Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Over the last five seasons United have made twenty-four signings:

De Leat, Ljajic, Tosic, Berbatov
Pogba, Diouf, Obertan, Owen, Valencia
Lindegaard, Bebe, Virmijl, Hernandez, Smalling
Scholes, Young, de Gea, Jones
Buttner, Henriquez, van Persie, Goss, Kagawa, Powell

Of those, fifteen I hadn't heard of before hearing of United's interest. That's 63% I hadn't heard of.

When you say 'let's be honest' in the above post, do you really mean 'let's exaggerate'?
I've still barely heard of about 5 of them.

Whats the big deal? Fergie has changed his assistants and backroom staff several times?

Knox, Kidd, McClaren, Carlos, Smith, Carlos, Phelan

new eyes, new ideas

Round comes highly recommended as one of the top young coaches around, similar to the reputation McClaren was getting at Derby before Fergie got him

Woods was a good goalkeeper in his day, i'm sure that DeGea can learn from him

Phil, one of our own. No coaching experience? Who knows what he was doing unofficially at Everton? none of us, thats for sure. If Moyes does give him the job, then he has confidence in his ability. And if he's anything like his brother, he will be a very switched on lad anyway.

Chill out ffs people, enjoy your summer. Its going to be an interesting season!
From what I've seen of Phil talking about football he certainly seems to know his stuff. Translating that to running drills which will improve the players skills and get your ideas across is the next step. That's why I would have had concerns about a new coach running the drills completely but Moyes is very hands on so it's not an issue.

thegreatdane

I'd rather have Gaz as assistant to Moyes tbh! He talks so much sense and he knows the club from the inside more than anyone probably (bar Scholes and Giggs)..

A little nervous about Neville being assistant... Would honestly rather have Meulensteen, he seemed to be well-liked by the players..

acnumber9

One thing to remember in all this is that regardless of style of football or tactics that Everton as a team were far greater than the sum of their parts. A lot of that has to be down to the coaching. Of the things I think we need to be concerned about coaching is low down the list.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Time to make a new thread.

'Does Phil Neville do anything?'

Rednails

The Moyes outfit have a record of turning relatively unknown players into a good team. Who knows what they might do with better players, a bigger budget and the best training facility in the country?

Just a bit nervous about Neville who has no experience of such a big role. Unless he is just going to be a yes man.

Annahnomoss

People are acting like butthurt kids on here. It is customary that the manager brings his own staff and SAF chose to appoint Moyes and is most certainly still having daily talks with him. It is not about whether or not you trust Moyes it is whether or not you trust Sir Alex Ferguson.

All the negative people on here are the type of people who will force an early sack which may turn into a detrimental cycle.

BigWillprunier

Over the last five seasons United have made twenty-four signings:

De Leat, Ljajic, Tosic, Berbatov
Pogba, Diouf, Obertan, Owen, Valencia
Lindegaard, Bebe, Virmijl, Hernandez, Smalling
Scholes, Young, de Gea, Jones
Buttner, Henriquez, van Persie, Goss, Kagawa, Powell

Of those, fifteen I hadn't heard of before hearing of United's interest. That's 63% I hadn't heard of.

When you say 'let's be honest' in the above post, do you really mean 'let's exaggerate'?
Maybe I should have ellaborated a little more, how many of them did you think who are they and then they went on to do great or even good things for us?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'd rather have Gaz as assistant to Moyes tbh! He talks so much sense and he knows the club from the inside more than anyone probably (bar Scholes and Giggs)..

A little nervous about Neville being assistant... Would honestly rather have Meulensteen, he seemed to be well-liked by the players..
wait, so you'd rather Gary Neville was assistant but not Phil, despite Phil being around coaching more than Gary?

Brightonian

Anyone know if Phil Neville has been doing his coaching badges? I know a lot of the players start to move through them during the latter stages of their playing careers.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Anyone know if Phil Neville has been doing his coaching badges? I know a lot of the players start to move through them during the latter stages of their playing careers.
he has completed his coaching badges and in fact will be part of the England U21 coaching setup this summer

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I'm rounding on Round; he's too square, Chris Woods can't see himself for the trees, and I Phil Neville will be out of his depth.

Drifter

American
This was inevitable , but i guess some must have thought it would have been done gradually. What this proves is that Moyes is indeed his own man and will sink or swim from his decisions.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I can't understand how so many have such a good idea of what our coaches do or don't do, let alone Everton's. I don't have the first fecking idea, so I guess I don't really care about any of this.

ciderman9000000

The May rain pours down on the hallowed turf of Old Trafford; it's the final game of the season and David Moyes' much maligned Manchester United team are hosting rivals Manchester City who have been superior to the red devils in all aspects this term - the low-point being an embarrassing 5-0 boxing day loss at Eastlands.

