Moyes to appoint Neville, Round and others

LR7

And who cares if they're being drama queens, it's a fecking forum. I honestly do not see the big deal from either perspective. There are those who whinge when change comes and those who don't. What annoys me is when people laugh with the impression, "haha how can you be so dumb to question these events". It's what they feel as part of being a fan and you want them to feel bad about it? I sympathise because some fans have never seen change before so the reactions aren't really that surprising. It's what can happen when you have your security blanket ripped from under you.
Who knows how it will work out but the notion that fans should have zero concerns about transplanting Everton's staff to United is ridiculous, I'm not seeing any meltdowns, just people saying they aren't keen on the idea. It'll be interesting to see how well those throwing names around and acting like keyboard warriors act if things go tits up.
Good posts.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Bit of an overreaction by some people I think. We had to expect that some of the backroom staff would be changed now that we have a new manager. Sure we lose some united experience in the process, but it is hardly the end of the world. I'd prefer Moyes to have people around him that know how to get the best out of people in Moye's systems than people that are trying to learn a new manager style and coach at the same time.

Plus we have lost four people, none of which we really know exactly what their actual day to day role involves. How many staff are staying on? plenty I would bet. So the experience of winning and all that will still be with the club.

The only possibly negative I can get from this news report is Neville being thrown right into the deep end. But then I doubt he will be given a high up job to start with, and will just be another coach. Even then people have been calling for Scholes to get straight into the coaching, so why the worry about Neville doing it, purely because he isn't a current united player.

All this backroom staff stuff should really be ignored by us fans. We don't know how the clubs are run, or what position does what or how. So lets just wait and see what happens. If we drop down the ladder, then we can start complaining about all these changes, until then I'm going to view them as necessary changes by Moyes for him to get the most out of the team.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
10 quid says we go for tim cahill from Sydney next; to give us some midfield options.

Or wherever he is now

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
To be fair, it's not like Evertons scouts have been huge disappointments over the last few years. They have made some cracking acquisitions with the likes of Jelavic and Fellaini - who, like it or not, has been an incredibly effective player for them.

It's also nice to see Phil Neville coming home, hopefully his brother will follow suit.

My main disappointment is Rene leaving, but on the balance of things we can't expect everything to stay the same like this. If we expect Moyes to stick around for a long time then he needs to have full control over his back room team. I could understand if it was only an interim position that we wouldn't want him making any changes to long serving staff, but Moyes will be around for a while.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Wait, so Moyes isn't going to don a rubber Fergie mask and just take up his place in the dugout hoping no one notices?

Can we cancel the contract?

Knew we should have got Mourinho, he wouldn't have touched the backroom team, and we'd get Ronaldo.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I can't see what there is to be nervous about. Moyes is going to bring his own staff in and Rene Meulensteen appears to have not wanted the job he was offered.

Heard a lot of good things about Steve Round and the level of preparation Moyes and his staff put into their training and match preparation.

It's not huge upheaval.
As long as we don't start the season like Everton usually do.:nervous:

Backrow Singer

Two ways of looking at this. Personally, I think it's a bad move, but Moyes has to stamp his own mark on things if he is going to succeed at United, and this is a step in the right direction in that respect. Signings like Felaini, Jelavic and even Baines turned out to be quality additions; especially when you consider the budget they had to work with. They can obviously spot a good player, and with the extra funds available, hopefully that can be continued.

What I will say is that the relentless streak that we had has now gone to some extent. People often fail to appreciate just how important these men leaving we're to the football club, and the role they played behind the scenes. We are talking about experienced coaches who know the club inside out, and most importantly, what it takes to be a winner. They knew what had to be done in every situation, and although Moyes is a decent coach, he lacks that, and the pressure is now on the likes of Giggs, Ferdinand etc.. to keep those standards up, and to make sure we keep them going.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
So long as he sticks to coaching and doesn't do a Scholes.

Certainly don't want "Midfield Crisis. Phil Neville given the #22 shirt" pinging across the bottom of Sky Sports News in yellow.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Absolutely. Along with Pat Rice they are the dogs bollocks. Glowing endorsement if ever there was one.

