Moyes to appoint Neville, Round and others

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Round up Neville, take him to the Woods, Steele his car keys and lighter so he can't Cooke or Rene away. It will be the most aMoyesing prank ever, unlike this post.

Sam

How has Phil Neville harvested anything? And it doesn't need much insight to understand that Meulensteen had much more experience. Ugh, the whitewash on here.

And for the record: I don't care what Fergie did or what Mourinho does with their backroom stuff. They have managed top sides, they are proven, they know how to handle the pressure. Moyes on the other hand is an unknown quantity to me. Managing Everton doesn't count.
:lol::lol::lol:

feck me. We've hit new lows.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Dear Alex Ferguson,

Thanks for your interest in the role of Manchester United manager. Unfortunately you have not been considered for the position, because - fairly obviously - managing Aberdeen doesn't count.

Best regards,

Lailiani, Oct 1986

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Didn't read all the pages of the thread so don't mind me if i'm wrong but he needs a chance to do leave his mark. His staff at Everton haven't been living under a rock they are a team that did a great job at Everton so he has decided to bring them with him. He needs his own people not Fergie's people with him at the helm. Phil will be a decent assistant manager he understands the club and what we stand for and he also knows Moyes so he will be able to help him. Phil is familiar with the senior players who run the dressing room to an extent.

Hopefully Phil is as insightful and knowledgeable as Gary about football but I think he will do well. Moyes has always struck me someone who has wanted to play good football and with an interest in youth and i'm happy he's doing everything to make the players understand he is the manager now and Fergie is gone. They have to build new relationships and nobody will get by on past merit I personally look forward to the new era. I anticipate a settling in period but I feel he will do well.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I just don't think Phil is getting an Assistant Manager role. That seems unlikely. Coach, maybe. If he's bringing Round in, seems much more likely he would be the no. 2.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
That doesn't even make sense to be honest. He's a professional either retiring this season or moving to another club to play more football. Based upon the fact he attends training sessions, he surely knows how to conduct one, no?

Some of the sensationalist people in this threads are absolutely ridiculous. Moyes is manager now, why not let him get his team in place, see how they do and then judge their work after games have been played? It's as though some people are just looking for any excuse to throw their RAWK shirts on and get the "Moyes OUT" banners going.

Some people here seem to be oblivious of what the first team coach actually does.
No. Just attending training sessions doesn't mean that you can take them, much in the same way that watching a top chef cook means that you are able to run the kitchen in a fine dining restaurant without any practice.

For the rest of your post, if you're referring to me based on this post;

I see the other moves as likely and sensible given what's happened but I can't see a noobie coming in and being given full control over training sessions with the top squad in the country. It would be madness.

I would love to see Nev return but as an assistant coach first until he learns the ropes.
...then you should know I stand by it. Of course now it has come to light that Moyes himself will be running the sessions and any other coaches will be assisting him so Phil's appointment makes sense.

Also, I have been one of those who has been heralding Moyes as SAF's successor since 2009 so I doubt greatly if I'm now looking for an excuse to put a Moyes Out shirt on.

Perhaps you should look a little deeper before attacking someones viewpoint. One top might be to actually see if that is a view that they hold. :rolleyes:

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Does Meulesteen have more experience than Phil Neville or doesn't he?

Do Fergie and Mourinho have more experience than Moyes at the top level or don't they?
I think this proves my point.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Dear Alex Ferguson,

Thanks for your interest in the role of Manchester United manager. Unfortunately you have not been considered for the position, because - fairly obviously - managing Aberdeen doesn't count.

Best regards,

Lailiani, Oct 1986
To be fair, what Ferguson achieved at Aberdeen was way, way beyond what Moyes achieved at Everton. Still stupid to say what Moyes did doesn't count though...

Amir

Managers and coaches, just like players, just need a chance. Moyes and his team did terrific stuff with Everton, pretty much maximized what you'd expect (though I know some people would expect a League cup or an FA Cup). Whose to say they can't make the step up, easily even, with better players and better resources?