With their stuttering form United find themselves in fifth place; a win here will take them to the Champions League next season though and defeat for City will mean the underdogs Tottenham Hotspur will clinch the title.

The fans have long since forgotten the departed Alex Ferguson's words urging trust at his final game in charge here last year; Moyes has been under heavy fire from the Stretford End for months as one loss after another put paid to dreams of a twenty-first league title.

Two minutes to go and the scoreline remains locked at 0-0. City's 39 goal striker Falcao sends Jones the wrong way causing him to slip on the wet turf; every heart in Manchester stops beating momentarily as the Columbian bears down on de Gea's goal with lethal intent.

De Gea remains calm though; he's thinking about what Chris Woods said to him this morning; that Falcao always shoots to high and to the left in one-on-one situations. Just inside the penalty area Falcao unleashes a thunderbolt; but before foot connects with ball de Gea is already in mid-dive; he soars majestically towards his top right corner to meet the shot.

Falcao shot low and to the other side though. feck Chris Woods! De Gea says to himself as he's picking the ball from the back of the net.

The game gets underway with a minute on the clock plus injury time. Steve Round is screaming to Fellaini from the bench to get the ball forward to Mirallas who's yet to score a goal in 2014. Fellaini has other ideas though; he remembers what Phil Neville told him this morning. At least, he tries to! What did he say?! Phil Neville's inexperience meant that his instructions weren't very clear and the big Belgian didn't really catch head nor tail of it!

In this moment of indecision the rampaging 28 goal Spaniard Isco nicks the ball from the feet of Fellaini and charges forward, skipping past Leighton Baines and fires one to de Gea's top right corner of the goal. Isco's fellow countryman wasn't concentrating though; he was reminiscing about how much he liked working with Eric Steele back in the good old days.

The ball hits the back of the net. 2-0 to City. Before the final whistle City score seven more goals, marking the heaviest defeat at Old Trafford in Manchester United's history. The City players win the league and Moyes' men have to watch from the pitch, in tears as the trophy is hoisted by the better team.

To make matters worse Liverpool win the Champions League after they replaced United in the competition as a punishment to Moyes for trying to tap-up Jordan Henderson in the summer (Henderson refused to entertain the idea of joining United citing Moyes' inability to attract players of his calibre to the club as his reasoning).

Watching quietly from the stands, Sir Alex sheds a single tear whilst the ghost of Sir Matt Busby explodes in a hail of shit-coloured ectoplasm, some of which gets into Sir Bobby Charlton's mouth and chokes him whilst the ghost of Dennis Law wails incoherently and 62 goal Arsenal center forward Wayne Rooney laughs and laughs and laughs.

Not to be continued.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The prospect of Gary Neville as part of the set up would be exciting. Less so Phil, but only for now.

Giggsy will surely be joining him in 2014. What's going on with Scholes? May as well give Beckham a role while we're at it (I thought he excelled as England's cheerleader at whatever tournament it was). Nicky Butt, too. The future is... the past.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Like getting rid of successful and experienced staff and replacing it by staff from Everton?
I bet you went mental when Fergie employed Carlos Quiroz (From South Africa), Steve Mclaren (From Derby), Eric Steele (From Blackburn), Rene Meulensteen (From Al-Sadd), Paul McGuinness (From Chester City) and Richard Hawkins (From West Brom).

What was he thinking employing people like that?
:D

Some people on here are fecking clueless, they really are.

Put it this way- it would seem, from the outside at least, that the Everton management & backroom staff harvested every ounce of ability from the squads they've had during Moyes' tenure. They're obviously very good at what they do.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
It's really really mental shit. Like anyone here actually knows the quality of Everton's coaching staff to even make comparisons against in the first place.

Cina

I know the quality of them, I'm great at reading people by looking at them. I can tell by your beard that you are a better man then me.

PS - When I look in the mirror for example, I see myself, a twat.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
:D

Some people on here are fecking clueless, they really are.

Put it this way- it would seem, from the outside at least, that the Everton management & backroom staff harvested every ounce of ability from the squads they've had during Moyes' tenure. They're obviously very good at what they do.
How has Phil Neville harvested anything? And it doesn't need much insight to understand that Meulensteen had much more experience. Ugh, the whitewash on here.

And for the record: I don't care what Fergie did or what Mourinho does with their backroom stuff. They have managed top sides, they are proven, they know how to handle the pressure. Moyes on the other hand is an unknown quantity to me. Managing Everton doesn't count.

