Mo Salah

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Money. Given his performances and now the team's results, he(like most of their team really) is hilariously underpaid atm
He earns in excess of £200k per week.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Madrid would double that.
Doesn't mean he's underpaid right now, if anything our wage structure almost perfectly reflects the value of each player for our team at the moment. His new contract, just like Mané's and Firmino's by the way, was only signed last year.

Teams like United giving way too high wages for average players doesn't mean that Salah is currently underpaid imo, but fair enough if you disagree with that. He's not leaving anyway though - not a chance any of our front three will.

El Zoido

Doesn't mean he's underpaid right now, if anything our wage structure almost perfectly reflects the value of each player for our team at the moment. His new contract, just like Mané's and Firmino's by the way, was only signed last year.

Teams like United giving way too high wages for average players doesn't mean that Salah is currently underpaid imo, but fair enough if you disagree with that. He's not leaving anyway though - not a chance any of our front three will.
I’m not saying he’s underpaid, and I very much doubt he’ll leave Liverpool considering he’s in the best point in his career right now. But he could be earning more, there are clubs that would offer him a higher salary, more than Liverpool would be willing to pay, and the allure of massively increasing your salary never goes away. Personally I don’t like how insane this has become, and as a United fan, it’s negatively affected our club for years, long before Sanchez.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He earns in excess of £200k per week.
Which is significantly less than what most of his peers make. And significantly less than what he would make if he put himself on the market right now. That's called being underpaid in my book

Not saying he wants out anyways, just giving one possible reason why he might

Swarlos

Supports
Lyn FK, Liverpool
If he stays at Liverpool for 19/20, I'll be genuinely surprised.
For real?

Even if he wanted to go, what club in the world would be interested in paying the £200m+ it would take for Liverpool to sell him?

Last edited:

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
The odds of Salah being the first person to succeed Phil Chisnall are huge. It’s just not going to happen. I think he will be with us for at least another two seasons then he might move abroad for an astronomical fee.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
It would be best if he stays though. He's worth 150 million and with that money Liverpool would surely buy two cracking players, the basterds. Bartomeu allowed Liverpool to buy Van Dijk, the idiot.

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
Considering Liverpool got over £30m for Benteke, imagine how much they could get for Salah :eek:

TheLiverBird

With goal bonuses I wouldn't be surprised if he's in fact earning closer to the £300k a week marker at Liverpool

He's playing in one of the worlds best sides currently and now a Champions League Winner, anything is possible but it will be an utter shock if he left, there's no good reason for him to leave

Sterling Archer

Anyone see this thing about Islamophobia dropping some 20% in England since Salah joined Liverpool?

Really nice to see that. Crazy that it's 2019 and we're still talking about the importance of integration to battle racism.

red4ever 79

First time I ventured into this discussion and it's a cluster. He is not leaving Liverpool. Never heard anything so ridiculous in my life.

Tarrou

Anyone see this thing about Islamophobia dropping some 20% in England since Salah joined Liverpool?

Really nice to see that. Crazy that it's 2019 and we're still talking about the importance of integration to battle racism.
It's on the rise if anything - but how would they even quantify it let alone link it with Salah?

Sterling Archer

It's on the rise if anything - but how would they even quantify it let alone link it with Salah?
Saw it doing rounds on Instagram, I'll see if I can find it later. Think it was number of reported or investigated hate crimes specific to Muslim plaintiffs over the two year period.

Disappointing to you feel it's on the rise. I believe that more than stats since so much of these incidents goes unreported especially by immigrants. Certainly on the rise in the US :(

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It'd be a surprise if we let him go. We're in a pretty healthy position both on and off the pitch right now and have no reason to sell any of our key players to any one.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Liverpool's finances aren't in a state where they need to consider selling a player they have under contract for 4 more years.

Sterling Archer

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...a-muslim-goal-celebration-study-a8943501.html

This could be what @Sterling Archer could be referring to? Although the statistics are just within Liverpool. I imagine it has grown wider in the country.
Ahh yes that's the one. Thank you!

Hmm well there you go. Have a Muslim join your beloved group, realize he's a normal and likeable human and start to generalize less about the entire group.

In contrast, be black in Italy and get racially abused even by your own fans. Urgh

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Not a £150m player for me. Don't think he'd look half the player elsewhere, and he already looks half the player he was a season ago (aware his goal tally is still excellent).

