6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Mourinho knows his stuff, that's why I say to folks who don't want Perisic that he'll be an excellent signing for us. Final piece of the jig-saw.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This one always got to me, like United should be buying players with the aim to sell them for profit.
Why aren't we signing younger players that I've never seen play more than 10 times?

Robbie Boy

He was poor last season I thought but he seems to have found his spark again under Mourinho.

drdoityourself

Wow, how good is he? Thought he was just a destroyer with decent distribution but he's so much more.

Kaos

Bossing it.

If we plays like this consistently he'll be a contender for our player of the season.

The_Midfielder

As good as Carrick.. Carrick is the better passer, Matic has more mobility and tends to shoot more ...

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The world's most boring £40m transfer is already getting interesting...

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Wow, how good is he? Thought he was just a destroyer with decent distribution but he's so much more.
Indeed, the main reason I wanted him over Dier. One plays like an extra CB, the other plays like a proper midfielder.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Cant believe its so long since we had a midfeilder capable of delivering such influence!

Ainu

As good as Carrick.. Carrick is the better passer, Matic has more mobility and tends to shoot more ...
Matic isn't a half bad passer himself. Perhaps Carrick edges it but I'd still list the ability to pick the right pass as a strength for Matic. With Carrick it turned into a weakness when he was under pressure, we'll need to wait and see how Matic deals with it. He seems a more complete midfielder though.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I was always behind us signing Matic but jeez was he this good for Chelsea as well?
Yeah. He was widely considered to be the best centre mid in the league after about a year in it.

Just look at the posts on the first page of this thread in 2014:

Couldn't find a football thread on him.

He is some player. Great on the ball, wins all his tackles and an absolute giant. What a bargain for Chelsea.
He's a monstrous player. Technically he's superb.
Absolute class player, he immediately fit into Chelsea and hasn't put a foot wrong since.

He's the kind of player we need.
Awesome player reminds me of Petite
He's been fantastic this season, dare I say best midfielder in the league? What a superb signing, wish we had signed him in january last season.
Thought he was absolutely outstanding in last nights win over Stoke. Was like a brick wall infront of defence, and was calm and classy on the ball.

Gutted that we missed out on him. Arguably Chelseas most important player this season imo.
Yeah he was excellent last night and has been pretty much every game i've watched him in. Wasn't just us that missed a trick with him, I think he would fit into every team in Europe at present.
It's getting to the point where it's hardly even arguable any more. When he's not in the team, we miss him terribly. We have backups for Costa, Fabregas and Hazard (although the backups obviously are not as good), but we don't have anyone else who can do what Matic does for us. He's been an absolute revelation.
The best all round holding player in the league

Traub

This is the perfect description of him so far. He's playing the role of two players.
He has the best attributes of both except for the long silky passes of Carrick (although that ball out wide I think to Valencia was class).

ti vu

Until Conte openly said he didn't want Matic to leave, and Chelsea getting linked to Drinkwater, most Chelsea fans were celebrating the fee they got from us for Matic. I also saw many posts from Chelsea fans on twitter as to how Matic was a mere passenger last season with Kante being the engine.

Would like to hear from someone who watched Chelsea games properly last season as to what made them think like this, 'cause Matic seems a huge loss for them.
Not claiming great insight or watching Chelsea all game, but always maintain a not off form Matic is vital for Chelsea. I was very few that stated I would take Matic LAST summer. when majority of CAF was laughing off when there was the annual rumor of manager sign his players from his old clubs started.

When Chelsea form started to dip toward the end of last season, I maintained that Matic's form (& Hazard's fitness) suffered was the key. Kante was given credit that he had nothing to have it. For example it's clear like the first half vs City at the Bridge that, without Matic, there was a lot of space in front of Chelsea backline that City kept playmaking from. Despite the lead, Matic was introduced in the second half to plug that hole. In the all 3 games we played against Chelsea, Matic was one of the the top targets for Mourinho's heavy man marking, while Kante . Sure Kante scored majority of his goal in the season with 2 goals against us, but he was not that good in 2 of the 3 games against us which the third game pretty much exposed Kante style of play when purposely he's given much of the ball, and couldn't do much with it with Chelsea other options being heavily marked... Kante was great, but Matic is vital as he was the enabler to let Kante the freedom to do his thing.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
So....we were all wrong and Jose was right? I just cant believe it....
:lol: I never understood why so many doubted Jose in the first place. He clearly knows what he wants and what he is doing, and he has done it so many times before. I hope more of those posters who were critical of his pursuit of Matic are humble enough to now hold their hands up and give Jose the credit he deserves. Matic has been classy and dominant yet again. He is exactly what we needed in this team.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I've been saying for ages. Add a top quality DM to correct our spine and the magic will return. Lukaku, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Rasford, Mata and co can and will score goals. I guess that those who believed that the DM role can be covered by either a big no 10 or by a snowflake who can pass the ball will now have a rethink.

D2Z

Supports
Undercover "Chelsea fan" ;)
Feck off to everyone arguing with me about his age and his ability to play.

Holters

All the people who cried that we should rather sign Fabinho had, and still has, no clue. Matic is a fantastic signing, fantastic player. Exactly what we needed.

finneh

He's been absolutely fantastic.

I really believed that last year he was restricted by Conte who favoured Kante at his expense.

Thank Christ that the Dier transfer never material. I'd prefer someone capable of putting in world class performances over someone incapable any day.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
No wonder Chelsea walked the league last season. Matic looks absolutely superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.