Spoony

The People's President
All managers want their own backroom staff. Fergie brought Archie Knox and co from Aberdeen. It's hardly something to get hysterical about.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
So much for United being a 'family' club where everyone knows their names from the tea lady to the Gov.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Rene and Martin Ferguson looks like they were leaving anyway irrespective whether Moyes wants them or not.

Amir

Despite what people may thing, Manchester United hasn't invented coaching. Some good coaches are out there. Some of them, shock and horror, may be better than ours. The new ideas may actually be positive as well.

I know it's a shock to the system because we're so used to complete stability, but this is the thing that happens when a new manager arrives. In many cases it's a whole clear out.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Was he? I have never about that. If true, it should hopefully calm the need to press panic buttons.
According to the reports, Moyes rates him and wanted him to stay but Rene wants another try at management. Fair play to the guy and its natural that now Fergie is leaving, he wants to try different things.

Cina

I think it's a good thing personally, it's a sign of intent from Moyes that he's not just going to rest on his laurels, he actually wants to impose himself on the club and build his own structure. Obviously it's not nice to see such long standing coaches go, but it was necessary.

BigWillprunier

Obviously Moyes is a lot more hands on during training sessions which is why it makes sense in a way that we are letting Rene go.
By bringing in P.Nev I think he is trying to instill some continuity, yes he has been away from the club for quite a while but he still knows how things were run on a day to day basis under the gaffer and we have got to remember that we have still got Giggs and Scholes who I am sure Moyes will use in some capacity.
It's natural to feel a little uneasy with so many changes happening at once after years of little to no change but we honestly don't know how things will pan out and who knows it might turn out to be a masterstroke.
As far as the scout changes are concerned I am quite excited by it, our current scouting system has hardly pulled up any trees in terms of identifying unknown rough diamonds recently have they?
If you look at our signings over the past five years, how many players have we signed and thought "who are they", let's be honest 99% of the signings we have made could have been identified by anyone of us.

ciderman9000000

If you look at our signings over the past five years, how many players have we signed and thought "who are they", let's be honest 99% of the signings we have made could have been identified by anyone of us.
Over the last five seasons United have made twenty-four signings:

De Leat, Ljajic, Tosic, Berbatov
Pogba, Diouf, Obertan, Owen, Valencia
Lindegaard, Bebe, Virmijl, Hernandez, Smalling
Scholes, Young, de Gea, Jones
Buttner, Henriquez, van Persie, Goss, Kagawa, Powell

Of those, fifteen I hadn't heard of before hearing of United's interest. That's 63% I hadn't heard of.

When you say 'let's be honest' in the above post, do you really mean 'let's exaggerate'?

humdinger

Phil nev coming back is a good thing. Not too chuffed with Rene going but we can't stop him if he wants to.

Godfather

I for one think it's exciting. Those guys did a pretty good job with fairly limited finanicial resources at Everton. They will be hungry for success. This makes me look forward to the new season. Nice to hear Phil comes back as well, hopefully he'll do a good job, he's the only one new to the coaching stuff but I'm sure hell make it.

Godfather

Over the last five seasons United have made twenty-four signings:

De Leat, Ljajic, Tosic, Berbatov
Pogba, Diouf, Obertan, Owen, Valencia
Lindegaard, Bebe, Virmijl, Hernandez, Smalling
Scholes, Young, de Gea, Jones
Buttner, Henriquez, van Persie, Goss, Kagawa, Powell

Of those, fifteen I hadn't heard of before hearing of United's interest. That's 63% I hadn't heard of.
And this is why I don't have a problem with replacing our scout. We had our fair share of shit transfers over the years as well, so don't know what the fuss is all about.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Whats the big deal? Fergie has changed his assistants and backroom staff several times?

Knox, Kidd, McClaren, Carlos, Smith, Carlos, Phelan

new eyes, new ideas

Round comes highly recommended as one of the top young coaches around, similar to the reputation McClaren was getting at Derby before Fergie got him

Woods was a good goalkeeper in his day, i'm sure that DeGea can learn from him

Phil, one of our own. No coaching experience? Who knows what he was doing unofficially at Everton? none of us, thats for sure. If Moyes does give him the job, then he has confidence in his ability. And if he's anything like his brother, he will be a very switched on lad anyway.

Chill out ffs people, enjoy your summer. Its going to be an interesting season!