New Tottenham Hotspurs manager

Kag

Spurs and Daniel Levy are fecking hilarious. This is literally a textbook lesson on how not to sack your manager.

Plugsy

Clearly the evidence of all that game he won was overwhelming.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They obviously knew he wouldn't take it if it was only till the end of the season so gave him another season to make him happy. I doubt he will stay till next season even if he does fairly well.

Brophs

The One and Only
Levy finally as what he wanted: a manager who looks like he's on ketamine in his post match interviews.

Castia

You have to question the guys ambition for a start, he's been part of the back room staff for years yet didn't even do his coaching badges. Another master stroke by the most overrated fecking idiot in the league, Daniel Levy.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
If players don't have much respect for the office of interim manager then it isn't a terribly bad idea to have an 18 month contract i suppose [and Sherwood won't be on much money], however surely there is someone of experience willing to chance their luck until the end of the season?

Baldini isn't keen on Sherwood either so the press of reported, a detail which cant' be overlooked given the club structure which Levy is such a fan of.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
well played by sherwood. Got what he wanted from Levy.

Levy is a fecking idiot though. "Great negotiator!"

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
You have to question the guys ambition for a start, he's been part of the back room staff for years yet didn't even do his coaching badges.
The only other example i can think of in recent years would be that of Gareth Southgate at Boro, admittedly he got them to 12th during his first season in charge yet the dynamic at the respective clubs is hardly the same [expectation, pressure, egos in the dressing room, more capricious chairman e.t.c.].

Plugsy

I assune he means timing the announcements to hide them under the weight of bigger news, or something.

Or trying to steal the limelight, or something.

Ermmm, yeah, I don't get it either.

Wait...was it raining last time too?

Kag

I don't know why Levy doesn't just take charge. fecking hell, I'm not even a Spurs fan but even I find the bald cnut annoying.

Treble

Strange decision but let us see first their results under TS before laughing at them.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Glaston will spun this as some kind of masterstroke
Not a masterstroke, but not a terrible decision either. It's a reasonable decision in the circumstances, which will allow someone else to be offered the job in the summer (without much compensation to be paid to Sherwood), when many more candidates will be available, IF he doesn't do well.

He's been coaching at Spurs for the last 5 years, so knows the players and staff well and - as I said earlier - has already made some good decisions. Also, there are some talented youth players at Spurs and with Sherwood you can expect to see an accelerated promotion of some of these into the first team squad.

You might want to wait to see how things pan out before getting too busy writing him off.

RooneyLegend

Wow, didn't expect this. Perhaps the financial hit from AVB leaving has made Levy not want another big money manager?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Spurs fan at work was revelling in how "two bit" our manager is

then they go and appoint a guy who hasn't ever managed. You couldn't make this up.

I bet they'll score a lot more goals than under AVB though.

Plugsy

Sacking Redknapp made no sense. Hiring AVB made no sense. Timing of firing AVB made no sense. Hiring Sherwood makes no sense.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Tottenham had a real chance in becoming a genuine top four side. They've made a balls of it, I reckon. They'll continue to be a top half side for the foreseeable future.

Silent_Running

Dr. John Hammond
I live in Tim Sherwood's old house (from when he played for Blackburn Rovers).

Congratulations Tim, and good luck.

That is all I have to say.