Fergie always talked about giving young players a stage, giving new players a better platform.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Phil Neville is so highly regarded he has been invited to the England Under-21 coaching staff. We hardly knew how intelligent Gary was prior to taking over as Sky pundit, and now also coaching at national level.

Sam

Next Moyesy will be firing the coach driver...where will it end?
I fear for the tea lady. I just hope Moyes doesnt bring in the tea lady from Everton. Her tea doesnt count.

Sultan

I personally just think it's a sentimentality issue with fans.

Rene was hardly known before taking up duties at United, as were Steele. If anything Phelan must have been something special to have come up through the ranks and ended up being number 2 at a club of United's stature.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Yeah but lets be honest, has Phil Neville actually done anything in Football? Manchester United doesn't count.

Sultan

He was a better cricketer as a youngster, and his twin sister plays basketball. Surely that should rule him out?

Sultan

He's played over 500 games in the Premiership and over 50 times for England. Played under Sir Alex, Moyes, and under various managers for England.

Just like Guardiola before taking over Barcelona he lacks experience.

Sir A1ex

Don't know if this has been mentioned, not read the whole thread, but...

The Everton fan who sits next to me reckons Phizza has been deeply involved in all the coaching this season, sitting in on all coaching meetings, and taking training sessions etc.

ciderman9000000

The Everton fan who sits next to me reckons Phizza has been deeply involved in all the coaching this season, sitting in on all coaching meetings, and taking training sessions etc.
Does that even count though?

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Phizza is a horrible nickname. Phister would be my choice if I was unfortunate enough to be called Philip.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Does that even count though?
Aye, in my book that would stand for a lot. Doing your badges should also not be underestimated in terms of being able to run sessions. I have only the very basic badges for coaching kids, but the ideas you get and the guidelines for them is very important.

I think the key will be to keep it fun, interesting and difficult for the players at the same time.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs

Take a look on Steve Round's page on Twatter.

ciderman9000000

Aye, in my book that would stand for a lot. Doing your badges should also not be underestimated in terms of being able to run sessions. I have only the very basic badges for coaching kids, but the ideas you get and the guidelines for them is very important.

I think the key will be to keep it fun, interesting and difficult for the players at the same time.
Meh, at Everton though? Doesn't count imo.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I personally just think it's a sentimentality issue with fans.

Rene was hardly known before taking up duties at United, as were Steele. If anything Phelan must have been something special to have come up through the ranks and ended up being number 2 at a club of United's stature.
Of course it is. They don't even know if Steele, Phelan or Rene left at their own accord or not.

Look. A goalkeeping coach for a professional goalkeeper already with 2 seasons under his belt at Manchester United's number 1 isn't going to be the one personally to improve the guy. He's there to keep him in shape. He's going to get tips now and again but he won't be mentored like he would if he were 14.

Rene is being thought of as some kind of training god. The club isn't going to collapse because he leaves. AC Milan routinely collapses but they have supposedly the best backroom staff in the world. If you ask me this paranoia is because of a praise from his fellow countrymen and coworker which is hardly a surprising praise.

These changes don't worry me one bit. Training sessions from club to club in the PL don't vary greatly. There's no one with some kind of secret training method that no one else knows about. Most of training is routine. How match preparations are dealt with is up to the manager.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Dear Alex Ferguson,

Best regards,

Lailiani, Oct 1986
To be fair Aberdeen important honours at both national and international level. Moyes won jack shit.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
There's no question that Fergie's prervious record was more impressive than Moyes'. Hopefully this isn't the most important factor!
I agree. To be fair, Moyes has the same no nonsense character SAF had. I dare to say that we needed Moyes as SAF was mellowing a bit lately. In fact we've seen players overstaying a bit too much (Gaz and Scholes should have retired a year before) and I always struggled to understand how the feck people like Phelan and the former gaffer's brother ended up with such prestigious jobs in the first place

Hopefully Moyes will put the ranks back in place

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's like the CEO of Google retired, and they appointed a new one from Yahoo. Then the new guy fires some important staffs of Google and bring in his buddies from Yahoo. Of course there would be some concern among the Google employees and clients. They are lying if they say otherwise. It's just natural and common sense.