Mourinho to United | Officially Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter

American
BBC were out of order releasing this speculation so soon after us winning the FA Cup.

Loon

:lol:
I don't think it's that, he probably just thinks it's classless to do it today rather than in a few days, which I actually agree with.
I imagine that was the plan before the leak. If this is a legit, of course.

Untied

Some journos on twitter saying its from Mendes. Its not an issue of morality. Its an issue of respect. Just log on soxial media. 8 out of ten posts are about Mourinho. It shouldn't be like that on the day we wkn our dirst trophy in three year
Obviously this is now the lead story in a way it wouldn't have been were it not for the leak, but it's not like we wouldn't have been discussing LVGs future tonight if it hadn't leaked. As soon as the season was over the decision (either way) needed to be made/confirmed.

He'd have been asked about it in the press conference whatever. We'd have been posting in the LVG Out thread whatever.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Disgraceful, there's no other word for it.
Absolutely.
How dare we hire a manager who almost guarantees us trophies.
I say, let LVG finish his contract, then re-hire Moyes for 2 years, before letting Giggs manage us for the next few years.

:p

NJM78

The club probably said hold off until after the cup final, meaning like the next day or so but Mendes was probably on the blower five seconds after Clattenberg blew the final whistle.

Personally I don't care, if we had just lost the final no one would give a shit. Also Moyes found out about his sacking on the news before he was told, I don't recall many giving two fecks then.

LvG has been quite terrible in his two seasons in charge but now he can leave knowing he won a title, he would have obviously known about this before today's match surely otherwise the club are just as bad as everyone claims Jose and Mendes to be.

BarstoolProphet

He definitely shouldn't be playing every game like he is now. He's not a title-winning striker by a long way but he's very promising.

Learning under the likes of Ibra (if he comes) while playing the under-study striker will be massive boost for him I think.
I agree but I would like to see him start a lot of matches next season also. This kid is sensational but hopefully he will improve learning from Ibra.

the hea

My hero already

Finally the first god damn good news in months

MOURINHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!
You really think this is the first good news in moths? I mean we won the FA feckING CUP just a couple of hours ago and you really think this is the first good news in months? Talk about spoilt fans.

Minimalist

Another thing is, if it's true he has been scouting and planning to take over since January time, then he should have his transfer targets set and hopefully business will be done quickly and efficiently.

Should have a good chance of starting hard and fast like Chelsea in 2014/15.

Donut

Maybe Zlatan wanted to be certain Mourinho is coming so he can make his decision :D

simmee

He's rightfully pissed off we didn't hire him after the 2-0 defeat at Stoke. Make no mistake, this is LONG overdue. Rejoice.
Yeah I know, just joking with the hyperbole. We need a new manager and Mourinho is the best one available. But it seems pretty pointless to leak it now if it's going to be made public in a couple of days.

Loon

Definitely can't blame a journalist from reporting the news. Some of them have been spouting shite so long, it must feel good to hit the target.

Empire

Who gives a single feck about him? It's just added to the whole winning the FA cup feeling for me. Why do people give a feck about Van Gaal? We've been fecking miserable under his tenure and he's a complete grade A cnut.

Feeling sorry for him is equivalent to stockholm syndrome.
He gave us Martial.

He discovered Rashford.

His handling of De Gea created the possibility for what happened, he signed a 5 year contract.

He discovered talents like Fosu-Mensah and CBJ.

Bastian Fecking Schweinsteiger is still a good player for us.

He gave us the first FA Cup since 2004, Arsenal's record didn't last long because of him.

And he didn't sign stop gaps (whereas most managers would) in positions like CB and RW instead opting to use what he had and wait and target somebody of the highest level because he wants the club to have the best players in the world / best young players.

---

Can't believe that makes you miserable. What have you done for Manchester United that tops that?

Untied

Not so soon after our FA Cup win and certainly not before LVG knew about it.
That has no bearing on when they should break a story, nor should it. Morally, they probably should have contacted LVG before publishing it.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He gave us Martial.

He discovered Rashford.

His handling of De Gea created the possibility for what happened, he signed a 5 year contract.

He gave us the first FA Cup since 2004, Arsenal's record didn't last long because of him.

And he didn't sign stop gaps (whereas most managers would) in positions like CB and RW instead opting to use what he had and wait and target somebody of the highest level because he wants the club to have the best players in the world / best young players.

---

Can't believe that makes you miserable. What have you done for Manchester United that tops that?
Jesus fecking Christ :lol:

OneUnited24

I don't see it at all. He doesn't need to detract from LVG and from United tonight, it's going to be the major headline until the Euros start regardless. I'd believe it if we were managed by Wenger or Benitez.

It seems more likely that one of Mendes' entourage let something slip.
As much as i hate the guy, Mendes would not do anything without some instruction from JM. I doubt he became the most powerful agent in world football by pissing off his big clients.

It just seems in JM character is all. I mean we won teh FA cup and all i've heard people talk about is what JM will do for us next season

Scrumpet

There are no words
Absolutely.
How dare we hire a manager who almost guarantees us trophies.
I say, let LVG finish his contract, then re-hire Moyes for 2 years, before letting Giggs manage us for the next few years.

:p
The idea that you would welcome this on the day that we won the FA Cup, it's ridiculous. If you've ever called another club's fans plastic, you need to take a look in the mirror.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Because today is about winning the FA Cup not Jose.
This weekend is about winning our first trophy in a while AND to usher a new era of trophy winning (with a manager whose sole purpose is to win).

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He gave us Martial.

He discovered Rashford.

---

Good Lord! He was fecking shite. Get over it.

Skills

Snitch
He gave us Martial.

He discovered Rashford.

---

It's alright. Your kidnapper also fed you a few times a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.