Mo Salah

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
One of them will sign Salah.
Nailed on.
Real's allegedly mooted valuation of 90m EUR is a bit of a laugh. Specially since Perez told us Asensio was 700m EUR and no less when we enquired a few months ago. Oh dear Perez. I wonder how the bargaining will go when Salah eventually says I'm ready to leave now. :lol:

5red

Supports
Liverpool
Utd have managed to keep hold of DDG despite interest from Real Madrid and he is Spanish. I know all the South American players grow up dreaming of playing for the two Spanish giants, but is that really true of African players as well?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Real's allegedly mooted valuation of 90m EUR is a bit of a laugh. Specially since Perez told us Asensio was 700m EUR and no less when we enquired a few months ago. Oh dear Perez. I wonder how the bargaining will go when Salah eventually says I'm ready to leave now. :lol:
90 million is a joke..
If Salah repeats this season next year he's going to go for 150+

Although those figures are scandalous that's the market.

I'd hope that when they come for him Liverpool tell them do one.

McGrathsipan

Utd have managed to keep hold of DDG despite interest from Real Madrid and he is Spanish. I know all the South American players grow up dreaming of playing for the two Spanish giants, but is that really true of African players as well?
Never heard of the African dream for Spanish giants.....

Obviously if Liverpool lose their best player I'll not lose sleep but I wish clubs would tell them and Barca to feck off.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Keeping DDG had a lot of luck involved.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
United managed to keep hold of DDG because of luck and almost unrivalled financial power.

I wouldn't say African players necessarily dream of playing for the Spanish giants, there's a lot of love for the British giants here. But Messi and Cristiano rule here (well, until Salah exploded this season anyway).

The reality is also that if Real Madrid chase after Salah in a concrete way, I believe that there will be severe pressure on him to go from his countrymen. Salah's celebrity is at a ridiculous level here and so many people are obsessed with him here in Egypt. To have an Egyptian player playing for one of the 2 Spanish giants..would be seen as a huge achievement.

God, we had that with the Egyptians with Mido and Ghaly, this is only amplified by having such a good player now.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It doesn't matter about the ethnicity of the player. Madrid are the ultimate club in the world football. There'll be a rare group of players who'd not want to go there.

rotherham_red

United managed to keep hold of DDG because of luck and almost unrivalled financial power.

I wouldn't say African players necessarily dream of playing for the Spanish giants, there's a lot of love for the British giants here. But Messi and Cristiano rule here (well, until Salah exploded this season anyway).

The reality is also that if Real Madrid chase after Salah in a concrete way, I believe that there will be severe pressure on him to go from his countrymen. Salah's celebrity is at a ridiculous level here and so many people are obsessed with him here in Egypt. To have an Egyptian player playing for one of the 2 Spanish giants..would be seen as a huge achievement.

God, we had that with the Egyptians with Mido and Ghaly, this is only amplified by having such a good player now.
It depends also on whereabouts in Africa we're talking as well. The Arabs of the Maghreb and North Africa generally is geared more towards the likes of La Liga and Serie A while in much of Sub Saharan Africa and West Africa, it's the Premier League. You can see a lot of the influence in the styles of play in a lot of the countries.

Fish in kettles

Supports
Man City
If Salah is worth 150+ sell him. On a risk reward basis, how likely is he to replicate this season, if he doesn't his value decreases. If they can get the right replacement for 75 mio its good business. If I were the owner of Liverpool I would be lining up a replacement now.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Never heard of the African dream for Spanish giants.....

Obviously if Liverpool lose their best player I'll not lose sleep but I wish clubs would tell them and Barca to feck off.
At the moment the whole of Egypt is awash with Salah flags and posters in the red of Liverpool. Literally, roads and buildings are awash.

But there have been plenty of comments from fellow players, his family and government leaders that Salah playing for Real is the ultimate goal. For him but mostly for the nation. So much pressure of expectation on his shoulders. So it's a case of when and how much.

