Mykhaylo Mudryk

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Oddly enough, this also parallels the career of Lazar Markovic.
Bloody hell, what a blast from the past. I remember the hype around him. He was linked with Chelsea and Arsenal and both fanbases were gutted to lose out on him :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I won't sell my Mudryk stocks just yet. I'm staying the course. There's something there.

Conor

He looks like the spoiled brat son of a Russian mobster in a John Wick type movie.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

He reminds me Milos Krasic. A serbian winger that was pretty fast and got hyped up after I beleve a good CL campaign with CSKA Moscow, Juventus signed him and it became quickly obvious that he was very limited. Not necessarily bad but very limited.
Had to google him to confirm you're on about the guy I thought you were. I remember seeing him at Old Trafford years ago when we drew 3-3 with CSKA and he skinned his man a couple of times. On the car ride home, a United fan on the radio said we should sell Nani and replace him "with that blonde winger from CSKA". I remember smirking and thinking "you've done your scouting on him then!"

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
I won't sell my Mudryk stocks just yet. I'm staying the course. There's something there.
I wouldn't either if I was a Chelsea supporter but it is starting to look rather dim for an outsider, but we are happier to point out the negatives. What he is trying on the pitch just doesn't seem like the right decision, let alone execution of it. He doesn't scan his surroundings for starters. Some of it can be improved upon but other things will he will always struggle with. He plays a little like Robben but without the dribbling skills and confidence/determination which makes him quite limited.

Mike Smalling

It's not like Sterling did any better yesterday. Mudryk actually walked away with an assist. He has obvious physical traits, and not terrible technique. He could become decent enough.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There was this moment where cchelsea
It's not like Sterling did any better yesterday. Mudryk actually walked away with an assist. He has obvious physical traits, and not terrible technique. He could become decent enough.
Sterling has been miles better this season though

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's pretty funny right now that Chelsea spent all that money on him meanwhile La Liga leaders Girona are led by 2 Ukrainian forwards, both of whom appear markedly better than Mudryk(and the national team coaches knew)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Bumping the thread with a random wayward shot is the definition of hating for the sake of hating.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Bumping the thread with a random wayward shot is the definition of hating for the sake of hating.
Its just funny and relevant to the previous discussion around him having an absolutely shocking final decision making mindset. The first 80% of that move is excellent but that last 20% continues to let him down. I question his temperament a little that it's been almost a year now and he's showing no signs of adjusting that.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Its just funny and relevant to the previous discussion around him having an absolutely shocking final decision making mindset. The first 80% of that move is excellent but that last 20% continues to let him down. I question his temperament a little that it's been almost a year now and he's showing no signs of adjusting that.
To be perfectly honest, the moment I saw his neck tattoos my opinion on his decision making was set in stone.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Yep. The reason I haven't totally given up on Mudryk yet is because he often comes up with really classy movements / dribbles, even if the final touches have for the most part been atrocious.

For me he's still in the category that his raw qualities could still potentially end up making him a great winger if he just gets a slight improvement in his decision making, but at the same time I realize he needs to start improving fast because he's not exactly all that young anymore.

Right now he kind of reminds me of the Chelsea version of Mo Salah. Knowing now the player he became in the end I've never fogotten this masterpiece of a performance away at Shrewsbury in the cup:

Mudryk has money on his side though. Where Salah was quickly discarded because he was a cheap punt and it was really easy to find a buyer for him while even making a profit on the deal, the finances around the Mudryk deal and him being contracted for another 7,5 years mean, for better or worse, that we're stuck with him for now and it would be impossible to get rid of him even if we tried.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It’s just a wayward shot. Nothing out of the ordinary about it. He had other situations where he ‘did the right thing’ after he dribbled down the wing and found a decent cross or cutback. This was probably the only situation he said ‘feck it let me let it fly’ and here we are talking about it :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It's just a bit of banter mate, innit ;)
I know. I know :D

I do like to stick up for him though. He’s become a meme now and people like to pile on him. Sometimes it’s warranted but other times like this, it just felt someone was going out of their way to dunk on him for doing nothing out of the ordinary.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
It’s just a wayward shot. Nothing out of the ordinary about it. He had other situations where he ‘did the right thing’ after he dribbled down the wing and found a decent cross or cutback. This was probably the only situation he said ‘feck it let me let it fly’ and here we are talking about it :lol:
I mean, it was a really dumb decision and it is a bit dubious that he had this idea in his head to begin with. Even if it somehow comes up he should decide against it 10 times out of 10. But I agree it is a bit telling that people focus on that so much. For what it's worth, I've seen much better decision making from him and he at times displays signs of very good game reading ability and spatial awareness. But when a player principally has as much natural ability and physique as Mudryk and isn't cooking (;)), you have to question his matchmaking and it would be very disappointing if he turns out another Ben Arfa or Taarabt or something along those lines

