6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
What an upgrade in Carrick. This is what we've been missing the last few years and why I've never understood the over to top praise he got. Matic is doing everything we need in a DM.

M Bison

Supports
York City
What an underwhelming signing at the time.

Exactly why myself and many others on here are not managers. Looks absolute quality. That tackle and and run to set Lukaku away was brilliant.

Adnandos

Wow he could be our player of the season if he plays this well every game.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'm falling in love with a giant Serbian

What is life And what were Chelsea thinking.

Handré1990

What an upgrade in Carrick. This is what we've been missing the last few years and why I've never understood the over to top praise he got. Matic is doing everything we need in a DM.
and more. Notice how quickly he understood he should overlap Rashford to stretch the defenders during the goal move. It's just beautiful.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Think he's better for us than for Chelsea. He's now in a role where he can do everything he's actually good at. At Chelsea he had to share a role with Kanté, and that never looked very good. A bit like Yaya for Barcelona before going to City.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
He is loving it out there.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
He is certainly making me eat crow as the saying goes. I thought Hererra would be better suited in that role and we get a player like Verratti, Rabiot or Keita instead. Matic at the moment seems much more ideal.

Kapardin

Until Conte openly said he didn't want Matic to leave, and Chelsea getting linked to Drinkwater, most Chelsea fans were celebrating the fee they got from us for Matic. I also saw many posts from Chelsea fans on twitter as to how Matic was a mere passenger last season with Kante being the engine.

Would like to hear from someone who watched Chelsea games properly last season as to what made them think like this, 'cause Matic seems a huge loss for them.

AndyJ1985

Can see why Jose wanted an experienced premier league proven DM instead of Fabinho.

TheReligion

Abusive
Vidal has always been more dynamic offensively, but he's also just about the most destructive midfield force in my opinion. Matic was comparable in that aspect when he returned to Chelsea initially.

Matic's distribution is quick when he has the ball on his left foot and he isn't pressured-if he's at the base of a midfield 3 then he'll have the space to move the ball relatively quickly. In a midfield 2 where he's pushed further up and exposed to pressing, I think he'd struggle more, and this is what we saw last year. Often he'd have issues circulating the ball because he'd have to shift it away from his right peg to distribute it effectively.

I think Bakayoko and Kante work better as a partnership in a two because in Conte's system as constructed both midfielders have to be able to press high and track back, while as you say Matic is better sitting a bit deeper. Bakayoko is also a very good and underrated dribbler so will bring attacking thrust from the middle as a shuttler, which was lacking last season (at least in theory).
You were saying?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
and more. Notice how quickly he understood he should overlap Rashford to stretch the defenders during the goal move. It's just beautiful.
It's excellent. Where are those fans who called him limited gone?

IrishRedDevil

What a player! Such a boss in midfield and so good on the ball. £40m was a steal in the current market. Cheers Chelsea, you muppets.

Prodigal7

There aren't many sweeter things in life than caf humble pie.
I thought it might take a few games but its already clear to everyone that this guy is as good a DM as there is. tbf the Chelsea PR machine did a good job at trying to convince everyone he wasn't one of their most important players and that they were ok with him leaving.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Think he's better for us than for Chelsea. He's now in a role where he can do everything he's actually good at. At Chelsea he had to share a role with Kanté, and that never looked very good. A bit like Yaya for Barcelona before going to City.
Face palm

Fracture90

Key interception and then sprinting forward to stretch the defence, me boy Matić is amazing so far!

Cloud7

Gonna get in here early and put my hands up. I was wrong. I was hesitant about this signing at first and said I would prefer Dier, but my God what a signing he looks. I had no idea his passing and ball retention was so good. So much more to him than just a destroyer, and very glad he is our midfield general now.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
The Carrick replacement we've been crying out for. Might not be as crisp a passer (still a good passer though), but has quick feet and dribbling skills to beat the press that was Carrick's big flaw over the years.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Until Conte openly said he didn't want Matic to leave, and Chelsea getting linked to Drinkwater, most Chelsea fans were celebrating the fee they got from us for Matic. I also saw many posts from Chelsea fans on twitter as to how Matic was a mere passenger last season with Kante being the engine.

Would like to hear from someone who watched Chelsea games properly last season as to what made them think like this, 'cause Matic seems a huge loss for them.
Every time I saw him in the last two seasons, he wasn't as good as the season before when Mourinho won the league. He was a bit better last season, but there was times when games passed him by a bit.

I think he perhaps needed a new challenge, as he's looking up for it out there.

Then again, it's only one half of a game so far, at home to West Ham. Let's see how he does when the pressure is on and in tougher games. I don't have any real concern about him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.