Mo Salah

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
Where’s your money going to come from for a new midfield if you don’t sell? Your owners won’t dip into their pocket, no one else is on a contract that big and underperforming that badly. It might also just be that he wants to leave. Who else can you feasibly sell also? There aren’t many desirable names left that can bring in decent money.
Yeah, this is maybe hopefully working on the basis that the club which produced the third biggest revenue in world football this last year (2nd if, like me, you're unsure about the truth of City's figures) can fund a single big summer spending without having to lose players.

Idxomer

I could see PSG spending big money on him next season, especially if Messi leaves.

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah, this is maybe hopefully working on the basis that the club which produced the third biggest revenue in world football this last year (2nd if, like me, you're unsure about the truth of City's figures) can fund a single big summer spending without having to lose players.
Revenues great isn’t it? It’s always a big number so everyone’s happy.

But let’s discuss something Liverpoool fans specifically love, nett profit. How much do Liverpool actually have to spend on transfers after a big summer and a poor season?

Pintu

I could see PSG spending big money on him next season, especially if Messi leaves.
Except they never spend that much on the 30+ players. All of their big spending was on relatively younger players. Once a player reaches a certain age, then PSG would rather wait for them to be free.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He looks so poor these days. Hasn’t been the same since the AFCON I think

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Real are to Liverpool what Barca are to us.

We both receive regular dickings in Europe from them and have lost 2 CL finals to them in the recent past. At least we have the chance for some small measure of revenge tomorrow.
Not really. We beat them in a semi final in 2008 on our way to winning the competition.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He has been shit once again today. Seems to start every game regardless of form. How much was he on again? He’s just going to become slower and slower and Liverpool are stuck with him.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Thought some of his plays were absolutely amazing. Such quality.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I've only paid attention to Liverpool's results this season, not performances and stats but from what I've read on here and elsewhere I had presumed Salah has been underwhelming. Phoning it in after the big contract etc. Nah, Liverpool have let him down big time this year.

30 goals and 15 assists. Says a lot that a shit season for him is still better than Rashford's greatest ever season for us. There is still a mighty gap for us to bridge before we have a proper world class attacker.

Pickle85

I've only paid attention to Liverpool's results this season, not performances and stats but from what I've read on here and elsewhere I had presumed Salah has been underwhelming. Phoning it in after the big contract etc. Nah, Liverpool have let him down big time this year.

30 goals and 15 assists. Says a lot that a shit season for him is still better than Rashford's greatest ever season for us. There is still a mighty gap for us to bridge before we have a proper world class attacker.
Why use this to have a dig at Rashford. Man we have strange fans.

cyberman

Random Rashford bashing there when they have identical goal records surely? Pus how is Rashford meant to up his assist record when the other front two are Weghorst and Antony?

Real Name

Absolute state of this..

Pintu

Do you know you could have made this argument without mentioning Rashford… Salah doing better than Vinicius statistically is enough proof that he’s having a decent/good season…

Rashford can’t up his assists if he wented to, Weghorst/Antony just won’t score any…

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
"Rash dig/State of this." Like talking to children.

I said it's his greatest ever season but we need him or someone else to step up into that elite top 5 bracket, getting mad numbers to push us on and not just squirming into the top 4. That's just reality.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Brilliant player. Wonder where would he stand in terms of all time greats of epl.

Quite sure he would be in top 5.

Idxomer

Depends on what the criteria is, are Rooney and Bergkamp being kept out of a top 5 for example?
Yeah, it's gonna be difficult even if we limit it to just 5 forwards. Salah's consistency has been great but then you can't ignore Kane in the same era. That's why those lists can be too limiting. It might just be better to say he has been one of the greats of the PL era and leave it at that.