5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halftrack

He's a shadow of the player he was at Southampton. I really, really like that player, but outside a few games, we haven't really seen much of him. I want him to succeed here, and I think he'd thrive under a manager who doesn't insist on trying do shove square pegs into round holes.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's a shadow of the player he was at Southampton. I really, really like that player, but outside a few games, we haven't really seen much of him. I want him to succeed here, and I think he'd thrive under a manager who doesn't insist on trying do shove square pegs into round holes.
Really. He's a largely defensive midfielder playing largely in defensive midfield. There are many sticks with which to beat our manager but Schneiderlin is not one. If he's been underwhelming it's either because he's adapting or because he's not that amazing.

Manny

Grammar Police
Yep good game.

Kept it simple, held the midfield and made us look very assured.

Sylar

Still wishing we could just put him next to Herrera in midfield...

Raw

Pretty simple game for him really. Did well, though those lunging tackles he makes do scare me a little. He's picked up a fair amount of yellow cards from them.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think he's a very average player really. Was alright today, but he's sloppy and not too good on the ball overall and with his passing. His defensive work is fine, but at United you want him to be better on the ball and not feck up simple passes and have a bit more balls on him when it comes to taking responsibility on the ball.

I wish he was more commanding and assertive.

Had a good game though.
Give him time. Hes a new player settling in to a new team and under more scrutiny and pressure than he could ever have imagined at Southampton. Hes been getting better recently and i think his confidence will grow in his second season after a summer break.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Do we believe he can be our main holding midfielder next year or should we look elsewhere?

With the likes of Renato Sanches and Andre Gomes being linked to us it's clear that the Club don't see Schneiderlin's future as a box-to-box.

I really want him to take over the reigns from Carrick, but he just lacks a bit of calmness on the ball.

Maybe next year he will show us the form that won him a transfer to Man Utd.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
No because he isn't a holding midfielder. He is the combative player who gets around and supports a player like Carrick, he isn't Carrick. He can play a double pivot but we'll never get the best out of him trying to play a shielding role.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

No because he isn't a holding midfielder. He is the combative player who gets around and supports a player like Carrick, he isn't Carrick. He can play a double pivot but we'll never get the best out of him trying to play a shielding role.
I would say he is a mix between a box-to-box and holding midfielder.

He played the pivot position a couple of times for France and did quite well.

A partnership with Sanches could potentially work out, even though it seems to lack a playmaker. It would be a partnership similar to Dier and Dembele for Tottenham.

Mike09

Everyone in here seems to have different opinion on Schneiderlin.
One said he is box to box and he is not defensive midfielder.
The other one said he should play defensive midfielder alongisde Herrera.

I don't even know where should we play him. To me he hasn't show any good sign and the consistency to be guarantee as our starting eleven. People say he should be our box to box as a dynamic midfielder and break opposition play. To be honest, defensively he's not that great and also often give a foul. I rather see Mensah in that role.
People say he should play defensive midfielder but as a replacement of Carrick he can't dictate a tempo. And as a Keano's type he can't hold the ball as good as Keano and I won't even bother to compare his defending. May be he will convince me if we can get a manager who can get the best out of him but at the moment I don't get the hype of Schneiderlin.

Devil may care

He's not a #6 like Carrick but he can operate as a water carrier DM if we play with 2 creative #8's ahead of him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Was building up some form. What happens next, gets benched. I am tired.

izec

He lost his mojo completely, absolutely average this season. He can and should do much better. I want to see him under a different manager, but disappointing so far

Drifter

American
Morgan Schneiderlin has admitted that he is “not fully satisfied” with his first year at Manchester United.

Schneiderlin joined the club from Southampton for £24million last summer, but has found regular game time difficult to come by under Louis van Gaal.

The French international has started 24 games in central midfield in the Premier League this season, only four more than Michael Carrick, while Bastian Schweinsteiger, who has been ruled out through injury since January, has started 13.

Schneiderlin has found himself benched for crucial games throughout the season however, including both 1-1 draws with Leicester, as well as defeats to Arsenal, Bournemouth, Norwich and Stoke.

