Television Parks and Recreation

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Enjoyed this week's first episode, will watch the second one later. 'Perdple's court' :lol:
2nd episode was even better I thought. Both good episodes. Spreading the characters about more has changed the dynamic somewhat. It's better than I expected so far.

Craig though.. please stop.

Sally Cinnamon

Craig's an absolute stain on humanity but he didn't annoy me for once in the latest ep.

The treat yo self stuff was amusing and Tom's ex who's back now is smokin'.

Enjoying the last season more than I expected to.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Still fun, lovely two episodes.

I really don't mind Craig at all, actually kinda wished he yelled a bit at April in the first-parter, though, as it happened was fine as well.

kps88

Were there two episodes last night? Can only find the one despite the NBC announcer at the end telling us to stay tuned for another episode.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Questlove at the wedding was pretty funny.

Bit of a weird season so far, has the usual humour, which I like, but not sure how I feel about it taking place in 2017. Also, Ron's family hasn't appeared at any stage, which is weird.

Judge Perd is not a judge.

Cina

First episode was a bit crap, they usually are when they try to shoehorn in all the politicians.

Second episode was great though.

"We could train Champion to track the scent of Ron's key... we just need Ron's key". Chris Pratt cracks me up.

Wittmann45

Chris Pratt is basically the one guy that this show discovered that won't be type cast. The fat guy is the fat guy, Ron Swanson is basically Nick Offerman (or vice versa, can't really tell), the black girl with attitude is a black girl with attitude, and the over the top gay guy is played by an over the top gay guy. Pratt is playing the idiot right now, but he seems to be slowly transitioning into an action hero type actor. He was good in Zero Dark Thirty.

Alock1

What about the rest of them? Like the main character for a start.

That's a really shit post.

Wittmann45

What about the rest of them? Like the main character for a start.

That's a really shit post.
People that the show sort of discovered, I wrote. Amy Poehler was already an established star, that is why she was chosen for the main role. I guess Aubrey Plaza might be alright, but she has a bit of a female version of Michael Cera about her.

My point is that after the show, of all the people that Parks and Rec has sort of introduced to the viewing public, Chris Pratt is going to be the most successful actor with the more diverse acting roles.

Alock1

Admittedly didn't notice the word discovered. Still seems a weird way to make a pointless point.

Last edited:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Did anyone find in last week's episode (the wedding) that Ron's attitude seemed a bit out of character? They were portraying him as this guy enthused by weddings, it seemed like a convenient way to move along the Aziz Ansari post but not quite coherent. Minor quibble though.

Just watched the first one of this week, thought it was pretty good.

Flying_Heckfish

I'm waiting for these the season to finish then I'll run through them in one blast, seems to work better that way.

Seems like the general downturn in quality continues from last season then?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Chris Pratt is basically the one guy that this show discovered that won't be type cast. The fat guy is the fat guy, Ron Swanson is basically Nick Offerman (or vice versa, can't really tell), the black girl with attitude is a black girl with attitude, and the over the top gay guy is played by an over the top gay guy. Pratt is playing the idiot right now, but he seems to be slowly transitioning into an action hero type actor. He was good in Zero Dark Thirty.
He was good in Moneyball as well (Pratt that is)

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Enjoyed the first episode this week (the Johnny Karate special) but the second one felt really weird.
The whole Tom proposing part was bizarre, it was a really important moment for the character and it felt rushed and not very interesting (apart from the action film being shot in the jewellers). Also, Jerry or whatever his name is nowadays being named mayor and his inaugural could've been epic, but it was a bit of a letdown.

kps88

Just one episode left. I'm probably going to cry.

Already looking forward to re-watching the whole thing though. So much I won't remember.

Alock1

1 left? I thought there were 16 episodes this season.

kps88

1 left? I thought there were 16 episodes this season.
Nope. One hour finale next week.

Was also great to see they finally got Bill Murray to play the mayor. They've been talking about that dream for years.

Alock1

What's with this obsession with making sure every character ends on some big defining moment? Half the time it doesn't even tie up anything else it just introduces a whole new chapter that you won't ever get to witness. Why can't things just continue?

I don't like big plots that don't get resolved but the opposite is equally as annoying.

Cina

First episode was great, second was shit. Can't believe it's about to end. My favourite comedy since Arrested Development.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
5 eps into s5 now. Anyone know if/when s7 will be on netflix?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Caught up now, enjoying the season.

I like that they've pretty much ignored the triplets thing. They could easily have made a filler episode or two about the stresses of having three kids or whatever but they've come up with a decent storyline and it hasn't felt very filler-y.