5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

Honestly, for all his ability I think being spineless is always an accusation you could lay against him.
Robben vs United, 2010. I've held it against him ever since I must be honest. Some watch that goal and admire Robben's technique. I watch it and shake my head at Carrick falling on his arse in front of him (instead of standing tall and blocking the shot).

In the present day he's done it this season plenty of times. Against Wolfsburg he was responsible for their third I remember, being ragdolled in the box.

Raw

He has just been dreadful this season. To think last year he was one of the biggest reasons why we got top 4.

acnumber9

Robben vs United, 2010. I've held it against him ever since I must be honest. Some watch that goal and admire Robben's technique. I watch it and shake my head at Carrick falling on his arse in front of him (instead of standing tall and blocking the shot).

In the present day he's done it this season plenty of times. Against Wolfsburg he was responsible for their third I remember, being ragdolled in the box.
Yeah it's always better and perfectly rational to hold a few goals against a player who's given years of good service.

Minimalist

Yeah it's always better and perfectly rational to hold a few goals against a player who's given years of good service.
What the hell are you on about?

I can appreciate Carrick's good points without forgetting his negatives too. I just don't rate the guy like a lot of United supporters do.

As I've always thought - underrated by the opposition but stupidly overrated by our own.

paulscholes18

I just don't know what he was trying to do, yes everyone makes mistakes but 99% of the time you can see what they meant to do, but that I don't have a scooby doo

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Someone was going to get caught out overplaying it from the back (we'd threatened to do it a number of times) and he was the man it fell upon.

I said this in the matchday thread... blame is certainly on him for fecking it up... but LVG wanted us to play it out from the back, so hey, guess what happens...

acnumber9

What the hell are you on about?

I can appreciate Carrick's good points without forgetting his negatives too. I just don't rate the guy like a lot of United supporters do.

As I've always thought - underrated by the opposition but stupidly overrated by our own.
I'm talking about you holding a mistake against a player for 6 years. That should be fairly obvious.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
We probably should get rid. The only problem is that based on this season at least 10 other players should be let go before him.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Wtf was he doing.

Devil may care

He had a 5 minute spell when he came on where he hit a couple of nice, progressive passes, then it turned to shit again.

Eddy_JukeZ

He was great last season in fairness, it's just that he was injured for half the season.
He was great in that run we had.

Besides that, thought he was a bit meh. Was poor in the Moyes season too.

I am one of his biggest fans too. Need to move on from him.

The White Pele

Awful mistake tonight which probably costs us the tie.

I will still enjoy watching him for as long as he is with us.

Acole9

Outstanding
I've been a big fan of his over the years but we need to let him go in the summer. He's been poor this season, keeps coming out for interviews and coating other players off but he needs to take a good hard look at himself because he's been just as bad if not worse than most.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not his fault he was put in a three man defence in a big game, but really, he's done. He's off in summer.

Ferguson

Cutting players loose and replacing them with worse players was the mistake after Moyes. Carrick should be kept, but not relied upon. Use him in his proper position and he is perfectly serviceable. LVG has set him up for failure where SAF would have used him wisely like he did Scholes in his declining years.

I think we should be adding to the team, not subtracting from it. United have a massive budget, so having a small squad as LVG has done makes absolutely no sense. Fergie managed to bring through youth and rotate a big squad at the same time.

Esquire

This

Please tell me he didn't give another of those "Ermmm, it's not good enough. Ermmmm we hope ta dooo beta'" interviews after that performance.
At least he's got the guts to do an interview. But I do agree with you whatever comes out of the players' mouths I don't really listen to anymore. It's just droning hypocritical self-serving manure. But what else could we expect.

Carrick has been a good servant of the club, not a great but will be remembered fondly. He needs to go somewhere else however for that last paycheck. It was a mistake giving him the vice captain role. Maybe he has been an influence in the dressing room (all evidence to the contrary) but on the field performance just is not there.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
At least he's got the guts to do an interview. But I do agree with you whatever comes out of the players' mouths I don't really listen to anymore. It's just droning hypocritical self-serving manure. But what else could we expect.

Carrick has been a good servant of the club, not a great but will be remembered fondly. He needs to go somewhere else however for that last paycheck. It was a mistake giving him the vice captain role. Maybe he has been an influence in the dressing room (all evidence to the contrary) but on the field performance just is not there.
I have stopped listening to interviews a while ago. They are just so uninteresting, specially the ones with LVG. I can understand reading transcripts but hearing them speak with these prepared full of clichés sentences is too much for me.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Really showed his lack of experience there, hopefully he'll learn from this in years to come as the veterans in Fosu-Mensah would know to clear it at first instance.

Drifter

American
Blame LVG and his smug tactic by putting him at the back. He can spray the balls around the pitch but i feel we need more than that. Thanks for the service to the club but he as to go in the Summer.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Made the mistake but we improved massively when he came on . Still our best midfielder. By a distance too.

Status
Not open for further replies.