g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

Edwards6

None are. My post was in response to yours, not his. Do with the facts what you will.
The original post was stating other clubs are spending 2-3x more than poor old Arteta and what a great job he's doing. All your facts did was help to prove him wrong

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
The original post was stating other clubs are spending 2-3x more than poor old Arteta and what a great job he's doing. All your facts did was help to prove him wrong
Sure, if that’s what you want to take from it.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
To my surprise in the end Edu didn't bring anyone in to compete and rotate with Saka. With the EL and Word cup he will burn out pretty quickly.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
Only accounting for transfer spend paints just half a picture. What about the wages?

Arsenals wage bill is close to half of Man Utd ManCity and Chelsea.

(Still in the overall scheme of transfers + wages its not 2x-3x but still its considerable)

IrishRedDevil

Arsenal playing so much better football than United without needing to spend a fortune. They won't win many trophies, but then that's expected where other clubs easily spend 2-3x times more than them. United to me is the most dull, boring team in the top half.
You support a club that can pay wages. Soap your arse and slide on.

Guy Incognito

Showed his naivety there. Despite the midfield overrunning United's they are very easy to counter against even with the score at 1-1. Son, Kane and Conte will be thrilled.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Yep, naive the word that describes a lot snout our game. The challenge from Gabriel, the way we lost the 2nd, the substitutions.
Utd were ruthless, so fair play.

Zoo

How on earth was he allowed to stand right on the touch line with his over dramatic histrionics all game I have no idea. One time when our player going down the line he tried to wildly clap in his face to put him off. Then the chance where Fred almost played Ronaldo in he was about to pick up the ball before Fred played it. He’s an annoying bellend.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Very naive move from Arteta, they weren't even close to 80 minutes before throwing 3 attackers on. They were much more threatening with a balanced team.
Can only guess Zinchenko and Odegaard couldn't do 90 minutes given they were injury doubts coming into match.

Surely would never take them off otherwise given it was still 2-1 and they were playing very well through Man. United midfield.

Arsenal will be a force this season if they keep those players fit. Problem though is they just lack conviction compared to other top teams. For some of the positions they got into they didn't test DDG enough, think it was only two shots on target all game.

cyberman

they need a physical presence through the middle or they’ll struggle for space against the bigger sides as the season goes on

Nick7

They’re a good team and I was very impressed for 65 minutes, but what on earth was he thinking with those subs? ETH couldn’t have planned that better. Essentially took the sting out of Arsenal’s game and left them wide open. Shows some of the drawbacks to 5 subs for managers.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Can only guess Zinchenko and Odegaard couldn't do 90 minutes given they were injury doubts coming into match.

Surely would never take them off otherwise given it was still 2-1 and they were playing very well through Man. United midfield.

Arsenal will be a force this season if they keep those players fit. Problem though is they just lack conviction compared to other top teams. For some of the positions they got into they didn't test DDG enough, think it was only two shots on target all game.
I agree, I think overall they've been fantastic this season but the Europa League fixtures start. Thursday-Sunday schedule means there'll surely be more rotation needed.

Guy Incognito

Arsenal are virtually Spurs under him.
Spurs wouldn't have overrun our midfield like they did. I think it could've been worse if Partey played.

They played well but they are susceptible on the counter. Now with the Europa grind, their squad will be stretched.

If Partey is out long term then they are f'd. Xhaka just isn't good enough.

shahzy

Arteta is actually a good coach. He took 1 year and has them playing really well. They were the better team but got unlucky and we got a few counter attacks and a free goal because they collectively didn't defend for the 3rd

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I agree, I think overall they've been fantastic this season but the Europa League fixtures start. Thursday-Sunday schedule means there'll surely be more rotation needed.
They can get through group stages fine without needing to play those two.

Don't understand why Tierney isn't playing unless he's managing another injury. Drop him at LB, move Zinchenko into central midfield area (where he was popping up anyway today) and get Partey fit and they're looking very strong although Ben White in these type of games has his limitations.

InfiniteBoredom

I don’t really get all the praise for them? They got a goal due to a massive, collective brainfart from us, otherwise it’s classic Arsenal all bark and no bite.

Wouldn’t stop them from moaning about VAR on SNS though.

GMoore23

Spurs wouldn't have overrun our midfield like they did. I think it could've been worse if Partey played.

They played well but they are susceptible on the counter. Now with the Europa grind, their squad will be stretched.

If Partey is out long term then they are f'd. Xhaka just isn't good enough.
They wouldn't have over run our midfield at all if ten Hag had gotten Fred or Casemiro on sooner.
We would've kept a clean sheet easily.

Arsenal are just big time Charlie's.

rajds89

For how good Arsenal apparently were, I don’t remember Dave having to make to many saves. The narrative is baffling. That said, the fact we were “second best” and still come out comfortable winners says a lot more for us than it does them.

Dempsey19

Those 3 subs at that time massively fecked them over. I didn't have a clue who was playing where I don't even think the players did. They were wide open at the back. Bizarre call.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Arteta's decision to go ultra attacking baffled me. We have not been brilliant for awhile. However, when we're on it we are still brilliant at counter attacking. Arteta's decision to open up and let us have the space in behind was suicidal.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
For how good Arsenal apparently were, I don’t remember Dave having to make to many saves. The narrative is baffling. That said, the fact we were “second best” and still come out comfortable winners says a lot more for us than it does them.
I wouldn't say we were second best.

But Arsenal played very well. You'd have to be blinkered to not see that.

adexkola

Supports
Arteta's decision to go ultra attacking baffled me. We have not been brilliant for awhile. However, when we're on it we are still brilliant at counter attacking. Arteta's decision to open up and let us have the space in behind was suicidal.
They were losing anyway. They needed more people in the box. Worst case he conceded another goal, but 0 points is 0 points. At some point he had to go for it.

BarstoolProphet

They were in total control, even if we scored the second out of nothing - yet he decided to rip that up to set up his players to be all over the place. Very weird.

adexkola

Supports
They were in total control, even if we scored the second out of nothing - yet he decided to rip that up to set up his players to be all over the place. Very weird.
They were in total control in front of our box, because that's where the space was.

Do people not get tired of armchair managing?

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
:lol:

Arsenal fans gone into hiding as expected, pathetic bunch

BarstoolProphet

They were in total control in front of our box, because that's where the space was.

Do people not get tired of armchair managing?
It says that you are an Arsenal supporter?:confused:

As for the bolded - no, that's partly why we have a fan forum.