North Korea

Deery

Dreary
I mean we could debate the difference or similarity between a dictator and a democratically elected official until the cows come home because, at the end of the day, responsibility for the death of someone else really shouldn't have a hierarchy. All I know is that I was one of the people saying the death wishes about Boris were too far, but not because of him - because of his fiancée and unborn child.

But with this mad bastard it's quite easy to say "oh well, not going to lose sleep" because he's responsible for mass executions, slave labour and, worst of all, that fecking haircut.
Yeah, strap the fecker to a rocket and send him into outer space..

kidbob

Considering how good a golfer his father was I'm assuming that he'll have even more more posthumous material than Tupac.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Kind of fitting if the fat feck is nuked so soon after riding the pale horse.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I mean we could debate the difference or similarity between a dictator and a democratically elected official until the cows come home because, at the end of the day, responsibility for the death of someone else really shouldn't have a hierarchy. All I know is that I was one of the people saying the death wishes about Boris were too far, but not because of him - because of his fiancée and unborn child.

But with this mad bastard it's quite easy to say "oh well, not going to lose sleep" because he's responsible for mass executions, slave labour and, worst of all, that fecking haircut.
:lol: :lol:

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
There was a good long read on the BBC site last week about him and his sister, and how he behaved as a kid (spoilt and unpleasant evidently). His father chose him to be the successor because he was the nastiest.

He's close to his sister, but NK is patriarchal and a woman wouldn't get to become the leader there.

edit - looks like multiple news sites are reporting that he's died, but they may of course all be following each other. It'll be fascinating to see what happens if it's true. There's no male Kim to take over right now, he killed the likely candidates.

Last edited:

In Rainbows

Kind of fitting if the fat feck is nuked so soon after riding the pale horse.
Oh man that video of him riding his horse with a bunch of officials. You could so easily tell the horse was struggling compared to the other horses. :lol:

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Oh man that video of him riding his horse with a bunch of officials. You could so easily tell the horse was struggling compared to the other horses. :lol:
It's actually a robot horse with a steel skeleton. Every time I see a pic of him on the horse I feel sorry for it, he must weigh about 20st at least.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
What's going on with cv19 in North Korea

As its between China and South Korea it's hard to think (despite the propaganda) that they have no cases

It's also hard to think that their healthcare system (despite propaganda and saying they have found a cure) is well set up to deal with it

And wouldn't Kim fatty the third be on a high risk group given his weight medical history and amount of traveling / people he sees

Chairman Woodie

I've just seen an image on La Stampa that shows a blurry image of someone who looks very like Kim lying in state, they're running with it as a main story. I can't post the La Stampa link as it's pay-walled but it's also on this link:

https://www.liberoquotidiano.it/new...g_un_foto_cadavere_televisioni_hong_kong.html
If Kim Jong-Un is dead, I would imagine only a handful of people know and even less people would have access to take such a photo. Besides, his death, if true, has not been publicised in the North Korean media. If the photo is real, the photographer took some risk.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The only close ties to Kim Jong Un (with political experience) under Kim's family tree would be his sister, but surely they won't let her to have it permanently? But his sons are way too young, still under 10.
Alternatively they could have Kim Jong Nam sons, who are at least in their twenties. But probably not.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
The only close ties to Kim Jong Un (with political experience) under Kim's family tree would be his sister, but surely they won't let her to have it permanently? But his sons are way too young, still under 10.
Alternatively they could have Kim Jong Nam sons, who are at least in their twenties. But probably not.
Her father in law is basically next in line politically anyway...
Can see them putting he in charge as the family dynasty seems inbuilt into th system
Her father in law has all the political connections to head things up
They then have 8 years to kill of Kim's kids and supplant her and her kids as the true successors

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Kim Jimmy is my choice.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
What are the chances of a sane person taking over NK if he is dead?
The North Korea regime is sane and has been for a long time, contrary to Western governments and media that present them as irrational, hellbent on developing nuclear weapons for the sake of it or as part of some evil, maniacal pursuit - the region of Korea was nuclearised by the US for a start. We really need to ditch the false and dangerous narrative that their leaders are insane/unhinged, at least when it comes to foreign policy. For one, that suggests there is no real solution to the tension on the Korean peninsula without war/regime change, which is untrue.