Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmichael

I don’t think Caicedo would be a bluff move to force Chelsea into selling us Mount and the whole ‘they’re two different players’ thing means nothing unless everyone has forgot we moved on from De Jong to Casemiro last summer who are completely different midfielders, I remember reading a lot last summer of ETH being very adaptable tactics wise to what he can work with.

Knowing that Mount wants to join us ETH may just think it makes sense to work on the positions he can now and work on the rest later, we’ve so much to sort that getting Caicedo in before Mount doesn’t really matter. To be honest I’d rather Caicedo than Mount as Caicedo frees up Casemiro to play further forward and provides the legs he needs alongside him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
United need a ball carrier out of their #8. This was the issue with Erikson playing with Bruno this season, there was no one to link the play.

Looking at FBRef, Caicedo is a better passer but Rice is superior when it comes to progressive Passes and Carrier. Defensively they are similar.
Caicedo plays for a coach who wants him to bait the opponent's press in the build up phase. The stats are only indicating what Caicedo is being asked to do by De Zerbi.

bosskeano

ffs....Brighton wanted 60m for McAllister and Pool paid only 35m. No fuking chance they'll get 70m or more for Caicedo

Woziak

There is another theory behind this sudden change of direction, SJ bid is accepted but only a very few know and Rabiot looks to be turning united down so Caciedo is the obvious bridge player who can play as number 6, Number 8 and push come to shove also inverted Right Full back.

Makes total sense even for £80m, plus it would firmly put Chelsea back in their box and maybe make a statement after an announcement next week, this is a new United and they don’t F…about !

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
My only sight worry is...has anyone ever been brilliant after leaving Brighton? Or Southampton before them who werev sort of the Brighton before Brighton.

mav_9me

My only sight worry is...has anyone ever been brilliant after leaving Brighton? Or Southampton before them who werev sort of the Brighton before Brighton.
Southampton is easy. Van Dijk and Mane.

Brighton, I guess would be Ben White although he was on loan at Leeds after which Arsenal bought him. Cucarella is a flop. Not sure if there's any other big money moves away from Brighton.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Brighton, I guess would be Ben White although he was on loan at Leeds after which Arsenal bought him. Cucarella is a flop. Not sure if there's any other big money moves away from Brighton.
All scouers are shit in my eyes :wenger:

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Tadic as well!

Honestly not to derail the thread or anything but this was one of my biggest issues with Potter - everyone kept banging on about how good he is at developing youth and improving players and blah blah, but where are the examples of this? Who are the top players who have left Brighton and kicked on?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
United need a ball carrier out of their #8. This was the issue with Erikson playing with Bruno this season, there was no one to link the play.

Looking at FBRef, Caicedo is a better passer but Rice is superior when it comes to progressive Passes and Carrier. Defensively they are similar.
The issue was Eriksen being immobile and getting run over defensively. Caicedo is a good ball carrier too

saivet

And yet he dreamed of playing for United and Chelsea have no CL. I can't imagine he'd take Chelsea over us.
He probably just doesn't think we're serious. Show some concrete interest and sure we could get him to change his mind.

surf

Shearer too.

Kostov

Now this is a good deal to be done. Pay the fee and bring him in, much more pressing need than Mount who we can take on a free for next season.

ManRed

This deal makes no sense atm as his skill sets are entirely different to mount. But getting him this summer sorts our DCM position for a good few years. Doubt Chelsea will not do a deal for Mount with Bayern or another club at a lower price if we do move on.

If we do go buy Caicedo then we should prioritize a top striker as our creativity will take a big hit with Caicedo-Casemiro in midfield

luke511

Rashford
Garnacho Bruno Amad Antony
Casemiro Caicedo
Shaw Varane Martinez
New GK​

Caicedo, a new CF and GK would be a huge window, also possible with the right outgoings. Low value high potential signings like Guler and Vipotnik wouldn’t go amiss either.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Rashford
Garnacho Bruno Amad Antony
Casemiro Caicedo
Shaw Varane Martinez
New GK​

Caicedo, a new CF and GK would be a huge window, also possible with the right outgoings.
Caicedo, CF and Gk would be a excellent window imo.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You think the Caciedo links are genuine, as in, we're actively going to pursue him?
I do believe the links are genuine and it will depend on how much money we have to spend. He's a player that would make a difference right now in the team and we could also build for the long-term with him as the deep lying midfielder.

Tarrou

makes more sense that we leaked that info to get Chelsea to fold than actually changing targets

they couldn't be more different in style

The Irish Connection

Please Jesus let this be true.
doubt it though, we don’t tend to do logical signings that often based on the last ten years.

Chief123

As nice as it would be, I don’t think there’s anything to see here. This thread will tragically fizzle out by end of next week. We will be signing Mount.

James35

Yeah let’s go for Caicedo and offer three amounts that get turned down by BHA before we walk away…

We are perennial over payers and borderline mugs so can’t blame these teams for taking the piss.

klayton88

He reminds me a bit of Kante and his breakout season. A joy to watch Brighton last season. Hope they don't lose everybody this summer though and do a Leicester in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.