View full 2014-15 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

LR7

Very mature and composed yet again. Small mistakes are a given with youngsters. More first team minutes (which seems inevitable given our defenders inability to keep themselves fit/not suspended) and more experience and we could have a very good defender on our hands. He's shown a lot of promise for someone I considered more of a midfielder.

Water Melon

This Paddy lad seems to have the same level of composure as Januzaj. Both are young, both will make mistakes here and there, but they are the future and a bright one. I am glad to see McNair progressing and doing well. Once we have more or less stable starting 11, the overall understanding between the players, their collective play will improve and thus create more solid foundation for development of our young guns.

Jammydodger7

On the ball he's better than all of them, need to be more aggressive on defending though.

McNair-Blackett for next week?Sounds like the only CB partnership we haven't seen this season...
and funny enough, They probably have more experience paying wit each other than any of our other partnerships, albiet at a differant level and differant positions.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I thought he and Carrick looked like a decent pairing. Both comfortable on the ball. I thought Louis might look to keep that going as opposed to bringing Blackett back in.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Third.

He could have gotten closer to Aguero for the goal, but that's forgivable to me, a small mistake that unfortunately gave Aguero a better chance which he finished.

At least he can stay fit for a run of games and improve.

Dyslexic Untied

Of course defenders are trying to avoid this, but they are always in second best position, if they have to react. I can't see how that should be his mistake, it's just the way football works. If the cutback from the touchline is precise and the striker movement decent, it's nearly always a goal against any defender. How you say that Agueros movement isn't quick in that situation is beyond me, especially when you are in motion as a defender. The error was in my eyes, that we allowed Toure too much time on the ball in that situation, but that's easier said than done. It was just a really good move from City and Toures pass to Clichy just in perfect.

All in all I was very pleased with McNair. When he came on, City had their best period of the game and were pushing for the goal and he had to play in a patched up defence. Can't get really imagine a worse scenario for an 19 year old defender in a derby.
Don't really see how my opinion on this can be controversial. He made a mistake by not marking his man. I'm not saying it was a horrible error nor the biggest error we made when defending that goal, but it was a mistake nonetheless. I'm sure Paddy will be kicking himself a bit for it, as would any other defender. Defenders are always in the next best position but they still manage to follow runs, block shots and get first to crosses, corners etc.

I agree that he, other than that and being turned by Yaya, had a good game. I obviously also agree that he is one for the future.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Really? whys this? out on loan I presume?
Paddy only started to get play for the U21s last March and was partnered with Charni in nearly all matches except for one with Evans and I think one with Keane and Blackett would have been on loan during that time. Blackett largely played LB for the reserves as well. They may have partnered each other a couple times at younger age groups but Paddy used to play in midfield until he was in the U18s and I think Blackett still mainly played as a LB.

Jammydodger7

Paddy only started to get play for the U21s last March and was partnered with Charni in nearly all matches except for one with Evans and I think one with Keane and Blackett would have been on loan during that time. Blackett largely played LB for the reserves as well. They may have partnered each other a couple times at younger age groups but Paddy used to play in midfield until he was in the U18s and I think Blackett still mainly played as a LB.
Yea I haven't payed much attention to the u18's or u21's since last season, apart from the big games, Yea I remember Blackett always played LB for the u18s and u21s. I never really thought much of him either to be honest, seems much better so far at CB.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Yea I haven't payed much attention to the u18's or u21's since last season, apart from the big games, Yea I remember Blackett always played LB for the u18s and u21s. I never really thought much of him either to be honest, seems much better so far at CB.
Apparently Blackett played CB for the U18s.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Good on him for coming on and doing well, still plenty of work to do and plenty of time on his side but credit to the lad.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bit strange how unfazed he looks when he defends, really like his style of play. Geniunely wouldn't mind seeing him play all season.

Reds-of-Ulster

Is this his first call up? Great news nonetheless, should give him a wee bit of extra confidence.
He was called up before but ended up getting an injury which ruled him out.

Haven't saw the squad yet but I swore Hughes was out for weeks if not a couple of months.
Apparently Hughes' injury is currently not known, waiting for scans to see how bad it is. I'd imagine O'Neill is just hoping that he might be okay, where as Evans apparently hasn't returned to training?

Anyway I'd imagine Craig Cathcart or Luke McCullough, two former United men, would take place of Hughes rather than McNair, and that McNair is only called up for the 'experience' of being in the senior squad.

Interestingly there are 5 former United player's and one current United player in the Northern Ireland squad.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Where the hell has this guy come from? Impressed me every single time he's played for us. Had no idea about him at all before the Everton (that was his debut right?).

vibe

This kid looks like the real deal. Doesn't fold under responsibility like Januzaj and time is on his side. Having him and Shaw definitely makes me feel good about our future defensively.

Sally Cinnamon

This kid looks like the real deal. Doesn't fold under responsibility like Januzaj and time is on his side. Having him and Shaw definitely makes me feel good about our future defensively.
This absolute bollocks about januzaj has to stop. F*ck me, so after about 3 matches McNair looks the real deal because unlike Januzaj he doesn't fold under responsibility (who stepped up for moreless a whole season). And time is on his side, he's a whole 2 months younger than Adnan. Sounds like you'll be slaughtering McNair once he makes a balls up.

Getsme

This absolute bollocks about januzaj has to stop. F*ck me, so after about 3 matches McNair looks the real deal because unlike Januzaj he doesn't fold under responsibility (who stepped up for moreless a whole season). And time is on his side, he's a whole 2 months younger than Adnan. Sounds like you'll be slaughtering McNair once he makes a balls up.
Aye. Seems to be a new thing on this forum.

freshibal

the ultimate combination is genius and insanity
I think its just poor english from @vibe

I assume he meant McNair has the same mental strength as Januzaj and steps up in the same fashion.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Aye. Seems to be a new thing on this forum.
Its been happening to Rojo too, who is now a "car crash waiting to happen" I read earlier. The caf seem to have overly negative people who you would think were opposition fans the way they gloat about what good business they hav done i nthe past, while shitting on our own. I mean, even Shaw got a bit of stick for being more expensive than City's back line,its ridiculous.

Getsme

Its been happening to Rojo too, who is now a "car crash waiting to happen" I read earlier. The caf seem to have overly negative people who you would think were opposition fans the way they gloat about what good business they hav done i nthe past, while shitting on our own. I mean, even Shaw got a bit of stick for being more expensive than City's back line,its ridiculous.
Yeah, it is getting a bit frustrating at the moment, I tend to ignore it but some posts just drag you back in.

Trizy

Where the hell has this guy come from? Impressed me every single time he's played for us. Had no idea about him at all before the Everton (that was his debut right?).
Gonna agree with this, usually I heard about our most promising youngsters from reading articles or on redcafe but I don't think I ever came across his name. Very impressed but its early days, but if we have a potential world class CB in our ranks we'll be set for a long time!