One thing is for sure. A player that breaks nearly all PL records is worth three times what Coutinho (that barely broke the 10 goal barrier most seasons) cost. So Perez, 700m you said was it for Asensio?

Varun

Staff
At the moment the whole of Egypt is awash with Salah flags and posters in the red of Liverpool. Literally, roads and buildings are awash.

But there have been plenty of comments from fellow players, his family and government leaders that Salah playing for Real is the ultimate goal. For him but mostly for the nation. So much pressure of expectation on his shoulders. So it's a case of when and how much.

One thing is for sure. A player that breaks nearly all PL records is worth three times what Coutinho (that barely broke the 10 goal barrier most seasons) cost. So Perez, 700m you said was it for Asensio?
Absolutely, 500mil at the very least.

Trizy

I don't think Real can afford him. They have too many positions to strengthen in their squad without spending their entire budget on Salah.

If I was Liverpool and Spurs I'd tell them feck off. Yes Kane or Salah leaving would benefit us but what are the chances of Liverpool or Spurs winning the league? feck Madrid.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

How can you compare Coutinho's numbers to Salah when they are different types of players? Coutinho had been playing at a high level for atleast a couple of seasons now, which gave him that price tag (along with the fact that Barca had a lot of money in the bag and were desperate to sign him).

A team would be foolish to bid over 100 million for Salah after one great season, no matter how many records he breaks. Plenty of players have gone through similar periods where they look like fantastic players but they can't continue it. Salah is also a huge beneficiary of the Liverpool system, with such a flexible CF who he can rotate position with (similar to Ronaldo at Real), and its not certain if he can recreate those numbers for another team and another set of tactics. He may have to be played as a ST for another team but I don't think he has the complete attributes to play that role.

That being said for Liverpool his value is up in the 200 million, or more. There are very few players in the market, at his age, who I imagine can replace him in the role he plays. Its absolutely vital that they keep him, along with Firmino and Mane, for their long term goals.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
If Salah is worth 150+ sell him. On a risk reward basis, how likely is he to replicate this season, if he doesn't his value decreases. If they can get the right replacement for 75 mio its good business. If I were the owner of Liverpool I would be lining up a replacement now.
How many players score 40 goals in one season, then all of a sudden fall off a cliff? He's going to easily smash the PL goal record. It's not a fluke season.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
How many players score 40 goals in one season, then all of a sudden fall off a cliff? He's going to easily smash the PL goal record. It's not a fluke season.
I think the set up at Liverpool and your style of suits him perfectly and allows him pretty much free reign. I watched him a lot in Italy and there was no way you could of predicted he was going to be this good.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I like what I have seen. Sometimes it seems that he is going to stumble and maybe his dribbling is not so clean but he always takes the ball.
It would be a good option to play on the right, but his price is prohibitive for Madrid

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The fact that we allowed Salah to go to Liverpool while we ended up with yet another Dortmund bum is infuriated. Oh wait...Weigl and Pulisic might be available....shiny

McGrathsipan

I don't think Real can afford him. They have too many positions to strengthen in their squad without spending their entire budget on Salah.

If I was Liverpool and Spurs I'd tell them feck off. Yes Kane or Salah leaving would benefit us but what are the chances of Liverpool or Spurs winning the league? feck Madrid.
They have as much a chance as United.

That chance diminishes should Salah and Kane go.

I dont see either player leaving anyway .

Fish in kettles

Supports
Man City
It may be, it may not, he may get injured, he may fall out with his manager, he may decide he hates football, they may find another worldy for a fraction of the price. My point is on a risk reward basis the smart decision is sell.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
I think the set up at Liverpool and your style of suits him perfectly and allows him pretty much free reign. I watched him a lot in Italy and there was no way you could of predicted he was going to be this good.
Aren't most teams set up to get the most from their attacking/best players?

He scored 15 league goals last year for Roma, 14 the year before that - nothing to be sniffed at.

