Mourinho vs. Conte: "I've never been suspended for match fixing"

Womp

idiot
Comments like 'they should focus on their clubs' etc. are so fecking odd. As if both managers have forgotten to focus on their clubs and can't do so without also making the other manager aware that they don't like them.

Not everything has to be done to gain an advantage, besides, even if you were to believe that, they're our competitors for second place.

Needham

Not the thread for it, but I'll be quick: There are many different definitions of what constitutes racism, and a lot of countries operate with a legal definition of racism that includes discrimination on the basis of nationality.

I'm not sure if I'd go so far as to label it racist, but I'd definitely call it ugly stereotyping. "Russians love doping" and "Italians are serial cheats" are not exactly glowing endorsements, are they?
I guess for a generalising statement like this to be even halfway true, you'd have to be invited into a Russian home and offered a syringe of something performance enhancing after dinner. Picture the scene.

crossy1686

career ending
As much as I love all this savagery, why is Jose taking aim at Conte and not Pep? Is it because Pep's not biting or is it because Jose wants to see Chelsea crash and burn?

Womp

idiot
As much as I love all this savagery, why is Jose taking aim at Conte and not Pep? Is it because Pep's not biting or is it because Jose wants to see Chelsea crash and burn?
He didn't take aim at anyone. He was talking about himself and Conte got misguided by the press into thinking it was about him

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Jose isn't taking dig at anyone. It's just stupid Conte is defensive and thinks everything is about him.

GloryHunter07

Jose was coming across all conciliatory and saying he didnt blame Conte etc, it was the media... then he drops the hammer :lol::lol::eek::lol::lol:

slir32

He absolutely destroyed Conte and covered himself from getting in any trouble with the comment "did he? Not me". :lol:

SammyUnited_83

Bloody brilliant. The last 2 interviews showing Jose getting back to his best.

Some real unity on the pitch yesterday also, much more of the same please.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I always thought the clown comment was aimed at Klopp. Not sure why Conte got all worked up.

Darkhorsez

This all started with Conte not understanding journalists questions a while back. If you see Mou’s interview he actually blames the press more but with that comment at end, I think he is sending a message back to him to take more care responding and that he can also mixing it up if needed. Conte is clearly out of his depth dealing with pointy questions from the press. This is going to be fun now and can’t wait for the match at Old Trafford now.

Nikelesh Reddy

Round two, after the "Mourinho season" dig and the retort "I won't lose my hair over this".

After Conte's senile comments Jose blamed the journo but the way he starts this "to end the story" and then drops a bombshell, it's hilarious

"The only thing I want to say to end the story is that, yes, I made mistakes in the past on the touchline, yes, I will make less, but I think I will still make a few, what never happened to me, and will never happen, is to be suspended for match fixing. That never happened to me, and will never happen."
I"m glad that Jose hit back hard,Conte crossed the line of decency when he called Jose senile,he needed to be put in his place and I"m glad that Jose has put him in his place....

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Where do you pull this garbage from?

He wasn't manager of Italy at the time and was in august of 2012 the ban was starting

2016 when he was acquitted. Juventus, the dirtiest team in the world. They bough and bought titles by the pound. I wouldn't be proud if I was a fan. So when you wanna talk about garbage, lets talk about your team, huh?

Fluctuation0161

They are going to win it in bundesligaesque fashion whether you like it or not. Given that these two manage the two clubs that have the resources to readdress the situation, that's where their energy should be.
Yes, those 7 minutes in the press conference should be being used to tap up the next Ronaldo.

It’s not like the clubs are hampering any long term plans with this. Apart from the fact that maybe Conte will crumble.

Last edited:

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
They are both deflecting the attention from the fact that they haven't even come close to challenging for the title!
Conte has the last year's league title to fall back on, depite spending less. Mourinho needs to win something big, and fast, for the second year in a row things aren't going according to the plan so he's getting desperate and goes to back to his usual 'let's stir the shit' routine. If the first place was within reach and he was taking a shot at Pep, you could almost understand the logic behind it. But the title is gone, he knows it and the pressure to deliver something big is mounting. Unless he pulls a miracle and wins the CL this year, he'll have to spend another fortune and pray third time's the charm for him at United in 2018-19. The problem is, his third season is when things normally start to go south for him anywhere he works. I'm not looking forward to his next meltdown and I still respect what he's done for Chelsea, but at times the man is his own worst enemy. When he's on top, he's a sight to behold. But when things start falling apart, he'll turn on everyone, including his own players and fans. I've seen it happen.

That's the thing, Mourinho wasn't necessarily talking about Conte. Why did your manager feel targeted ? There are many managers all around the world who acts like idiots on the touchline as a testimony of "passion". If the question is asked to a manager who isn't as stupid as Conte, he easily deflects and says something like "I don't feel concerned by this".
That was just dumb of Conte to bite the bait, he should have just ignored it. I guess at that moment for whatever reason his emotions were running high and he reacted.

VanGaalEra

so is calling him senile. Also it would tarnish his achievement if true even if it clearly has nothign to do with Jose.
Everything against Porto was domestic based, José biggest achievement with them was in Europe. It wouldn’t tarnish his legacy one bit.

exit35

I have missed having a manager that takes a digg at the opposition now and then. I grew up watching SAF doing it and it adds a bit more flavour to the games.

Wow didn't know Conte was suspended for match fixing...
Neither did Mourinho ;)

Bestietom

This will only get nasty. I can see the fa stepping in here or maybe the clubs will have to put a stop to it.

Alabaster Codify7

"Ladies and gentlemen, referee Herb Dean has called a stop to this contest at 11:39am on Saturday, January 6th 2018, declaring the winner by TKO......Jose Mourinho!"

simplyared

Liked the way Jose explained the fact that he was only talking about himself on the subject of his passion and it having nothing to do with his actions or body language on the side of the pitch and nothing to do with anybody else. So far so good. He should have left it there. But then, for some reason, he doesn't seem satisfied with that and feels he must give Conte a further dig by bringing match fixing into the equation. Imo totally out of context. Unnecessary and meaningless!

The red panther

princess transfer emo
I just wish he showed some of this fight on the pitch instead of in the press room.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Funny those who talk about only caring about 'winning game' or 'on the pitch' matters join a football forum and contribute to its content. Maybe should just stick to looking at livescore for score.