North Korea

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
TMZ just posted an article saying he's dead. I know it's TMZ but death announcements tend to be their forte.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/25/north-korea-dictator-kim-jong-un-dead-dies-heart-surgery-reports/
In that article, it says in bold that TMZ cannot confirm that he is dead.
The original source is this: https://gendai.ismedia.jp/articles/-/72122

Which you can translate to English I think.. but yeah, god knows whether this Japanese source is reliable or if its just a gossip magazine.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I'm just going on and confirming to people that he is dead.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
So, it may come as a surprise but I'm not an expert on North Korean politics but is this bellend dying good or bad news for North Korea?

Could he be replaced with someone even worse?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
So, it may come as a surprise but I'm not an expert on North Korean politics but is this bellend dying good or bad news for North Korea?

Sounds like it could be his sister until his eldest son turns 18. Whether she's worse than him or not (or whether NK will accept a female dictator for a few years) we don't know.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
At the very least, if he were fine, there would be new pictures or video of him. The fact that there's been nothing new coming out of NK indicates there's some validity to the stories that he's unwell. Hopefully the stories of his death are true though.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
China is going to install a puppet leader in his stead. The threat of North Korea is hugely important to them countering South Korea and Japan in East Asia.

In Rainbows

Impossible to know. Removing a dictator doesn't make the situation better. When Saddam was killed, ISIS sprang up in the region. When Gaddafi was overthrown, Libya now has a slave trade. In Mexico, when Chapo was imprisoned, a new cartel ran by Mencho sprang up and they're much worse.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Am I right in assuming we should be wishing him a speedy recovery because he's "human" and all that?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Can you give me a list of who it is okay to wish death on?

Nancy Pelosi has contributed to the deaths of millions.
I think it depends on how efficiently the despot kills their own people.

Quickly - Kim Jong Un - bad guy.

Slowly - Boris Johnson - good guy.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Trump said it's fake news from CNN, so no worries. Or he's in the denial stage of grieving.

I'd say he lived a full life but he's allegedly younger than me.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Remember guys we should show some respect because he's a human being.

No, actually, feck that. Not this time.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I think it depends on how efficiently the despot kills their own people.

Quickly - Kim Jong Un - bad guy.

Slowly - Boris Johnson - good guy.
I mean we could debate the difference or similarity between a dictator and a democratically elected official until the cows come home because, at the end of the day, responsibility for the death of someone else really shouldn't have a hierarchy. All I know is that I was one of the people saying the death wishes about Boris were too far, but not because of him - because of his fiancée and unborn child.

But with this mad bastard it's quite easy to say "oh well, not going to lose sleep" because he's responsible for mass executions, slave labour and, worst of all, that fecking haircut.