Mourinho to United | Officially Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
...and in 3 years...? I won't give up on O'Neill and Keane yet. Let's see how they do in the Euro's with a very average squad and then probably at Celtic. If they do show they can work together over that time maybe some of you lot will come around to wanting them here when Jose inevitably spits the dummy.
Are you having a laugh?

Is he having a laugh?

Minimalist

Depends what it means though. I agree that theres holes to fill, but the last thing we need is everything ripped up and to rebuild from the ground up.
He doesn't have time to do the latter.

I imagine he'll buy 4-5 top players for the first XI if he can.

Spoony

The People's President
Everyone's happy - we win, Mourinho takes over and LVG moves on as a winner.

Everyone's a winner, baby.

Seveneric

Good. Now hopefully no murking about in the transfer market. Let him identify his targets and start working immediately

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Mourinho has known for months the job is his, I reckon hes been working on transfers already. Zlatan, Varane and James Rodriguez will come in I reckon, and maybe one more.

Devil may care

I wanted LVG out as much as anyone else but the fact that some people seems to be cheering this more than us winning the FA Cup says a lot about our fan base.
Well it doesn't say glory hunters and to me it shows just how bad it's gotten under LvG that one good day can't erase how he's took away the belief of fans over the course of the season.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Liverpool lose (no CL, no trophy, no Europe), we win the cup and now this.

Carlsberg don't do "great weeks in football" but if they did........:cool:
And City's team in New York currently losing 3-0 in the derby apparently (so says SSN anyway - I'm still having trouble believing the Americans play the game, let alone know what's going on there).

Norris

Wow, once this is confirmed, the managers for next season
  • Jose
  • Pep
  • Conte
  • Wenger
  • Klopp
  • Ranieri
Damn, that's the cream right there! I'm sure some spurs fan will want me to include Poch as well. Only 2.5 months.

Also, just realized. Jose's first trophy will be a Charity Shield Win over Leicester. What a way to start his career...

Crackers

greasy ginfers
It's so hard to keep track of all the threads. Here, then there, then here.... My god,it's so exciting.
I'm absolutely buzzing. I want to congratulate LVG on winning and improving us a team, but he hasn't done enough. Glad to see Jose is coming in to finish the job.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
And he's right to want it. The squad has gaping holes in it.

Those who cry for 'playing youth' are just being hopeless romantics. Of course I want to see our youth system producing good players but we need to buy ready-made first teamers with experience who can really dominate teams.
This squad need bulking out, Jose will not want such a thin squad. He is the sort who wants to go for everything.

MDFC Manager

Anyway, even if he knew it's utterly classless to leak this today and before his press conference. This is the sort of thing we ridicule and shame other clubs.
Doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't know. He will reveal his retirement separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.