Moyes to appoint Neville, Round and others

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Can anyone name any world class coaches at Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Does Meulesteen have more experience than Phil Neville or doesn't he?

Do Fergie and Mourinho have more experience than Moyes at the top level or don't they?
Nobody was ever going to have the same level of experiece as Fergie.

Whats this got to do with Jose?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Clarke, Wilkins, Platt, Bould have all been or have become coaches at these clubs mainly due to their experience of playing in the England just like Phil Neville.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I could name some world class bellends.
That's not difficult though!

It's bizarre looking at all this moaning. Moyes was surely gonna bring some of his staff in. Not sure why people expected anything different.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Steve Round sounds like a name I could get angry at when things arn't going well. I feel this appointment will work well.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
As a like-for-like replacement, as far as I can tell due to my superior knowledge of Everton's coaching staff, Steve Round is the perfect replacement for Mike Phelan.

Both of them do feck all. On the plus side, one of them is highly rated on FM while the other wears shorts. I'll let you do the math.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
From FM or IRL?

I feel the problem is the posters who actually know something about it (from biographies I guess) get drowned out by the babble.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
People are acting like butthurt kids on here. It is customary that the manager brings his own staff and SAF chose to appoint Moyes and is most certainly still having daily talks with him. It is not about whether or not you trust Moyes it is whether or not you trust Sir Alex Ferguson.
Low blow, one point deducted.

ciderman9000000

From FM or IRL?

I feel the problem is the posters who actually know something about it (from biographies I guess) get drowned out by the babble.
I've looked all over for Steve Round's autobiography, but those things must have flown off the shelves as everywhere seems to have sold out!

gza the genius

I've looked all over for Steve Round's autobiography, but those things must have flown off the shelves as everywhere seems to have sold out!
You wouldn't want his autobiography, he's obviously going to talk himself up.

Real clued in posters get every autobiography of every player/coach he's ever worked with so they can get an unbiased view.

LR7

Are people not allowed to express concern about their lack of CL experience for example? Why can nobody question any decision Moyes makes all on a sudden? It's odd. It doesn't mean they're against him.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
So we didn't buy Bilbao or Dortmund, we bought Everton! :D

Who knows how it will work out but the notion that fans should have zero concerns about transplanting Everton's staff to United is ridiculous, I'm not seeing any meltdowns, just people saying they aren't keen on the idea. It'll be interesting to see how well those throwing names around and acting like keyboard warriors act if things go tits up.
Some of the usual suspects just like to enter certain threads and attempt to dismiss the ongoing discussion with a few jaded platitudes or extreme gereralisations, and the latter not actually reflecting the nature of the debate in many cases.

An individual accuses another of being a moron whilst behaving like the dolt of the day in the process.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Are people not allowed to express concern about their lack of CL experience for example? Why can nobody question any decision Moyes makes all on a sudden? It's odd. It doesn't mean they're against him.
My concern like everyone was Ferguson retiring. It’s been a concern for many years.

I doubt anyone is sure of what will happen, but best thing is not to go hysterical now when he hasn’t even started his job.

If it all goes tits up everyone can go nuts.

The Neviller

As a like-for-like replacement, as far as I can tell due to my superior knowledge of Everton's coaching staff, Steve Round is the perfect replacement for Mike Phelan.

Both of them do feck all. On the plus side, one of them is highly rated on FM while the other wears shorts. I'll let you do the math.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
FFS. :lol:

You over sensitive bunch of pussies. No-one is saying people can't question Moyes. Not at all. What people are laughing at is the OTT reactions and blaming Moyes for things out of his control or assuming these coaches are shit when they know nothing about them.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Over the last five seasons United have made twenty-four signings:

De Leat, Ljajic, Tosic, Berbatov
Pogba, Diouf, Obertan, Owen, Valencia
Lindegaard, Bebe, Virmijl, Hernandez, Smalling
Scholes, Young, de Gea, Jones
Buttner, Henriquez, van Persie, Goss, Kagawa, Powell

Of those, fifteen I hadn't heard of before hearing of United's interest. That's 63% I hadn't heard of.

When you say 'let's be honest' in the above post, do you really mean 'let's exaggerate'?
I'll make this into something more meaningful

Order of known:
Scholes (does this really count just coming out of retirement! 7/10)
Owen (continued like the rest of his latter career - injured, but great 8.5/10)
Van Persie (9/10 signing, easy buy)
Young (has been a 6-6.5/10 signing!
Berbatov (Looked 9/10 at Spurs, reached 8/10 in one season at United, otherwise about 6.5-7)
Valencia (has varied from 9/10 to 6/10 in performances)
Kagawa (Known for his German exploits 7.5/10 signing potential 9/10)
De Gea (Known for his UEFA cup exploits 9/10 signing)

I'd call that 8/24 very well to worthy of knowing signings

Jones (still known for work at Blackburn, but not exactly commonly known 7/10 signing, 9/10 potential)
Powell (was lots of talk about him being signed from multiple teams before United, too early to assess)
Smalling (glimpses at Fulham, but hardly well known)

3/24 conceivably known

Well rated youngsters and thus known by those who dig a bit deeper:
Ljajic, Pogba, Hernandez, Buttner, Henriquez, Lindegaard

Dig a lot deeper!
De Leat, Tosic, Diouf, Obertan, Bebe, Virmijl, Goss

ciderman9000000

Simply questioning is fair enough,to an extent, I suppose. It's the airing of strong views in opposition that doesn't make any sense. As supporters we're never going to know very much about what goes on behind the scenes at a football club; David Moyes is infinitely more clued up about this than all of ourselves put together can ever dream of being. Why then anyone on the caf can feel they're justified in labeling the manager's decisions as being 'awful', 'bizarre', 'madness' etc. is bewildering to be honest. Can't you just accept your own absolute ignorance in these matters, acknowledge Moyes' expertise and come to terms with the changes occurring at the club? What makes anyone on here think they know better than David Moyes himself who best to be his assistant and head coach is anyone's guess. Nobody said you can't question any decision he makes as manager of our club, but at least make an attempt to pick a decision you have the slightest chance of knowing the first thing about beforere relentlessly banging on about how little sense it all makes to you.