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I know. I know :D

I do like to stick up for him though. He’s become a meme now and people like to pile on him. Sometimes it’s warranted but other times like this, it just felt someone was going out of their way to dunk on him for doing nothing out of the ordinary.
The tattoos and haircut don’t help

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
There are players that you know just have “it”. And if they put it all together, they’ll be brilliant. Then there are those players who look dangerous, probably because they have one outstanding quality - like pace - that you know if they can improve their all round game, will be effective. Mudryk is the latter. There’s nothing about him that screams the potential for brilliance. But you also know that if he can improve his decision making and final ball, then he’ll be a dangerous player - by virtue of his ability to beat a man and stretch defences with his pace. Right now his decision making, touch, passing, shooting and finishing all need varying degrees of improvement. If he improves just a couple of those, he’ll be pretty effective.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
There are players that you know just have “it”. And if they put it all together, they’ll be brilliant. Then there are those players who look dangerous, probably because they have one outstanding quality - like pace - that you know if they can improve their all round game, will be effective. Mudryk is the latter. There’s nothing about him that screams the potential for brilliance. But you also know that if he can improve his decision making and final ball, then he’ll be a dangerous player - by virtue of his ability to beat a man and stretch defences with his pace. Right now his decision making, touch, passing, shooting and finishing all need varying degrees of improvement. If he improves just a couple of those, he’ll be pretty effective.
If Harvertz can "turn it around", so can Mudryk. May be he just needs the right coach to help him.

There is another wonderkid Georgiy Sudakov in Ukraine Arsenal links with for the January transfer window.

ForFuchsSake

I mean, it was a really dumb decision and it is a bit dubious that he had this idea in his head to begin with. Even if it somehow comes up he should decide against it 10 times out of 10. But I agree it is a bit telling that people focus on that so much. For what it's worth, I've seen much better decision making from him and he at times displays signs of very good game reading ability and spatial awareness. But when a player principally has as much natural ability and physique as Mudryk and isn't cooking (;)), you have to question his matchmaking and it would be very disappointing if he turns out another Ben Arfa or Taarabt or something along those lines
He’ll be fortunate to turn out to the same level as Ben Arfa or Taarabt at this rate, I’d almost say that’s disrespectful to those players - Mudryk is way off that level at the moment.

At his peak at Newcastle, Ben Arfa was possibly one of the best wide players in the league, whereas Mudryk has shown nothing close to that level. Taarabt possesses far more natural ability/talent than Mudryk has.

Mudryk has blistering pace and that’s about it. There’s really nothing outstanding about him.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He’ll be fortunate to turn out to the same level as Ben Arfa or Taarabt at this rate, I’d almost say that’s disrespectful to those players - Mudryk is way off that level at the moment.

At his peak at Newcastle, Ben Arfa was possibly one of the best wide players in the league, whereas Mudryk has shown nothing close to that level. Taarabt possesses far more natural ability/talent than Mudryk has.

Mudryk has blistering pace and that’s about it. There’s really nothing outstanding about him.
Mudryk's technique is outstanding, IMO

mu4c_20le

If Harvertz can "turn it around", so can Mudryk. May be he just needs the right coach to help him.

There is another wonderkid Georgiy Sudakov in Ukraine Arsenal links with for the January transfer window.
Turn what around? Havertz showed what he can be capable of, albeit in a weaker league. Mudryk is purely potential, and never really look impressive outside of the farmers league which our reserves could probably beat.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Turn what around? Havertz showed what he can be capable of, albeit in a weaker league. Mudryk is purely potential, and never really look impressive outside of the farmers league which our reserves could probably beat.
That last part isn't true, it actually seemed to be his strong performances in the CL 22/23 group stage that really got him noticed. I doubt one half-season in the league that year would have been enough for a move to a big club without them. Not that i had thought they were nearly enough evidence for the sort of big-money transfer he got.

Telsim

Imagine Antony. On an 8 year contract. A cold shiver just went down my spine.