Platato

Psst!
People are acting like butthurt kids on here. It is customary that the manager brings his own staff and SAF chose to appoint Moyes and is most certainly still having daily talks with him. It is not about whether or not you trust Moyes it is whether or not you trust Sir Alex Ferguson.

All the negative people on here are the type of people who will force an early sack which may turn into a detrimental cycle.
What a sweeping generalisation. I doubt anyone is actually at that point

Decotron

How has Phil Neville harvested anything? And it doesn't need much insight to understand that Meulensteen had much more experience. Ugh, the whitewash on here.

And for the record: I don't care what Fergie did or what Mourinho does with their backroom stuff. They have managed top sides, they are proven, they know how to handle the pressure. Moyes on the other hand is an unknown quantity to me. Managing Everton doesn't count.
So much fecking utter nonsense that spouts from this log in at times :houllier:

Hectic

Supports
30fps

I think your forum access might have to be removed. Your stupidity doesn't actually know any limits.

Danillaco

The May rain pours down on the hallowed turf of Old Trafford; it's the final game of the season and David Moyes' much maligned Manchester United team are hosting rivals Manchester City who have been superior to the red devils in all aspects this term - the low-point being an embarrassing 5-0 boxing day loss at Eastlands.

With their stuttering form United find themselves in fifth place; a win here will take them to the Champions League next season though and defeat for City will mean the underdogs Tottenham Hotspur will clinch the title.

The fans have long since forgotten the departed Alex Ferguson's words urging trust at his final game in charge here last year; Moyes has been under heavy fire from the Stretford End for months as one loss after another put paid to dreams of a twenty-first league title.

Two minutes to go and the scoreline remains locked at 0-0. City's 39 goal striker Falcao sends Jones the wrong way causing him to slip on the wet turf; every heart in Manchester stops beating momentarily as the Columbian bears down on de Gea's goal with lethal intent.

De Gea remains calm though; he's thinking about what Chris Woods said to him this morning; that Falcao always shoots to high and to the left in one-on-one situations. Just inside the penalty area Falcao unleashes a thunderbolt; but before foot connects with ball de Gea is already in mid-dive; he soars majestically towards his top right corner to meet the shot.

Falcao shot low and to the other side though. feck Chris Woods! De Gea says to himself as he's picking the ball from the back of the net.

The game gets underway with a minute on the clock plus injury time. Steve Round is screaming to Fellaini from the bench to get the ball forward to Mirallas who's yet to score a goal in 2014. Fellaini has other ideas though; he remembers what Phil Neville told him this morning. At least, he tries to! What did he say?! Phil Neville's inexperience meant that his instructions weren't very clear and the big Belgian didn't really catch head nor tail of it!

In this moment of indecision the rampaging 28 goal Spaniard Isco nicks the ball from the feet of Fellaini and charges forward, skipping past Leighton Baines and fires one to de Gea's top right corner of the goal. Isco's fellow countryman wasn't concentrating though; he was reminiscing about how much he liked working with Eric Steele back in the good old days.

The ball hits the back of the net. 2-0 to City. Before the final whistle City score seven more goals, marking the heaviest defeat at Old Trafford in Manchester United's history. The City players win the league and Moyes' men have to watch from the pitch, in tears as the trophy is hoisted by the better team.

To make matters worse Liverpool win the Champions League after they replaced United in the competition as a punishment to Moyes for trying to tap-up Jordan Henderson in the summer (Henderson refused to entertain the idea of joining United citing Moyes' inability to attract players of his calibre to the club as his reasoning).

Watching quietly from the stands, Sir Alex sheds a single tear whilst the ghost of Sir Matt Busby explodes in a hail of shit-coloured ectoplasm, some of which gets into Sir Bobby Charlton's mouth and chokes him whilst the ghost of Dennis Law wails incoherently and 62 goal Arsenal center forward Wayne Rooney laughs and laughs and laughs.

Not to be continued.
This is awesome! :lol:

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I see the other moves as likely and sensible given what's happened but I can't see a noobie coming in and being given full control over training sessions with the top squad in the country. It would be madness.

I would love to see Nev return but as an assistant coach first until he learns the ropes.
That doesn't even make sense to be honest. He's a professional either retiring this season or moving to another club to play more football. Based upon the fact he attends training sessions, he surely knows how to conduct one, no?

Some of the sensationalist people in this threads are absolutely ridiculous. Moyes is manager now, why not let him get his team in place, see how they do and then judge their work after games have been played? It's as though some people are just looking for any excuse to throw their RAWK shirts on and get the "Moyes OUT" banners going.

Some people here seem to be oblivious of what the first team coach actually does.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Does Tony Adams have more experience than Phil Neville or doesn't he?

Does Avram Grant have more experience than Moyes at the top level or doesn't he?