Mainoldo

Bloody hell. What am i reading. Considering we know frig all about back room staff everyone's an expert. I see people moaning about Phil Neville, considering Solskjaer got appoint reserve team manager and won the league first time round i wouldn't make much of the experience thing. Lets be honest too for the last 2years this hasn't been vintiage United football so maybe it needs change.

*check out Phil Neville's views on being a coach, its somewhere on YouTube and its a good watch*

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Simply questioning is fair enough,to an extent, I suppose. It's the airing of strong views in opposition that doesn't make any sense. As supporters we're never going to know very much about what goes on behind the scenes at a football club; David Moyes is infinitely more clued up about this than all of ourselves put together can ever dream of being. Why then anyone on the caf can feel they're justified in labeling the manager's decisions as being 'awful', 'bizarre', 'madness' etc. is bewildering to be honest. Can't you just accept your own absolute ignorance in these matters, acknowledge Moyes' expertise and come to terms with the changes occurring at the club? What makes anyone on here think they know better than David Moyes himself who best to be his assistant and head coach is anyone's guess. Nobody said you can't question any decision he makes as manager of our club, but at least make an attempt to pick a decision you have the slightest chance of knowing the first thing about beforere relentlessly banging on about how little sense it all makes to you.
I now remember why Cider was so admired in the past.

Spot on, mate.

manusteve

First off, i don't think Round being appointed as the new assistant manager is even a key part of this debate so the posts i have seen alluding to such are projecting an opposition viewpoint which is thin on the forum.

As for Steele, Rene, Phil's place on the coaching staff, people can and have been making rational if subjecting points so far as the other staff positions go. Moyes knowing one thing or it suiting his plan should hardly preclude others from having preferences in a post-Fergie era. Now whether this be brining in a coach from the Bundesliga for example or maintaining an obviously identifiable face from the previously experienced regime in the short term, a reasoned case can be made.
Can you revise and re-post because perhaps your thoughts may be very interesting? However, quite frankly, I am unable to establish one way or another, because your post was poorly written.

This is not a joke, by the way...;)

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Can you revise and re-post because perhaps your thoughts may be very interesting? However, quite frankly, I am unable to establish one way or another, because your post was poorly written.

This is not a joke, by the way...;)
Don't you dare revise it, Nick.

It's a cracker!

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Bloody hell. What am i reading. Considering we know frig all about back room staff everyone's an expert. I see people moaning about Phil Neville, considering Solskjaer got appoint reserve team manager and won the league first time round i wouldn't make much of the experience thing. Lets be honest too for the last 2years this hasn't been vintiage United football so maybe it needs change.

*check out Phil Neville's views on being a coach, its somewhere on YouTube and its a good watch*
Indeed, a first team coach who learned the game under Fergie, can't be a bad thing can it?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I haven't a notion how how good most coaches actually are, but I know from reading interviews with players and from pieces that have been written about United that Rene was a very highly rated coach. It's a shame he has left.

As for the replacements, obviously it would have been preferable if we'd poached some ridiculously talented, innovative, experienced, wonder-coach, but something tells me there's not too many of them around. If these are the guys that Moyes wants then that's fine, we've gotta trust him on this kind of thing. Do any of us actually have any kind of clue as to how good these guys are?

Castia

Losing Rene and appointing an inexperienced first team coach sounds like a disaster even if it is P.Neville. Without sounding like a cnut it's not good to lose all these winners from the backroom staff and appointing people who are used to coaching at a completely different level. I understand the Assistant manager position but the rest is starting to look quite bizarre.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
I am stricken with mortification at this moment.

I clearly have too many tabs on the go for that obviously wasn't meant to have been posted yet.

I don't think that Round being appointed as the new assistant manager is even a key part of this debate, the posts i have seen which allude to such taking place are simply projecting an opposition viewpoint to suit their reply.

As for Steele, Rene, Phil's place on the coaching staff, people can and have been making rational if subjecting points so far as the other staff positions go. Moyes knowing one thing or it suiting his plan should hardly preclude others from having preferences in a post-Fergie era. Now whether this be brining in a coach from the Bundesliga for example or maintaining an obviously identifiable face from the previously experienced regime in the short term, a reasoned case can be made.
Those who know me could assure you that my speech isn't riddled with typos and a complete lack of grammar. Although if i had to talk through a keyboard i'd clearly be fecked. lol Except i suppose that is what a forum actually is right *sigh* i'm logging off for the month.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Noodlehair dislikes this.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I am stricken with mortification at this moment.

I clearly have too many tabs on the go for that obviously wasn't meant to have been posted yet.

Those who know me could assure you that my speech isn't riddled with typos and a complete lack of grammar. Although if i had to talk through a keyboard i'd clearly be fecked. lol Except i suppose that is what a forum actually is right *sigh* i'm logging off for the month.
:lol: come back soon, Nick!

Laphroaig

Well rated youngsters and thus known by those who dig a bit deeper:
Ljajic, Pogba, Hernandez, Buttner, Henriquez, Lindegaard

Dig a lot deeper!
De Leat, Tosic, Diouf, Obertan, Bebe, Virmijl, Goss
Is this based on FM or something? Otherwise surely Diouf and Lindegaard belong in the same bracket as players who did well in the Norwegian league and not a lot more than that. Wellknown to noggies, unknown to everyone else.