Michael Carrick | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak Smith

Dreadful, the gulf in quality between his performances last season and this season is staggering.

Name Changed

weso26
I'd be happy enough if we got rid of everyone of our centre midfielders and just brought in completely new ones.

Sam

He's past his best. Last year was like a final swansong for him. We need a whole new midfield.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I see, he's back to scapegoat status deservedly the way he's playing. We need 2 central midfielders next summer, 3 if we're playing 4-3-3.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
The sooner we move away from a Carrick - whoever else midfield the better. It severely limits us on the pitch. Same goes for Fletcher. Not good enough anymore.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
The vision is still there but him and Fletcher are way too slow.
Yep, and as soon as the pass doesn't look possible to them, they take forever and pass back the way or to the full back. By that point Sunderland have everyone behind the ball. It's depressing.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Carrick started off alright and was getting into more forward positions than he has all season but then he realised he's not very good at football anymore. Once the crowd got on his back after a bad pass or two he lost whatever confidence he had which wasn't much because he lacks balls

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Not suited to a quick passing game at all. The single best thing the new manager can do is make sure Carrick isn't first choice next year.
Unless (big ask) we play him deep in a 4-3-3.
If he remains first choice in a 4-2-3-1, the chances of us playing any quick one-touch stuff are zero.

He can pass, when the game is played at his pace. But put any opposition player near him, and due to having no ability to beat anyone, he'd rather pass backwards or to a marked player.

Last edited:

stepic

His form this season compared to last is amazing. Can't see he'll get it back either. Should not be starting next season.

Shark

@NotShark
It's time to finally bring in a CM that's going to come in and outperform him by a mile. Cleverly, Ando, Jones and fletcher are not good competition.

buckooo1978

garbage today and lacks the confidence to be a starter for United

he's had a shite season after being excellent last year

I'd like to think he'll be warming the bench next year with genuine talent in his place

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We are going to get such an upturn when we sign a couple of midfielders instead of watching Carrick in his slippers and Fletcher with concrete boots and that empty toilet roll Cleverley.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
He was gutless today,did not want or even consider passing the ball forward.

He has lost pace and mobility and is not good enough anymore.

Baxter

Shouldn't be near the team. He's ageing and his form has been atrocious this year. Can't believe he got a new deal.

El-Manos

How on Earth have we not promoted some of the U21 midfielders yet? I mean our midfield is so bad that they couldn't possibly do worse, surely?

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Past it. Lacks the balls to lead us and only does well when we as a team are doing well. We need to bring in 2 top cms asap and he can be back-up.

footballgirl07

Worse games of his career here today. His passing is gone and just too slow in the middle of the park.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
If I have the time I'll copy and paste into each player thread:

Generally poor this season, poor today. Collective unit isn't there at all and they're clearly all on holiday.

Ekeke

Got forward and put some nice crosses in during the early part of the game. Everything else we have come to expect from Carrick was well below par. From tracking runners on the Sunderland goal to passing the ball neatly and accurately. This is why we probably need 2 central midfielders, not just 1 next to Carrick. Xavi would still find it tough next to him

Status
Not open for further replies.