Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mav_9me

I am a huge fan of his style of play. I prefer DM who can pass. I think he keeps possession of the ball very well and is fairly press resistant imo. He is trying quite a few forward passes too now.

We have to see how the set up goes against the better teams and the good teams away.

Foxbatt

I was one of them who called for him to be sold. This Matic is a much better player than the on ewe had under Jose. His passing and his control is very different now. He now looks to pass forward and he can pass very well too. He has already scored a goal so hopefully he can continue this form.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
He was magnificent today. Physical presence, cool head, great passer of the ball. One of my favourite players of this side, and will be a huge help to Ole in the crucial months ahead. This team could do well in European games if the likes of Matic stays fit.

Sgt.Major

Anybody seen @Adisa ?

What baffles me the most is the fact that he obviously didn't need a rest, but a different setup on the pitch. How the f Mou managed to make him useless?

kiristao

He and Herrera really seem to find a good balance of who will push forward and who will shield the defense. My only criticism of him is he is not as committed to win headers defensively and that he doesn't go in as strongly into 50-50 tackles as he should for a DM.

Kapardin

Best player after Pogba. No longer Statić, just Fantastić.

None of Jose's signings bar Bailly are completely useless. Most of them could prove to be useful enough with Pogba obviously being the stand-out. Its' just bizarre that Jose couldn't get the best out of them.

Roberto420

I know Pogba will get all the plaudits but I thought Matic was excellent too the midfield of Matic Herrera and Pogba is starting to show the potential we all thought it would when we first signed Matic.

Chuffed for him after all the stick he had earlier in the season though in fairness some of it was warranted.

Andersons Dietician

Weird that for months I’ve lamented his passing and how slow and ponderous he has been then today he is pinging around first time passes like he had some Scholes on his cereal this morning. Some of them and the runs he spotted were beautiful it’s just a shame that his defensive side really let him down today not just for the Ake header I mean not much he could do there but in the game he was constantly trailing or being beaten. Only thing that let him down today was that.

snk123

I've been a big supporter even when he was getting absolutely battered here and was the scapegoat every match. You need your DM to be calm on the ball, hold on to it and dictate play. Herrera, Fred can not do that and Pogba is better suited up front. Matic is a great player and a rare breed of players who have everything you would want in a DM.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Wasn't quite as good as he was in the first halves against Cardiff and Huddersfield, but kept it up for the full 90 minutes better than he did in those matches. Still got caught out of position a few times, but he's playing so much better than he was.

The big question is whether he can keep it up, or whether it'll be like last season where he started brilliantly then his form just slowly started draining away.

Sylar

So like many said about Pogba, was he also downing tools to get Jose fired?

Regardless, huge improvement since we moved to a 3 man midfield which put 2 mobile players next to him. And a lot of forward passes too from the looks of it.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Fantastic. So composed on the ball and the way he shields opposition and works his way out of trouble looks effortless. Some great balls over the top too.

Was poor for the goal but I'll give him a pass on that because he shouldn't be in that position to begin with. At no point should he ever be expected to mark the opposition's most dangerous man on corners. If we had a competent CB who didn't need other people to do their job then it wouldn't have happened.

buckooo1978

he was good today but still think he's a key position that needs to be improved upon

I think Herrera is a much more dynamic, energetic player, a better passer with better movement

would love to see a playmaker in there

Devil may care

Some very good passess, some sloppy ones, got ran off 2 or 3 times and I thought he should have done better on their goal.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
he was good today but still think he's a key position that needs to be improved upon

I think Herrera is a much more dynamic, energetic player, a better passer with better movement

would love to see a playmaker in there
I'm just happy to see him not stood like a scarecrow like he has been for most the season, but I agree he's not one for the future and we should be looking for more dynamism in the midfield.

Owngoalscorer

Another serious improver over the past three matches, but it won't last forever - needs replacing this summer - the usual José short-termism with his purchases

SATA

He has been great. I always maintained we are a much better side when he plays. The composure and the calmness he brings with his passing ability. No panic stuff at all

R'hllor

There are still issues with him when it comes to defending, sure, things changed for him with Ole in attacking sense, more forward passing etc.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Criminal defending for the goal. How do you just stand there.

Yes he had been better but wait until a pressing team comes. He wont be able to handle it.

No top team has a big slow midfielder.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Anybody seen @Adisa ?

What baffles me the most is the fact that he obviously didn't need a rest, but a different setup on the pitch. How the f Mou managed to make him useless?
You're calling me out, fair play.
He was poor for 10+ months. Great to see him have a new lease of life. I thought he was finished.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
When he plays like this there isn't many better midfielders around than him. Last few months leading up to this has been hurting his reputation badly. I wasn't a fan of him his first season back at Chelsea when everyone raved about him, but that was simply because I didn't watch them enough. He is lacking a bit defensively sometimes due to switching off and obvious problem with pace when exposed, but his technique on the ball is so underrated along with his composure on the ball. His passing is good enough as the last man in midfield if we set up like this where we go forward a lot.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's still not perfect but night and day from how he was playing under Jose. He does have quite a good passing range, probably our 2nd best passer behind Pogba. I still have some minor issues but if we keep getting him to pass forward then I'm more than happy, he put in some solid defensive work today and showed good strength.

Womp

idiot
He played really well. I loved some of the forward passes he played. We need more of that, it opens up defences.

The United

I was thinking if Blind was still here, he could probably have played the Matic role now to give him some rest at times.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
With Ole in charge, he is like completely new player. Bossing the game and his passing looks very good. With so much movement and freedom, almost all our players are playing at level or 2 higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.