Mo Salah

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Yeah, all true. Footballers are people of privilege and higher status whether they like it or not and that comes with expectations of responsibility. Walker, Grealish, Foden, Greenwood, Salah (and many more) have all made stupid decisions during this period.
Given that most footballers seem to be dumber than a box of hair, Id say its par for the course.

Sigma

Was brilliant today, can do everything. Him, Kane and Son are the three best players in the league at the moment.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Just overtaken Henry as having the best goals+assists pr game record in premiership history. 0.97 to Henry's 0.96.

Amazing player.

Sylar

Just overtaken Henry as having the best goals+assists pr game record in premiership history. 0.97 to Henry's 0.96.

Amazing player.
How has he been playing overall, taking away the finishing stats?

Given he was positive twice? For covid, it's still impressive

Feed Me

I'm hungry

Amazing player.
Brilliant stats, but Henry has obviously finished his career and naturally had a slow down towards the end.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
How has he been playing overall, taking away the finishing stats?

Given he was positive twice? For covid, it's still impressive
Think he's been very good. Not as involved maybe, but extremely sharp and economic in his use of the ball. One touch and a pass or shot often won't even need a touch.

Our best forward this season no doubt.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Mane was angrier for being subbed by a player that can't even make captain against Midgetland. Hurricane in paradise. :D

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No doubt silly headlines but at 28 the pair of them must be thinking it's their time for one last humongous contract or chance of a move to a Spanish beast.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He is a fantastic player, but I would still have Henry. He had that magic about him and the ability to do impossible things with a football.

In saying that, I hope Salah tries to emulate him by finishing off in La Liga and I fully support his desire to move:D

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's too old to move now. Nobody's paying liverpool's asking price for him, especially now

He is a fantastic player, but I would still have Henry. He had that magic about him and the ability to do impossible things with a football.

In saying that, I hope Salah tries to emulate him by finishing off in La Liga and I fully support his desire to move:D
Without a doubt. Henry is one of the PL best ever players, Salah is not. He’s a goal machine, but he doesn’t have that X factor that Henry has.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
Without a doubt. Henry is one of the PL best ever players, Salah is not. He’s a goal machine, but he doesn’t have that X factor that Henry has.
As a goal scorer, he's better than Henry was IMO. He's scoring at a higher rate (in the league and in the CL), and he isn't just doing it against smaller teams either.

passing-wind

I also can't see Salah moving given the financial situation in Football. Unless his contract will support his decision to leave like Pogba he will be a Liverpool for the future.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
He's too old to move now. Nobody's paying liverpool's asking price for him, especially now
Pretty much this. I was massively surprised Madrid paid what they did for Hazard. 28 is no age to be signing attackers for record fees. Not because they aren’t any good anymore but you’re paying them as their value and contributions are going to begin to drop.

Bojan11

How much Liverpool paying Thiago?

I can see Salah and Mane wanting to move because it’s their last chance of a big payday and they’d have lots of suitors if Liverpool aren’t offering what they want.

Emperor

Supports
Ajax
They playing for beast Liverpool not near men Liverpool who bottled the title in 13/14 and all those final loses under Klopp’s early year.

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
He is as expensive as Mbappe , selling him to get Mbappe is a good deal.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Feegie signed a 29 year old RVP for £24m in 2012. Granted, it's not an astronomical figure but still very high back then and a 4 year contract as well. It won him the league the following season and shows that sometimes, a high cost deal with no sell on value is the way to go

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Feegie signed a 29 year old RVP for £24m in 2012. Granted, it's not an astronomical figure but still very high back then and a 4 year contract as well. It won him the league the following season and shows that sometimes, a high cost deal with no sell on value is the way to go
And then RVP promptly broke down and United were left needing to get rid of him

Also no, £24m was not a very high figure in 2012. It was the equivalent of £40m now. For that price there would have been no end of takers for Salah, unless his wage demands were crazy. But with COVID even that is now a big risk

Classical Mechanic

Best forward in the league since he joined though. Liverpool have put up a rancid title defence but he’s the only player to fulfil his end of the bargain in the unfolding disaster.