non chalant and effortless talent is that Victoria Pizen almost goal:

Some plays paint a player

PD:
It's like this Diego goal against River that encapsulates his audacity and unpredictability:

Last edited: