Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | W15 D2 L4

Is Ole a good appointment?

• Total voters

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't know if others feel this way and I know it sounds as cheesy as hell, but I feel like the entire Mourinho sacking and the subsequent hiring of Ole, has ignited feelings in me regarding the club that seemed to be in limbo. I haven't a clue whether Ole is going to great or terrible, but it just feels nice to look forward to our next (particularly the 3 at home) game with some sort of hope of possibly, maybe, pretty please make it happen, being entertained. I know things aren't going to change drastically results wise albiet we will get better. But could be possibly watch a United team that starts playing exciting stuff ? Or presses aggressively? Or sets up with a high line? Maybe not, but the idea that these things could happen do feel great.

Plus the focus on getting the players United and playing on the front foot. I mean, fecking hell, that's exactly what we want. If we don't get top 4 so be it. We wouldn't have under Mourinho either. But if we can start putting together proper proper football even if it's with flaws, I'll fecking take it.

John Blund

Things have already changed.

Press conference with our manager isn't about how bad our squad is and about how many times our manager have won PL with other teams (!).
Players have to get a boost out of this. Which players actually liked playing under Mourinho at the end now? We were awful all over the place.

Brophs

The One and Only
The scene opens in a darkly lit, tastefully decorated walk in wardrobe, full of pannelled wood and decorative samurai swords with the word “Bastards” written in a flame font on each one. A handsome man enters. He gently runs his hand along the silk-finished wood and ends upon the handle of a large mirrored wardrobe, set apart from the others. He takes a deep breath before opening it, a door behind which he had not allowed himself to look in more time than he cared to remember. Within, hanging on individual mahogany hangers are 47 freshly dry cleaned and pressed pairs of Manchester United football shorts, size small. He closes the door of the wardrobe and is greeted by his own reflection. Older now, the eyes weary, the paunch a little more pronounced and the hair a little balder. He makes eye contact with himself and quietly says “I’m too old for this shit.”

Fade in:

Carolina Red

Staff
One thing I really love about this whole thing is how excited Norway is about all of this.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46636373

Molde is even happy about it...
Molde chief executive officer Oystein Neerland says the club are “happy” to lend Ole Gunner Solskjaer to Manchester United on a temporary basis, saying that the decision is a “statement of trust”.

SER19

Id say thats the best post fergie press conference. Of course talk is just talk but instantly you just think 'he gets it'. Speaks like a fan, knows whats expected of players. Truly hope he excels

BarstoolProphet

I wonder what giggsy makes of this.

On a side note; was it Andy cole who never got along or had some disagreements with OGS ?

Doubt they didn't get along. If you watch all the goals OGS scored for United you can clearly see that Andy Cole is the first one celebrating heavily with him for most of them. Besides, who never got on with OGS anyway? Even Roy Keane loved him, especially after what he did right before Keane was booted out of the club.

kps88

Might have got to see Phelan in shorts if we sacked Mourinho a couple of months earlier :(

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Might have got to see Phelan in shorts if we sacked Mourinho a couple of months earlier :(
Just wait until June 1. Phelan cartwheeling in his shorts at the Wanda Metropolitano as United do it again 20 years later :drool:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ain't that the truth. I was telling my wife last night, I don't know how this will turn out, but it's something to be excited about.
I do feel the Cardiff is probably too early which is a shame. He's only just walked in.

One thing I really love about this whole thing is how excited Norway is about all of this.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46636373

Molde is even happy about it...
Yeah, it's hilarious over here right now. Even a few LFC supporting friends of mine are buzzing about the game (probably since we're too far behind for it to make a difference but oh well) and earlier the PM jokingly denied that there was a backchannel between her government and United:lol:

Also, all the pundits saying how he wasn't qualified once the rumours started, went into full muppet mode once it was confirmed, looking linke a bunch of excited 10 year olds in their fancy studio.