Speaking to L’Equipe 21, the 26-year-old has discussed a mixed first campaign at Old Trafford.

“I’ve been like the squad — some good matches and some that were not as good,” he said. “But everything is definitely different at Manchester United. A good match at Southampton can be viewed as a bad one in Manchester.

“When I signed for Manchester United, I wanted to play all the matches — to play well all the time.

“So I’m not fully satisfied. I’m not dissatisfied, I’m not satisfied — I’m in the middle.

“But it’s my first year. I’m convinced that I’ll come back very, very strong next season.”

settembrini

He's in the Herrera club, clearly a good midfielder who brings a lot to the team but just doesn't seem to have the confidence of the manager. Funnily enough I think the best we have looked in midfield was when those two played a few games together but Van Gaal broke it up asap :(

Hopefully we get to see a lot more of him next season.

Ive said it before but hes fighting a losing battle until we get him in a mobile, settled midfield. At any standard its difficult playing in the middle if you dont have disciplined partners but even more so at this level. Hes constantly running to cover space left by others, either a headless chicken (Fellaini) who is never where hes supposed to be or two who cant cover the ground anymore (Carrick and BFS).

When he gets a partner to address that he will have more time and space to show us his attacking game. No surprise some of his best games have been alongside Herrera.

bucky

Morgan Schneiderlin has admitted that he is “not fully satisfied” with his first year at Manchester United.

Schneiderlin joined the club from Southampton for £24million last summer, but has found regular game time difficult to come by under Louis van Gaal.

The French international has started 24 games in central midfield in the Premier League this season, only four more than Michael Carrick, while Bastian Schweinsteiger, who has been ruled out through injury since January, has started 13.

Schneiderlin has found himself benched for crucial games throughout the season however, including both 1-1 draws with Leicester, as well as defeats to Arsenal, Bournemouth, Norwich and Stoke.

Speaking to L’Equipe 21, the 26-year-old has discussed a mixed first campaign at Old Trafford.

“I’ve been like the squad — some good matches and some that were not as good,” he said. “But everything is definitely different at Manchester United. A good match at Southampton can be viewed as a bad one in Manchester.

“When I signed for Manchester United, I wanted to play all the matches — to play well all the time.

“So I’m not fully satisfied. I’m not dissatisfied, I’m not satisfied — I’m in the middle.

“But it’s my first year. I’m convinced that I’ll come back very, very strong next season.”
Saying the right things IMO.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If this is the level he was performing at when he was at Southampton and it's merely being viewed differently, then he's going to have a hard time being successful here. We need far far more from him than what we've seen so far. His quality and awareness on the ball has been the most disappointing aspect and it makes him come across as a really limited footballer. Like with so many players, hopefully he improves under the next manager.

bucky

If this is the level he was performing at when he was at Southampton and it's merely being viewed differently, then he's going to have a hard time being successful here. We need far far more from him than what we've seen so far. His quality and awareness on the ball has been the most disappointing aspect and it makes him come across as a really limited footballer. Like with so many players, hopefully he improves under the next manager.
It's not.

West Ham 3:2 Man Utd

Mike09

Giving the ball away from the first place for the goal. He just can't do a proper job as our holding midfielder.

Edit: He also did a poor job before Lanzini made the assist.

acnumber9

No doubt people will still talk about our results being better when he plays regardless of whether he plays any positive impact on that. I have no idea what his attributes are supposed to be.

WyoManU

looking another bad buy for us. I have to believe that some of the reason so many of our players look so bad is because of the influence of the manager.

Redo91

Offering no protection at all. Get Carrick on as soon as possible.

Up there with Rojo as the most pointless signing of LVG's reign.

kps88

Making me miss the Fellaini-Carrick combo. He plays like someone who has never played midfield before.

RedStarUnited

Offering no protection at all. Get Carrick on as soon as possible.

Up there with Rojo as the most pointless signing of LVG's reign.
Most of the Caf wanted him here and were ecstatic with the signing.

He does nothing in most corner/freekick situations to the point where he is useless to have in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.