Michael Schumacher | No Updates

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Got an example? I don't know if modern drivers would be allowed to do something too risky. I heard Hamilton got a single out or something last week. If he's singing, it might be dangerous...

Actually Schumi himself had severely injured his neck and shoulder in a motorbiking accident prior to his return to F1. As I said, these guys are addicted to speed and living on edge and retiring from the sport doesn't change that.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Courtesy of a poster on PlanetF1.com:

Sky News has just reported that there will be another statement at midday GMT Tuesday.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Actually Schumi himself had severely injured his neck and shoulder in a motorbiking accident prior to his return to F1. As I said, these guys are addicted to speed and living on edge and retiring from the sport doesn't change that.
Heard someone say he skydives too.

Dante

Average bang
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/dec/30/michael-schumacher-critical-stage-treatment-head-injury

Tony Belli, a consultant neurosurgeon and reader in neurotrauma at Birmingham University, said that Schumacher's age, fitness and psychological strength would help his recovery. "He's got a lot of factors in his favour. He's more likely than not to make a good recovery, despite all the concerns that have been raised. From the description of his injuries, it will take weeks, even months to recover, but I do expect him to make a good recovery."
Fingers crossed.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
He is only speaking in general terms since he isn't part of the medical team treating him. I hope he is right but I think it is touch and go from the statements coming from the medical team.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Doctors generally tend to give the worst case scenarios. Here's hoping it's the case here!

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Used to hate him at Ferrari. Probably similar to Vettel now. But I wish him speedy and total recovery. Must be really hard for the family. Wishing them strength.

Decotron

The former Formula One champion Mika Hakkinen has written a letter to Schumacher wishing his former rival a full recovery. The Finn, who once suffered a life-threatening head injury during a training session, advises Schumacher to take his time to recover. “Do me a favour: just this once don’t try to beat the clock. You don’t have to post your best time in this race. You have to take all the time you need,” he said, signing off: “Take it easy, Mika.”

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Mika vs Schumacher was probably my favourite rivalry since I've been watching, quick on track and funny off it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
While this is not a news update for Schumacher, it's come to my attention that there is a fake link being offered around twitter (and probably elsewhere) claiming to be the leaked schumacher helmet camera video.

In reality this is a virus that allows hackers open access to the users computer. Obviously, don't open any links claiming to be the accident video.
From Planet F1, thought it was worth sharing.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Eighteen days in a coma now and the German media are speculating that Schumacher might never wake up. Apparently it is usually the case that patients placed in artificial comas are brought out of it within 14 days, and when they are kept in a coma for much longer than this it usually indicates that something is very wrong.

CentreForward

Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil
It will be OK. There's no reason to rush. Last year a friend of mine was kept as long, just to be brought back when safely possible. He's absolutely fine now and healthy.

Kinky Melinky

Eighteen days in a coma now and the German media are speculating that Schumacher might never wake up. Apparently it is usually the case that patients placed in artificial comas are brought out of it within 14 days, and when they are kept in a coma for much longer than this it usually indicates that something is very wrong.

It's so sad, but if there is a bit of light, my friend was in a coma for 3 weeks and made a full recovery

Getsme

I assumed he was getting better as the media have been very quite about it. Hope he pulls through, such a great sportsman,

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
They are now saying he is reacting 'positively' to be being awoken. I guess only time will tell how much of his brain capacity will be left when he comes to.

Keenst

They've confirmed that they are beginning the process of slowly bringing him out of the induced coma.

Brophs

The One and Only
Hopefully when they're just about to bring him out of the coma they have a big board with five red lights going out in a sequence.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
According to today's Bild there have been reflex responses only since they started trying to bring him out of coma and they believe the doctors are now treating him for pneumonia as well. The press are all picking it up now, but I believe the stories are all based on the Bild story.

The hospital and the spokesman for the family say they have no plans to comment on the report.

Bebe

They're
Responding to doctors instructions as they're reducing the medication. Blinked when asked too, which can only be positive
Did he blink when asked to, or when stimulated? I was under the impression that they're only getting reflexive responses, which is a very bad sign. Could be wrong though.