Mourinho to United | Officially Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Should have been the man to replace Ferguson. At least he's finally got the job. He's not the ideal manager, but he's the best we're going to get.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Very few candidates available. Jose was the obvious choice.

Last edited:

VanGaalEra

Yes come on!

I hope he requests a press conference and serves notice on all the bitches in the PL!

Oneunited26

Well, that's it then. Let's hope he gets us playing exciting, winning football because I've missed that over the last couple of years. Who knows if he's the right man, personally I think this is the job he has coveted more than any other and he could well help bring us the success we as a club expect.
If he gets us to the level of what we saw at chelsea 04-06, real madrid 2010-13, think we can all be happy. I think we will be allot quicker getting from A to B, yes we will be defensive when we need to be, but allot more progressive with the ball. Lets hope we don't get the Mourinho of the season gone, but who knows

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Should have been the man to replace Ferguson. At least he's finally got the job. He's not the ideal manager, but he's the best we're going to get.
My sentiments entirely, 3 years too late and after his antics at Chelski I lost most of my respect for him, but nevertheless he is the best option we have and, tbf, he isn't a bad option.

ravi2

He is exactly the manager we need at this time.
I would choose him over Pep at this juncture.

He not only has the pedigree, but he has wanted this job for years.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Sad day for me. Someone I really dislike at the club I love so much. Hope he can behave himself and apologise for past actions because I'd rather us have gone in a different directionz

ravi2

Moyes was my biggest nightmare (I kid you not, I had nightmares for years before he came). Anyone but him.

I will never understand the Moyes appointment, for someone as brilliant as SAF he really really fecked the club over big time with that.

Stretford Red1978

I reckon on Mutv at 6 it will be announced, that's when they have the daily news! Welcome to Manchester Mouriniho!

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
My sentiments entirely, 3 years too late and after his antics at Chelski I lost most of my respect for him, but nevertheless he is the best option we have and, tbf, he isn't a bad option.
I thought about this yesterday, it's actually a positive thing in some aspects.

The positives:
* He has total closure from Chelsea now, he doesn't feel he has to go back to the club and have the urge to manage there.
* He's sampled all top flight leagues, Spanish, England, Italy (Portugal yes but not top flight).
* Knows which league he wants, ready to manage long-term now.

Negatives:
* Last year with Carneiro, lost respect from many people
* his "three-year" cycle (arguably could be broken now with the right club)

Smores

Sad day for me. Someone I really dislike at the club I love so much. Hope he can behave himself and apologise for past actions because I'd rather us have gone in a different directionz
He's our manager now don't you have to blindly adore him and ignore all faults ?

To be honest the only thing I think he's done particularly wrong was the medic incident

redhoop

I agree with many in here - he hasn't endeared me to him, to put it mildly, with some of his shenanigans. But, he's got a strong cv, great knowledge of the EPL and he really, really wants to manage us, which has to be a good thing.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
No point in being down before he has even set foot in Manchester. Wait and see what the future holds.

Enjoy the summer.

Smores

Over the moon at this news, he's been ready to take over United for a long time imo.

Downside is the girlfriend might want to watch our games now :nervous:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Oh fec
Love him from now on or bugger off!

JoMo is our manager!!!! Suck it up!!!

mu4c_20le

One thing I can tell Manchester United fans is that they have got themselves a true winner in all aspects. His CV shows success!

After his recent unsuccessful time at Chelsea in the final year, I can assure you this winner is now a wounded animal which makes him such a mouthwatering appointment. Jose went from winning the League cup &Premier League to losing a dressing room at Chelsea and I am certain he will want to restore all of that very quickly.

He will be desperate to silence the media who have been writing and saying negative things about him (he will have stored it all being the competitor he is) and will be as focused as ever.
Well said Rio.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
And there in lies the issue with the modern day football supporter... Sorry fan.

He's a manager, a fecking great one at that. If he gets us winning who gives a toss, absolute state of some peoples 'worries'

Status
Not open for further replies.