Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

He's only 30. His legs shouldn't have gone completely yet. I didn't think he was nearly as good as people said last season but there's no way he should be performing at this level. He seems to lose the ball a lot more now which was one of his greatest strengths as a player.

Mick321

Even if he was playing great it surely doesn't make sense to keep running him in to the ground?! It'll only hurt him and us, it's fecking weird.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Even if he was playing great it surely doesn't make sense to keep running him in to the ground?! It'll only hurt him and us, it's fecking weird.
He’ll have to run for that to happen.

Ekeke

We'll have to see where he plays. Last time McTominay played he was at CB although that was in a 3. Fellaini has also played a semi CB role. Matic has not yet. So until I see him standing at CB I'm going to assume its something we've tried before

yfoFC

Lack of activity in this thread shows just how much united fans have become numbed to this guy getting automatic starts.

There is only a limited amount of time you can scream "drop matic" before indifference sets in.

settembrini

He has started 17 of our last 18 fixtures. He missed Wolves because he was suspended after getting himself sent off against Watford. Looking at this forum's player ratings he has scored below the team average in every single game. He has also been rated one of our worst 3 players in each of our last 9 games.

The only comparably bad run of form by a United player since the player ratings were introduced is Rooney under Van Gaal. He was even worse more often (rated our worst player an incredible 11 times in 21 games) but very occasionally managed a performance which was in line or better than his team mates. Matic is essentially a guaranteed bad performance every time Mourinho picks him, which is every game he can.

steakpie

He is like the defensive version of Berbatov. Seems to play the game like a kick a round with his mates while he is hungover.

Hawks2008

I don't even blame Matic, the manager should have the sense to give him a spell out of the team. His performances are on Mourinho.

Backrow Singer

He’s a better player than he’s showing at the minute in my opinion. His performances of late haven’t displayed him at his best.

He needs a spell out of the team. Surely the objective is to get all of our players playing to their full potential. Is that not a fair statement to make? We’re not playing him to form, it’s not worked. Give him a couple of games off, try something different and bring him back if needed and see if he’s playing any better. You can’t play as many full, back to back games as he has and be at your best.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He is like the defensive version of Berbatov. Seems to play the game like a kick a round with his mates while he is hungover.
He's nothing like Berbatov. Berbatov was more of a 'too much quality to be arsed' case, can you say that about Matic?

charlie C

Supports
Chelsea
This is why you dont spend £45m on a 29 year old. A year later is completely useless.
I think you are now seeing why a lot of us Chelsea fans weren't over bothered about 'strengthening' a rival when the rest of the football world said we were daft. We've a good Brazilian winger you can have in January,50m and he's yours:rolleyes:

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
The fact that Bakayoko is who Chelsea got to replace him and his first few decent months has meant that he’s avoided scrutiny for too long. Finally the fans have caught on, but I haven’t seen much in the media about Matic. He’s hovering around Lukaku levels of shiteness. The worst CM I’ve seen at this club. Can’t defend, pass, press or even close off passing lanes. Literally serves no purpose out on the pitch.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
When he first came, he was mobile. It's possible the state of the team has depressed him. Maybe our players going into the dressing, look round and depress the hell out of each other. He needs to become more mobile. He's not an old man.

Foxbatt

When he first came, he was mobile. It's possible the state of the team has depressed him. Maybe our players going into the dressing, look round and depress the hell out of each other. He needs to become more mobile. He's not an old man.
I thought that seeing the mug of Moyes on TV was depressing. Now seeing the mug of Jose on TV gets me depressed. Imagine how the players feel when they see the real thing?
That said Matic needs to be dropped.

Seij

Maybe once he's realized he'll start no matter what as long as he's one of Mourinho's "Lieutenants", he's lost his motivation to work hard.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
The first goal we scored last season was created by Matic harrying the West Ham player in possession, Rashford carrying the loose ball and playing Lukaku through for the finish. Can you imagine him doing that today?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think you are now seeing why a lot of us Chelsea fans weren't over bothered about 'strengthening' a rival when the rest of the football world said we were daft. We've a good Brazilian winger you can have in January,50m and he's yours:rolleyes:
Can we not have that Belgian one instead? We'll have him for £50m ;)

arnie_ni

Only see last 15 mins and he must have lost the ball 3 times.

One he dithered on the edge of their box and a forward or attaching midfielder jogged back and knicked the ball starting a counter for arsenal

Devil may care

McMannanaman with that scouse humour giving himj MOTM, he wasn't as shit due to Herrera covering so much ground for him, but he wasn't good either unless your standards are rock bottom.

Red_Aaron

Don't agree with the motm award at all.
He was still the biggest culprit when it comes to unnecessary backwards passing, and the trend spreads especially among the defence.

I don't get it because he's actually very good at turning his man and creating space for a pass but he's constantly checking back and making a safe pass

Frustrating

Foxbatt

He was terrible as usual and just jogging about without any care in the world. The fact we had a back three and two full backs and Herrera running like a mad dog saved his arse.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He was back to last seasons performance tonight. That shouldn’t make him a sure bet to start games though. A very mediocre player with no creative nature.

R'hllor

It's quiet in here tonight...weird.
Not really, most expressed their opinions in other threads, he has no place in starting XI, guess tonight being 2-3/10 instead usual 1/10 is a improvement, totally earned his spot for next game.

Ace of Spades

He was mediocre. He still took way too many touches, and should have released the ball faster, but he did not go to.sleep.at tracking runners at least. Progress.

Him getting MOTM was a joke though.

He was mediocre. He still took way too many touches, and should have released the ball faster, but he did not go to.sleep.at tracking runners at least. Progress.

Him getting MOTM was a joke though.
There was not a player on the pitch that had a great game. Both teams lack quality. Both very poor teams.

Much better tonight as in he didn't leave us wide open, but it's clear he's unable to keep up with the game anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.