5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

Wow. Use "per 90 minutes" rather than "per game" and it will show you how far Schneiderlin is behind Carrick.
Both options are there for a reason. Stats of course don't tell you everything as I said when I posted that.

Don't think Carrick has been good at all this season and I was simply questioning this idea he's a key player. He really isn't. He needs replaced.

Devil may care

He reminds me of Scholes in his last season chugging along in Yaya's dust in the derby, his passing is still good but I don't think he has the legs to cope with the press these days, it was always a weakness for him but now it's more so.

dichinero

He reminds me of Scholes in his last season chugging along in Yaya's dust in the derby, his passing is still good but I don't think he has the legs to cope with the press these days, it was always a weakness for him but now it's more so.
This. His legs are gone sadly. We need to move on from him, quick!

Devil may care

This. His legs are gone sadly. We need to move on from him, quick!
It's why repalcing him this summer is so crucial, as it's evident what we miss when he's not in the side on the ball, but the drawbacks are there as well and we need a player that has the passing and the ground coverage to play in there. Truth is the team needs 1 new player in each one of the spine positions bar keeper.

Sylar

Hes been our best midfielder this season, but yeah, he was poor today. TBH, hes at a stage where he should be a luxury player not one we rely on.

Acole9

Outstanding
He really struggled to get into the game today, misplacing passes, got skinned a couple of times and shoved off the ball quite frequently too.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He might be our best midfielder when he actually turns up. In fact he is by some distance, but performances like today are just completely unacceptable really, and he's another one where it just happens too often.

You can't even put it down to his age because he's been at it since Moyes took over. He just has these games where he seems to think he's allowed to take 10 seconds longer than everyone else on the pitch to bother reacting to anything. He's 34, not 64. It's not an age thing.

A big part of our problem in recent years is we've gone from relying on players like Giggs, Keano, Scholes, Ronaldo, etc. as our backbone. Players who are made of the right stuff...to the likes of Carrick. A massive pansy who despite his obvious talent wouldn't win a thing if he didn't have other winners in the team to rely on. When it comes down to him, he melts or goes into a shell.

And yeah, Schneiderlin was bad today which didn't help, but that doesn't stop Carrick from playing well under difficult circumstance. The reality is he was just shite aswell.

Why is he getting so much stick? Nearly all of our play in the first half went through him.
Which was a big problem really. Three things; He was taking far too long to play any kind of pass, he was playing the wrong pass half the time, and a lot of the passes were fecking awful. No part of it was anywhere near up to scratch. Mata was the one we should have been playing through but we couldn't get the ball to him in the first place.

Skills

Snitch

That's a dreadful pass. Last player in the team you'd expect that from too.

NinjaFletch

He's been pretty shite all season, the fact we've spent about £80m on midfielders and it still affects us so much when he doesn't play well is laughable.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Carrick + Herrera + Denmark = No.

*Equation correct as of 18/02/2016 18:55 GMT

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
The midfield is truly in an awful state.

Devil may care

He looks like you could hear him creak when he moves, and in truth didn't look like he could be arsed tonight.

Djemba-Djemba

The only thing worse than his shithouse performance was his interview after the match.

I'm fecking sick of watching Utd players mumbling apologies in interviews after the latest disgraceful performance. Carrick seems to have done loads in the last 3 years.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He is 34 and playing in a 2 man midfield when he should be protected by 2 CM's in front of him or not being played at all.
It's simply bad management from LvG.

Perrick Dubois

It is probably the best for all parties concerned. He can be very proud of his career with United, even if opposition fans don't really rate him that highly. It will be interesting if he does leave for Spain or somewhere abroad (Germany/Italy maybe?), I get the sense that it won't be. I'd hazard a guess that he'll go to Newcastle and finish his career (if they want him of course) there if we don't offer him a new deal. He doesn't really strike me as a player destined to be a great coach if I am being honest, but would be happy for him to impart his wisdom to the academy if he fancies his badges.

Man Utd 5:1 Midtjylland

Minimalist

*Cough* Yeah as I was saying...he's done.

Bad passing so far, poor touches and stupid diving in. Might be in the wrong position but he's done.

hobbers

Time to call it a day Michael.

That attempt at a tackle was literally 5 yards off target.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's been bad overall since Fergie retired. 1 good game here and there isn't enough.

Been a great player for us, but he is done for imo.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's really tarnishing his reputation now, needs to retire. He just offers us nothing now, I would prefer to see TFM in there right now.

ZDwyr

Sad but it does look like this is it for him. Great servant though.

NinjaFletch

He's been bad overall since Fergie retired. 1 good game here and there isn't enough.

Been a great player for us, but he is done for imo.
He seems to down tools the second the going gets the slightest bit tough.

He was alright last season, in a relatively decent season, and the first one to give up under Moyes. Mentally not here this season, either.

Devil may care

I don't think we can risk him and Blind together against Arsenal, it's like a tanker racing meet when it comes to getting turned around.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's just been woeful this season, didn't contribute anything to today's performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.