Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd 3:2 Arsenal

NinjaFletch

As poor as Schneiderlin and Rojo were why on earth is one of our centre-backs, and tallest players, marking nobody for their goal? The slightest appetite to challenge for the ball and he gets in-between Welbeck and the goal.

NK86

As poor as Schneiderlin and Rojo were why on earth is one of our centre-backs, and tallest players, marking nobody for their goal? The slightest appetite to challenge for the ball and he gets in-between Welbeck and the goal.
Carrick has been the worst player for us so far. He should be our leader on the pitch. Cannot believe the lack of calmness he shows when he has to take the lead.

ottosec

Our worst player in teh first half, he better get his shit together or we're fecked.

acnumber9

Because that's how the manager had them set up? Carrick is nowhere near being at fault for that goal. Schneiderlin turns his back on the bloody ball.

NinjaFletch

Because that's how the manager had them set up? Carrick is nowhere near being at fault for that goal. Schneiderlin turns his back on the bloody ball.
Initially, yeah, maybe, but no manger sets the team up to stand around like statues and not react. He's within about 3 yards of Welbeck the slightest bit of awareness and he's challenging him in the air rather than watching him score and sticking his hand up hopefully.

Minimalist

He's slow physically and generally slow in anticipating things. You saw it in midfield so he was never going to be any better at centre back.

Hopefully we'll get through this.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Thought he looked really poor. It's to be expected since he's not a centre-back at all, but he just generally looked very immobile, uncomfortable, and confused at times.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Even towards the end he cowered away from a ball that Varela came charging in to deal with.

acnumber9

Initially, yeah, maybe, but no manger sets the team up to stand around like statues and not react. He's within about 3 yards of Welbeck the slightest bit of awareness and he's challenging him in the air rather than watching him score and sticking his hand up hopefully.
I think he could reasonably expect the people actually marking him to do it. There was already two players there. If he'd went to Welbeck and somebody else had scored people would be crying.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
wow some of the comments. I thought he played really well for the entire game. He isnt a CB, considering that alone he did well.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Good performance from the old man.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He did very, very well today.

I feared the worst but he hardly put a foot wrong. Read the game well and intercepted loads. Really got us out of a tight spot today.

acnumber9

wow some of the comments. I thought he played really well for the entire game. He isnt a CB, considering that alone he did well.
People are morons. He'd a perfectly good game. Definitely better in the second half too.

NinjaFletch

I think he could reasonably expect the people actually marking him to do it. There was already two players there. If he'd went to Welbeck and somebody else had scored people would be crying.
I don't think thats reasonable at all. A player like Vidic, for example, would never die wondering in that situation. Expecting a player who's been around for as long as Carrick to be aware to the danger isn't unreasonable, nor is it unreasonable to assume that nominally our leader on the pitch today should take responsibility.

Still, he performed better the second half.

acnumber9

I don't think thats reasonable at all. A player like Vidic, for example, would never die wondering in that situation. Expecting a player who's been around for as long as Carrick to be aware to the danger isn't unreasonable, nor is it unreasonable to assume that nominally our leader on the pitch today should take responsibility.

Still, he performed better the second half.
There were two players already there. To bundle in and make it three would've been idiotic. The responsibility is solely with the player who did a stupid little spin when the ball was in the air.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
What a second half from the old man. Could be the first time in ages that I've seen him take charge and lead.

Devil may care

Looked really flat footed at times but held his position well, we were wise to sit deeper defensively in that half.

thepolice123

Will miss this man when he's gone. Rio-eqsue performance today. 34 years old, slow as feck but holding the fort against Arsenal's speedy attackers just by reading the play.

Golden Nugget

I can't believe people are blaming him for the first goal.

Brilliant display from him - such a great reader of the game - even when he's out of position.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He was great today. Thought himself and Daley would be murdered today but a very canny display from them both.

thejtrain

Had a good game him. Started badly but got better as the game went on.

Surely he should get his testimonial game at the end of this year?

Sylar

Decent game, especially second half. Dont think he should be starting ahead of Morgan and Herrera in CM though. Maybe as an anchor behind them if we play three in the middle, but otherwise, coming on as a sub there.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's become a real liability at set pieces this season. Strange.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I thought he grew well after the red. The one good spell around 35 mins we had he was imperious - distributing, recycling, intercepting.

But agreed - he is fading in general both passing and defensively.

Minimalist

He keeps things ticking over today which is welcome but at least a few times I've noted him struggling defensively. Hopefully doesn't cost us in the second half.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He keeps things ticking over today which is welcome but at least a few times I've noted him struggling defensively. Hopefully doesn't cost us in the second half.
What do you mean ticking over? He's dallied on the ball and played the simple pass, if this was Schneiderlin he would be getting hammered, but because it's Carrick he's kept things ticking over.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Thought he was terrible for about 30 mins. Improved after the red but mostly because he can now afford to be slow as feck on the ball.

Not good enough for us. Probably best if he moves on. I prefer him at the back, too.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
No energy in his play. Was never the most dynamic player and he's now almost 35.

Minimalist

What do you mean ticking over? He's dallied on the ball and played the simple pass, if this was Schneiderlin he would be getting hammered, but because it's Carrick he's kept things ticking over.
Woah, you're preaching to the converted, look at my previous posts on Carrick. :lol:

BlahRules

Playing with 10 men does not suit him, especially at his age. Not his fault at all.

Should have been subbed, not Herrera.

Status
Not open for further replies.