5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDwyr

Yeah I thought he was decent, one of our best. His passing seemed back to a good level, it's just his mobility that is permanently gone.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Feel much better about him still having a future with us after tonight. Think he has a role to play in certain games. Would be nice to see him in the pivot with 2 of Herrera/Bast/Schneiderlin in front of him.

Sylar

His vision and brain is there. You could see it with some of his passes. The problem is his legs are gone. I also had a feeling he didnt trust our defenders (rightfully so). He kept dropping back to get the ball (sometimes the deepest man).

I have no problem him doing that, but it would work if we had defenders around him who could move or control the ball or wingbacks who could stretch the play for Carrick to pick out.

Norris

I thought he did really really well. This season hasn't been the best for him so far, but I think he was brilliant and he was excellent at being captain too (I remember him barking orders for a couple of set plays). He clearly tired towards the end just like everyone else (Gave the ball away cheaply to Origi iirc), but I really hope we don't feck around and let him go on a free. He deserves a contract extension and then slowly can be integrated into the coaching side of the game as well.

Devil may care

We can't be carrying him and Schweinsteiger next year, no more extending old players careers, the legs are gone and we need to move on with a squad of players all capable of putting in the yards and playing 90 twice a week.

Man City 0:1 Man Utd

askabob

Phenomenal game from our captain today. Completely bossed the middle of the pitch in the first half and was vital in defense in the second half.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Yeah I thought he was good. Putting himself about all over the pitch and always showed composure on the ball.

Man-United

He was fantastic. Manage him well and pick his games and he could play for more years.

Manny

Grammar Police
Brilliant today.

Took control of that midfield and made sure we kept our nerve.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Good game but needs to call it a day after this season
No he doesn't

Under fergie we always had experienced players

He will be very valuable as a squad player next season. To bring on for last few mins and start the odd game here and there

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Thought he was poor, got caught on the ball in the first half and on two occasions just stood off Yaya, once giving him all the time in the world to shoot on the edge of the box and the other allowing him to cross for Aguero's header, he didn't even bother sticking a leg out.

dichinero

No he doesn't

Under fergie we always had experienced players

He will be very valuable as a squad player next season. To bring on for last few mins and start the odd game here and there
In the context of the whole season, his legs are gone. We can't expect him to be much better than this next year. When it's time it's time, sadly!

izec

I thought he played really well after conceding that terrible corner where he controlled the ball with his chest. More of it please

m1y2

one of his better games today, can agree with you lot here but would it look different game if Lingard and Schneiderlin didn't play midfield which helped him immensely but it kinda drained us in attack..

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Been harsh on him this season but he had a good game today. Seems to against Yaya anyway.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Apart from his distribution (the highlights were the balls to Rashford down the channels) he made a few decent last-ditch challenges too. Of course positionally he remains great.
Wish we could get a replacement of his quality. Neither of the Sch guys are close in the DM+playmaker role.

Devil may care

I liked how much organizing he was doing with the young players, unusual for him as he's never been a vocal player. He also used the ball well but when we don't have the ball he's a passenger. I think he's been an excellent player for us but I still think he has to go in the summer, we need someone that can play his role on the ball but also run when we don't have it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I liked how much organizing he was doing with the young players, unusual for him as he's never been a vocal player. He also used the ball well but when we don't have the ball he's a passenger. I think he's been an excellent player for us but I still think he has to go in the summer, we need someone that can play his role on the ball but also run when we don't have it.
I don't think that's a fair criticism of him today... he really put in a shift and did some very good defensive work.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Captain's performance today, loved how he was taking Martial and Rashford aside during the game and pointing out what runs they needed to make from time to time. I'd like to see him hold onto the armband even when Rooney returns.

Devil may care

I don't think that's a fair criticism of him today... he really put in a shift and did some very good defensive work.
There were several times where Aguero had loads of room to run off when he dropped deeper as Carrick couldn't move, most time Blind had to come rushing out co cover.

Great performance again. We should give him another year, as a thank you at least.
This is the kind of sentimentality that has gotten us in this mess IMO, his thank you is the millions he's made and the trophies he has won.

Devil may care

Get rid of Fellani bring in a new world class CM keep Carrick on the bench for special occasions. I see no problem at all.
That bench place should be taken up by a player that can come in and play 90 minutes for 5 games on the bounce and not miss a beat if needed, not a 35 year old who can barely run and is there to play 30 minutes and hope we don't have to use him regularly due to injury.

Classical Mechanic

That bench place should be taken up by a player that can come in and play 90 minutes for 5 games on the bounce and not miss a beat if needed, not a 35 year old who can barely run and is there to play 30 minutes and hope we don't have to use him regularly due to injury.
Don't worry we will have Schweinsteiger too :drool:. Two old crumblies = one great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.