Varun

Staff
The fact that we allowed Salah to go to Liverpool while we ended up with yet another Dortmund bum is infuriated. Oh wait...Weigl and Pulisic might be available....shiny
Not even Salah could have envisaged having the season he's just had. Odd thing to criticise the club for.

devilish

Not even Salah could have envisaged having the season he's just had. Odd thing to criticise the club for.
He always had the right skills to do well in the EPL and his record with Roma was astounding.

Varun

Staff
He always had the right skills to do well in the EPL and his record with Roma was astounding.
Hindsight is always 20/20 and you're wrong about his time at Roma. He's already scored more for Pool this season than he did during his entire Roma career and has clocked half the assist already as well. That should tell you how outstanding he was there.

The club has many things it can be rightly criticised for, there's no need to cook stuff up to have a go.

el3mel

Hindsight is always 20/20 and you're wrong about his time at Roma. He's already scored more for Pool this season than he did during his entire Roma career and has clocked half the assist already as well. That should tell you how outstanding he was there.

The club has many things it can be rightly criticised for, there's no need to cook stuff up to have a go.
Salah has been improving on a constant base from one season to another. You can see the improvement in his numbers from each club he played followed by the next, except Chelsea when he wasn't playing.

McGrathsipan

Salah would probably have about 6 goals for us and be in and out of the starting 11. He's far too attackingly talented for our Jose.

James Peril

I am not so sure Real will to crazy over Salah. Just like Eriksen at Spurs (whom Barcelona will probably not go crazy over either), Salah has no marketability. Eriksen looks like a cab driver, Salah looks like a guy that sells scuba lessons on the beach. With Ronaldo, Neymar, Mbappe, Pogba etc you pay for more than just the player and his abilty

Real and Barca love the X-factor, especially when they will have to spend over 120M for a single player.

Deleted member 101472

People who think salah will end up going for more than Neymar :lol:

Outside of Egypt he’s about as marketable as Joey Barton.

Varun

Staff
Salah has been improving on a constant base from one season to another. You can see the improvement in his numbers from each club he played followed by the next, except Chelsea when he wasn't playing.
The debate isn't about whether he's been improving season on season. It's about whether anyone could have foreseen what he's done this season.

el3mel

The debate isn't about whether he's been improving season on season. It's about whether anyone could have foreseen what he's done this season.
That I agree on. I predicted him to succeed easily here but he exceeded the expectations that's for sure. Klopp system suited him like bread and butter and he made him the main target going for the goal rather than an assisting winger who helps in the attack and score some times. This suited Salah better.

Actually that's the reason I don't know if he'll succeed at Madrid or not due to different style and he'll be playing to assist Ronaldo, not to be the main target for scoring like he's doing at Liverpool. If I were him, I'll stay for one more season at England at least.

Migo

Salah has a very good scoring record with Egypt's NT and he is playing under Hector Cooper who plays such dull defensive football. So i'm not sure why people insisting on the narrative that the way Liverpool team is setup is the main factor Salah is scoring lots of goals.

devilish

The italian league is quite narrow and anti wingers yet salah was able to score a looping 15 goals in 31 serie a matches. The writing was on the wall

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Mate I don't know how young you are or if you know how market forces work. But we put the price on and you pay it. Keep that mantra.
I am pretty old, turned 30 this year, and I completely agree with your point. For Liverpool, Salah should be valued at 200 mil because that is his worth in their system. My other point is that I don't think another club would be willing to go to that amount because 1) This is his first high goalscoring season and 2) There are still doubts as to whether he will be able to recreate these performances for another tactical system.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Like Mane last season, I must be one of the few that doesn't buy into the hype at all with this guy. Sure he's good and I think the system Klopp plays suits him to a tee, but I can't help but laugh at some of the things being said about him. Comparisons with Messi, putting him amongst the world's finest etc.

I'm not basing this on our recent game against Liverpool, but I remember before that game everybody was predicting he'd destroy us. He was average. People said Young was great that game but I left thinking he too was very average that day, especially on the ball. Defensively he defended Salah relatively easily at times though, through just being compact and channelling Salah to the inside into the awaiting CBs. Nothing ground breaking and no amazing performance from Young.