Mourinho to United | Officially Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

salford_

Can easily see City, and especially utd and chelsea hitting 100m plus this window.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Can't say I'm all that excited. He's not at all my first pick.

Hope he does a good job and proves me wrong.

Remix

LordoftheStreams
SSN have just said that according to their sources mendes has said that he will fly over on Tuesday to finalise the deal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Should be good to compete domestically. Hope he doesn't implode and be too toxic in the press conferences. Looking forward to a decent summer too.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Spanish radio confirming and saying that Mourinho wants a "profound remodelling" of the squad. Buckle up for a crazy transfer window.
He has the right idea. The squad is an absolute mess. Not sure how he'll remodel it though. We can't keep spending hundreds of millions of pounds every transfer season.

Oneunited26

Thank god for that, the board finally put the horse out of its misery. Its fantastic we won the FA Cup, a great day for united, something we have not had for a few years. I am fascinated how Mourinho does at a club like united that is not so hostile

Minimalist

Spanish radio confirming and saying that Mourinho wants a "profound remodelling" of the squad. Buckle up for a crazy transfer window.
And he's right to want it. The squad has gaping holes in it.

Those who cry for 'playing youth' are just being hopeless romantics. Of course I want to see our youth system producing good players but we need to buy ready-made first teamers with experience who can really dominate teams.

the hea

I wanted LVG out as much as anyone else but the fact that some people seems to be cheering this more than us winning the FA Cup says a lot about our fan base.

DenisIrwin

...and in 3 years...? I won't give up on O'Neill and Keane yet. Let's see how they do in the Euro's with a very average squad and then probably at Celtic. If they do show they can work together over that time maybe some of you lot will come around to wanting them here when Jose inevitably spits the dummy.

MDFC Manager

I hope some people on here will write apologies to Woodward for all the ballox they have written. After the nightmare of December, there was no-one better to immediately replace LVG with.

With Mourinho unavailable due to Chelsea contract gardening leave, he had to deny LVG'S offer for resignation and somehow reassure and remotivate him, whilst sacking him at the end of the season!

With the FA Cup bringing back memories of the winning feeling, Woodward deserves a lot of credit for how he has handled this situation: with maturity, professionalism and strict confidence. Not surprising that the Glazers trust him so much.
Exactly.

NinjaFletch

And he's right to want it. The squad has gaping holes in it.

Those who cry for 'playing youth' are just being hopeless romantics. Of course I want to see our youth system producing good players but we need to buy ready-made first teamers with experience who can really dominate teams.
Depends what it means though. I agree that theres holes to fill, but the last thing we need is everything ripped up and to rebuild from the ground up.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Excellent news but the timing of it seems somewhat misplaced. Seems so awkward
well, it's the bbc story for now. We're not announcing it today, that'd be rude!

I expect Van Gaal has known for a fair while. They won't have just told him last night!

Scarecrow

Having a week off
We just won the FA Cup. Mourinho can wait. I'd be really disappointed if it proves that it was the club that leaked the info today. And just before LVG's press conference as well.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Bit of a classless way for the club to let Louis know, as he is trying to celebrate a massive achievement, but I guess its got everyone else happy.
LVG would have been told quite a while ago and most people could work it out. It would be impossible to let him stay and turn someone like Jose down - especially when so many other big clubs have changed manager. We can't afford two years of upheavals. So the club backed LVG and will retire a winner! Delighted for him.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Wow, things are moving fast now!

This should have happened three years ago when Fergie retired. Not an ideal Man Utd manager (questions over his style of play and his antics) but a man who could have kept the club at the top, winning trophies post Fergie. Hopefully he can get us back there.

NinjaFletch

I hope some people on here will write apologies to Woodward for all the ballox they have written. After the nightmare of December, there was no-one better to immediately replace LVG with.

With Mourinho unavailable due to Chelsea contract gardening leave, he had to deny LVG'S offer for resignation and somehow reassure and remotivate him, whilst sacking him at the end of the season!

With the FA Cup bringing back memories of the winning feeling, Woodward deserves a lot of credit for how he has handled this situation: with maturity, professionalism and strict confidence. Not surprising that the Glazers trust him so much.
And the worst thing about all the bollocks is all of what you've said has been obvious to anyone with even two brain cells. The level of vitriol has been ridiculous.

Hammerfell

We just won the FA Cup. Mourinho can wait. I'd be really disappointed if it proves that it was the club that leaked the info today. And just before LVG's press conference as well.
Van Gaal obviously knew about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.