Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
There's slow and there's Michael Carrick.

He's been brilliant for us, a really likeable player, but I think he's getting towards the Gary Neville stage where his complete lack of mobility is becoming too much.

JoaquinJoaquin

He is finished. Been a great servant to the club but needs to be moved on in Summer, along with quite a few of these mediocre players.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I am a big fan of Carrick, but he needs to go. His legs are gone, and he's not got the character or personality to lead a young side.

NK86

Needs to go. Still cannot believe it was Herrera who was taken off for Morgan when a win was an absolute necessity for us despite 10 men. Carrick has been woeful for some time now.

BlahRules

His not finished, still can give something, depending on the game.

Not his fault, Mata got sent off. LVG should have subbed him.

Chicharito_

When we need someone who can play a forward pass Carrick is just concerned about his pass completion %, absolute disgrace the amount of the times he played the ball backwards.

He must have had a side bet with someone about how many times he could pass the ball to DDG.

Minimalist

His not finished, still can give something, depending on the game.

Not his fault, Mata got sent off. LVG should have subbed him.
Aye he can continue to offer us massive anxiety in every match. Id prefer he didn't though.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
New deal for him as assistent manager of the kitchen staff.

Spielmacher

Don't get why Herrera gets subbed off and Carrick stays on, probably because of his leadership and because the captain has to play 90 minutes.

JackXX

He's been finished for a long time. Shouldn't be getting anything like the game time he does. Spent 30 million on each of Schneiderlin and Herrera and he seems to be preferred to both. fecking ridiculous.

BlahRules

Aye he can continue to offer us massive anxiety in every match. Id prefer he didn't though.
Yeah he could become a useful player for the Under 21's
Knee jerk reactions. I still believe he has something and still will until we have a player of his passing ability.

I agree he played shit. It was obvious he would have the second we went down to 10 men.

If you want to blame someone then blame LVG.

Minimalist

Knee jerk reactions. I still believe he has something and still will until we have a player of his passing ability.

I agree he played shit. It was obvious he would have the second we went down to 10 men.

If you want to blame someone then blame LVG.
Not knee-jerk at all. I've been personally complaining of how shite Carrick has played all season. In modern PL football the man is useless due to his lack of physical presence and playing the game as slow as a wheelchair user.

Zoo

To be honest I'd rather him at CB then midfield from now on.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Carrick is done. Vying with Rooney for first place on my sellsellsell-wishlist

Devil may care

Too slow on the ball and virtually stationary off it, he's done and there's nothing wrong with that at the age he is, this isn't Serie A. We've been doing too much of this "He can still play 30 minutes here and there" type of thing for too long, we need to let him go in the summer.

MarkC

Never convinced me as someone who could step up to what's needed in terms of leadership. Blatantly obvious now he will never be able to. Think if it wasn't for playing next to Scholes for so many years he'd have been exposed for what he is years ago.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Either keep him around as bench player for experience or sell him.

Eddy_JukeZ

I am a huge Carrick fan, but he looked awful out there. So immobile. And he constantly slows down our attacks. Shouldn't be given a new contract.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Would rather have had TFM in the middle than him. At least he would have run around and brought some energy, Carrick's performance was an absolute joke.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Either keep him around as bench player for experience or sell him.
That's basically his role already. He's just physically done and unless protected by a mobile 3 man midfield, there's no need for him anymore.

peridigm

First time I have watched him and thought it is all over.
Really? First time? I think you could have said the same at times last season and this. He has an odd performance now and again but consistency has been gone for some time now. I vividly remember him getting the ball in the first half today from I think Darmian on the right. He was just inside West Brom's half. He takes the ball then stands completely still. Looks around then squares it to Blind or Smalling. Closest West Brom player was maybe 15-20 yards when he received the ball. What made this even more frustrating was that everyone I could see in front of him was completely standing still, not moving anywhere.

RedChip

Really? First time? I think you could have said the same at times last season and this. He has an odd performance now and again but consistency has been gone for some time now. I vividly remember him getting the ball in the first half today from I think Darmian on the right. He was just inside West Brom's half. He takes the ball then stands completely still. Looks around then squares it to Blind or Smalling. Closest West Brom player was maybe 15-20 yards when he received the ball. What made this even more frustrating was that everyone I could see in front of him was completely standing still, not moving anywhere.
Yeah. He has looked slow in mind and body sometimes but most games I see glimpses of the prime Carrick with the odd incisive pass, interception or just a little bit of calm play. There was none of that today. He just looked out of ideas, playing back at every opportunity. He looked like he wasn't up to it.

ottosec

Worst player on the pitch. It's no coincidence that our best games were with Herrera and Schneidelin in central midfield.

Acquire Me

Bad performance. Still a legend though. Could be time to move one. Unsure about this.

Crumpsall Red

Sadly his time here is done. His legs have gone and he gets put under pressure too easily. When that happens his passing has now become atrocious . Great player .... Time to move on.

Minimalist

Just repeating ourselves now.

He's awful. His Gary Neville moment has come and gone but he's still being wheeled out there.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
really bad place to take a touch like that! My word.

He knew though!! He knew!

Status
Not open for further replies.