Mourinho to United | Officially Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rake

What took them so long?
Turns out Mourinho has multiple contracts outside of football which are causing slight issues. He has a deal with Jaguar where we have one with Chevrolet, different watch brands and so on and so forth.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"JM tomorrow, JM yesterday...but never JM today."

R'hllor

You should be happy that we didnt sack LvG when most wanted,you would probably lose your shit for days waiting for us to sign him up in middle of season. You would call Ed and club idiots,morons,incompetent,making statements like "how hard can it be to sign a free agent manager" "only at United, X club would have everything done and dusted by now" etc.

Will Absolute

Turns out Mourinho has multiple contracts outside of football which are causing slight issues. He has a deal with Jaguar where we have one with Chevrolet, different watch brands and so on and so forth.
That actually sounds a bit tricky. How does a club have an exclusive deal to promote Chevrolet when their manager is promoting Jaguar? And how do you resolve it?

Revan

Assumptionman
You should be happy that we didnt sack LvG when most wanted,you would probably lose your shit for days waiting for us to sign him up in middle of season. You would call Ed and club idiots,morons,incompetent,making statements like "how hard can it be to sign a free agent manager" "only at United, X club would have everything done and dusted by now" etc.
It would have been worth the wait though considering that when you sign Mourinho, you get Rui Faria as part of the package :drool:

Ban

Can we muppets have some joy?

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
That actually sounds a bit tricky. How does a club have an exclusive deal to promote Chevrolet when their manager is promoting Jaguar? And how do you resolve it?
Well, the first teamers all seem to have been given Chevrolets, but I see them also driving big top-of-the-range Range Rovers and such-like. However, if you actually have a contract with Jaguar, I suppose it'll have to be bought-out.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I don't see how that's tricky. Happens all the time. Players or managers don't have to promote the same brands as their employer, and the brands can't expect clubs to force that upon their employees. Ronaldo is Nike and Real Madrid is Adidas. Nike understands Ronaldo needs to wear an Adidas jersey during matches, and Adidas understands that Real's most important player, as a free individual, plays with Nike boots and advertises for them in his spare time.

These things do have an impact in the clubs finances. Real Madrid would probably receive more money from Adidas if Ronaldo was their representative as well, so they factor into negotiations.

Last edited:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Has anything new actually happened? Or are are still on "agreed terms, expecting announcement today or tomorrow"?

peridigm

I'd like to see a tour of him walking around the offices at Carrington and when he opens his office Zlatan is sat in his seat with his feet propped up on the desk.

binary bot
Just had a text from my source and he says if Jose is to be announced as manager before next season then it'll be sometime in the next 3 months.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Just had a text from my source and he says if Jose is to be announced as manager before next season then it'll be sometime in the next 3 months.
Can your source please tell me the lottery numbers for this friday

Loon

:lol:
I own the intellectual rights to the name "David Moyes."

I'd post my eBay link, but the mods...

Rake

It does but this sort of thing is quite common so I`m sure it will not cause difficulties. Better safe than sorry when compiling the contract. It makes no diffence for our transfers and preparation if we announce him this or next week even.

Status
Not open for further replies.