It'd be a surprise if we let him go. We're in a pretty healthy position both on and off the pitch right now and have no reason to sell any of our key players to any one.
Definitely would be a surprise, but it's more complicated than that in reality. One big player thinks they've done it now with Liverpool, or just wants a change, and it could soon unravel.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It would be best if he stays though. He's worth 150 million and with that money Liverpool would surely buy two cracking players, the basterds. Bartomeu allowed Liverpool to buy Van Dijk, the idiot.
Yeah, I can't get excited over Liverpool possibly losing Salah as they'd end up a better team after all is done, probably. Sadly I think they'll only get better.

LFCKop

Supports
Liverpool
I maybe in minority but honestly I wouldn't mind if we let him go provided we get 150-200m. I am not happy with his in-game attitude. He is being too selfish this season. I understand all strikers are selfish but then he needs to understand team comes before anything else. During final, there were couple of instances where passing the ball to Mane would have been better option but as usual Salah tried some worldy shot which didnt work. It was very clear to see Mane's frustration. Luckily it didnt cost the team.
But I remember during the low phase in the beginning of second half of this season where we were drawing too many, he was guilty of this selfish attitude. I feel he is an above average player but not a world class one. Mane and Firmino are the ones I wouldn't want to lose at any cost.

Reactions: SteveJ

The Boogeyman

Supports
Liverpool
Madrid would double that.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think most of Madrid's stars are earning more than Salah is.

Some players out there are earning substantially more, but they're either all-time greats like Messi and Ronaldo, or players at clubs who overpaid them substantially to get them (Neymar and Sanchez). There have even been rumors that Real wants Pogba to take a pay cut.

I'm sure Salah could get a great deal if he was available on a free, but very, very few clubs are able to fork out a huge fee and wages above what he makes, and they aren't doing it for every good player in their squad.

Sigma

I maybe in minority but honestly I wouldn't mind if we let him go provided we get 150-200m. I am not happy with his in-game attitude. He is being too selfish this season. I understand all strikers are selfish but then he needs to understand team comes before anything else. During final, there were couple of instances where passing the ball to Mane would have been better option but as usual Salah tried some worldy shot which didnt work. It was very clear to see Mane's frustration. Luckily it didnt cost the team.
But I remember during the low phase in the beginning of second half of this season where we were drawing too many, he was guilty of this selfish attitude. I feel he is an above average player but not a world class one. Mane and Firmino are the ones I wouldn't want to lose at any cost.

Salah got 10 assists across the season, Mane only got 2. Salah also scored 1 more goal in all competitions than Mane and is your top scorer.

MalcolmTucker

Salah got 10 assists across the season, Mane only got 2. Salah also scored 1 more goal in all competitions than Mane and is your top scorer.
Assists really don't tell you much. It's clear Salah has become more selfish this season to anyone that watches the games.

el3mel

Mane has been pretty selfish in several occasions this season and the season before last as well. Him and Salah favor scoring goals than creating and that's their style, so claiming Salah is the only selfish one is weird.

Their system is a striker who sets the play for 2 goal scoring forwards.

Sigma

Assists really don't tell you much. It's clear Salah has become more selfish this season to anyone that watches the games.
Not saying he isn't selfish. It's just that that poster was over exaggerating it in comparison to others in the team. He has 5x more assists than Mane and even more than Firmino.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think most of Madrid's stars are earning more than Salah is.

Some players out there are earning substantially more, but they're either all-time greats like Messi and Ronaldo, or players at clubs who overpaid them substantially to get them (Neymar and Sanchez). There have even been rumors that Real wants Pogba to take a pay cut.

I'm sure Salah could get a great deal if he was available on a free, but very, very few clubs are able to fork out a huge fee and wages above what he makes, and they aren't doing it for every good player in their squad.
Gareth Bale is on £500k a week. Sergio Ramos and Kroos are on £400k. Modric and Marcelo similar. Hazard will be on at least that as well.

Salah isn't just another player, he's genuinely one of the very best in the world. His peers are the likes of Hazard. Yes, he'd earn substantially more if we went for him

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I find him a tad overrated. Very good player but he's not as special as made out to be.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
True. He's still their most magical player by far, in terms of manufacturing a goal or a chance from nothing. I don't know how the chance created stats are calculated, but he tops the chart for them in open play by quite a margin, and is one of the top in the PL at that. While also being the PL joint top scorer

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I think he's world class but of the tentative sort in that he doesn't really quite have the natural talent for it, but determination and confidence has raised his game to a higher level.

Which is also why you could see it getting to him this season when the composure from his confidence last year started to crack.

Still kept at it and finished the league's top scorer despite not walking on water anymore.