Cloud7

What if Fergie is actually the manager and Ole is only carrying out his instructions?
I remember this was one of the conspiracy theories on here as to why Moyes was hired, so that Fergie could continue to manage behind the scenes, and Moyes would be a willing puppet carrying out his orders :lol:

Cloud7

I don't know if others feel this way and I know it sounds as cheesy as hell, but I feel like the entire Mourinho sacking and the subsequent hiring of Ole, has ignited feelings in me regarding the club that seemed to be in limbo. I haven't a clue whether Ole is going to great or terrible, but it just feels nice to look forward to our next (particularly the 3 at home) game with some sort of hope of possibly, maybe, pretty please make it happen, being entertained. I know things aren't going to change drastically results wise albiet we will get better. But could be possibly watch a United team that starts playing exciting stuff ? Or presses aggressively? Or sets up with a high line? Maybe not, but the idea that these things could happen do feel great.

Plus the focus on getting the players United and playing on the front foot. I mean, fecking hell, that's exactly what we want. If we don't get top 4 so be it. We wouldn't have under Mourinho either. But if we can start putting together proper proper football even if it's with flaws, I'll fecking take it.
I agree mate. It’s the most positive I’ve been about the club in years. No matter how it goes, the effect some positivity has cannot be understated.

Adebesi

Absolutely. I hadnt really appreciated the full extent of my apathy until Mourinho was sacked and then Ole brought in. I knew things were bad, but it was only when things changed that I realised the full extent of it. Suddenly I want to think about and talk about football again.

What I have now that I didnt have three days ago is hope.

Shark

@NotShark
Seeing those training ground photos is so surreal. Great to see genuine smiles around the place again.

kdmaka

Imagine if by some miracle he does get us to the Champions league final and our opponent is Bayern at the 10th year anniversary. Should make a movie about it.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
That guy is really bad at English pronounciations for a Norwegian, the English guy is even pronouncing Solskjær better than him :lol:
Typhical Oslo-English pronounciations.

Handré1990

Doubt they didn't get along. If you watch all the goals OGS scored for United you can clearly see that Andy Cole is the first one celebrating heavily with him for most of them. Besides, who never got on with OGS anyway? Even Roy Keane loved him, especially after what he did right before Keane was booted out of the club.
What did he do right before Keane was booted out of the club?! The suspense is killing me!

Handré1990

I’d second all of this, but would like to add one simple thing: Ole loves United, more then that actually, he’s obsessed by United. If there are still genuine United fans lurking around here who thinks Mourinho is hard done by the club, how much fecking leeway doesn’t 20LEGEND deserve?

RedTiger

Half mast
Jog my memory for me please .

hocane

I think the reason why Norway seem so over the top happy about this is them being a little country.

They seem to be very patriotic. And like most other small country they suffer from the inferiority complex syndrome. Being a small country they obviously don't have alot of famous great footballers so they cling really hard to the few ones they get, which is understandable.

Not saying that's a bad thing though, most small countries are the same in that way

Last edited by a moderator:

RedDevilRoshi

Is the whole press conference including the embargoed section going to be shown live on MUTV tonight? If so, what time?

Imran Mamdani

yeah, someone corrected me. it was cole and sheringham. :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Saying and doing all the right things so far.

It's like the board had some massive Ghost of Seasons past sort of wake up with Jose out, one of the most popular ever players in, and then talk of a DOF!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

There's no lose to it really.
If it doesn't go well, well, it wasn't going to go well for the rest of the season anyway, but there will not be any of the toxic overtones.
Then we can thank OGS for standing in, and go for the big new manager in the summer.

But if it DOES go well, then, whoop it uP!

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
There's no lose to it really.
If it doesn't go well, well, it wasn't going to go well for the rest of the season anyway, but there will not be any of the toxic overtones.
Then we can thank OGS for standing in, and go for the big new manager in the summer.

But if it DOES go well, then, whoop it uP!
Exactly.

In an ideal world, Ole will do brilliant work over the next 6 months at the club (our answer to Pep & Barca) and be offered the job on a permanent basis.

But in truth, it's far more likely that the opposite will occur.

Affirmation

This guy Stephen Howson alleges that Ole has been telling players and staff that "by May, Manchester United will be the fastest and most aggressive team in Europe". Not sure how true this is but it's exciting to hear if so: