Neymar joins PSG on a five year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Not saying we would, but he's 27 and contract expires Jun 2018 and if his head gets turned, we'd surely have to start listening at the £55m+ mark, surely.
We've a one year extension on him too. So his contract expires in 2019.

MullerUtd

Just a reminder of how shit Ballague is

This just reinforced my belief that Guillem Balague is just a mouthpiece for Barca and Real Madrid, whenever I see his tweets/report, it's only positive news for those two clubs. So much bias its so unreal. Feck off Balague! :lol:

OneUnited24

I wonder if PSG would have done this had Barca not tried to tap up Verratti.

Still this is comedy gold :D

AshfordLad

Why did they put a €222m clause there in the first place when they had already invested well over €100m in him before he signed that contract? While that might have seemed like obscene amount of money, it was something that was within realms of possibility for a young elite player.
Think the clubs need to pay a small percentage of the release clause as a fees to la liga. Barca caught out again trying to be cheap.

AgentP

Wonder what the FFP situation is like at PSG. They have not signed anyone else apart from Dani Alves this summer, have they? If that's the case, they'll still be well within their capacity. They might even sell 4-5 players to get back some money. Aurier, Di Maria, Lucas might all be up for sale.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Hmm I guess. Think future Barca contracts will have release clauses more in line with Real's exorbitant ones.
Completely agree with you.
You'd have thought if Neymar was that important to them, they'd have had his release clause up in the region of €500m or so. The only reason i can think that it's set at how it is, is that Neymar has been having doubts about staying for a while, so to get him to stay, Barca offered him a contract that raises his wage, but gives him a release clause that only the richest, most elite clubs can afford?

barmyarmy

Wonder what the FFP situation is like at PSG. They have not signed anyone else apart from Dani Alves this summer, have they? If that's the case, they'll still be well within their capacity. They might even sell 4-5 players to get back some money. Aurier, Di Maria, Lucas might all be up for sale.
I hope they sell Di maria the way he acted with us deserves the same for himself.

flappyjay

Will they come knocking for Herrera, how much for you to consider. Surely £55m or more and we'd have to think...
We don't need the money so we won't think. Who would we replace him with. After years of trying to solve the midfield problem looks like we have. we can't sell one of the important midfielders

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Not saying we would, but he's 27 and contract expires Jun 2018 and if his head gets turned, we'd surely have to start listening at the £55m+ mark, surely.
No, we surely would not have to do that. The club have an option for another year on his contract.

friend

Didn't that Nasser guy at PSG say a few years back that if anyone tried to approach their star players, PSG will relentlessly do the same back to them? I don't remember if that was aimed at Barcelona or City but it had to with Verratti I think. Looks like he wasn't kidding around (of course there are other reasons why Neymar would want to leave Barca for PSG as well).

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Didn't that Nasser guy at PSG say a few years back that if anyone tried to approach their star players, PSG will relentlessly do the same back to them? I don't remember if that was aimed at Barcelona or City but it had to with Verratti I think. Looks like he wasn't kidding around (of course there are other reasons why Neymar would want to leave Barca for PSG as well).
It was aimed at Barcelona regarding Thiago Silva and Marquinhos.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Exactly but Nasser is seen more as a mouthpiece to the real owners in Doha. The whole transfer will give PSG a new dimension in terms of credibility now. Big clubs are a bit afraid now I think. They were after this top 5 world superstar for years.

Hal9000

Don't think he'll ever be considered one of the greats, or winning the ballon d'or playing in the French league. Mistake move imho.

ghagua

Couldn't be happier because of the way Barca and La Liga are bitching.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Perez signed Ancelotti from PSG and kept good relationship with them. Now he is letting PSG move payment for Jese to next year so it can help them with FFP and signing Neymar. He also said NO to Barca anti PSG initiative.

The day you want to see will never come.
Cheeky bastards! :D

predator

Youth NITK
This is getting very messy and complex which is expected given the figures involved.

I still think Barca will come out of this saga unscathed. They may have lost Neymar but they still have the greatest footballer ever and the best striker in the world playing for them, amongst others. They still have the stature of being one of the biggest clubs in world football and will still compete with Madrid as the world's most desirable club to play for. They will also have around 200million to play with which can buy them almost whoever they want.

Neymar will dominate the French league but I still can't see them winning a champions league when Madrid, Bayern, Barca, Juve, United :lol: are around!

el3mel

Don't think he'll ever be considered one of the greats, or winning the ballon d'or playing in the French league. Mistake move imho.
The opposite may happen if he turned PSG to a CL winner on his own. We'll never know if this move was right or not till after 2 or 3 years according to how PSG will perform in CL with him the superstar of the side.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
weird saying that considering PSG never even won the league last season. do you consider the german and italian leagues as mickey mouse as well as 2 teams have dominated them lately ?
the domination has been going on in France for rather longer than one or two season. so NO!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Yes that rubbish Spanish league whose teams have dominated European competitions for the last five years and have a dominant record over English opposition.
and Neymar has been in one of those two so rather proves my point...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Cant believe this is actually happening. Though its hilarious to see the bitching. Barca and madrid have been doing the same for years, now that a different club does it to them its somehow not allowed? Its nice to see it from that perspective tbh. But feel like neymar is making a mistake. Dont think he'll win the champions league for PSG, and therefore the rest of his season will be a waste and ignored because nobody will care about how he does in any other competition.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
All this for a guy who has scored 68 league goals over four full seasons with Barca?

That's two less than 36 year old Aritz Aduriz at Bilbao.

I read he scored 13 league goals last season. Everyone will talk about his assists to compensate but talk about a fertile hunting ground - squaring the ball to Messi and Suarez. Guy will be bang average in France.

30 or so goals in the league. Won't pull up any trees in my opinion.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Real Madrid are rumoured to have agreed a non-aggression deal with PSG a couple of years ago, where they wouldn't pursue each other's stars. Sounds like Barca were more confident.

Can La Liga really stop the transfer? Whether PSG is in compliant with the FFP rules or not is not the look out of La Liga and would fall within the purview of UEFA.
La Liga can do a due-diligence test for money-laundering and tax issues - that's normally ignored between EU clubs. I'd guess they'd argue that based on PSG's published accounts they can't see where the money came from, which could delay stuff while paperwork comes through.

My guess is that Barca are now resigned to it and just want it done fast so they can go shopping, hence it'll be sorted quickly.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

Imho, I don't think it had anything to do with Barca tapping up Verratti. They always seem like they're looking to be considered a 'big' club, and therefore, getting one of the most talented and recognised player fits the bill. Money of course no object, as Qatar can afford it:D

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

Imho, I don't think it had anything to do with Barca tapping up Verratti. They always seem like they're looking to be considered a 'big' club, and therefore, getting one of the most talented and recognised player fits the bill. Money of course no object, as Qatar can afford it:D

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
Domestic football is of very little importance in WPotY voting. He's got a very good chance of leading a side to a World Cup or Champions League victory. If he does that, he'll win it.

sully1

would have loved him at United i think people dont realise how much bigger os a superstar Neymar is in the Americas and in the middle east and Asia compared to Messi and even Ronaldo. Every single billboard in Dubai had Neymar sponsoring something when i went an year ago.

Also this helps the break the monopoly Madrid and Barca are having over the top their world class talent, it gives other clubs an opportunity now to have atleast one world class player in the team.

£190 million is going to look like a bargain in a few years time just like Ronaldos £80 million did a few years after he had left.

Status
Not open for further replies.