g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Paul Pogba image 6

Paul Pogba France flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
He's getting there. He's just growing into his own as a player. Right now he' still a moments player who can pull off a pass, skill, shot etc. that very few midfielders can pull off but over the 90 can go missing, lose the ball, make bad decisions, take up bad positions a lot. He is having less of those performances and he was excellent today. He's still only 23, so in the next 2-3 years I expect him to get better and better and will one day be the best midfielder in the world. He's figuring things out and learning that he doesn't always have to go for the highlight moment, just keeping it simple will do. But he's had a few performances this season where it's all come right for him Leicester, Fenerbahce and Swansea being others one that springs to mind.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Incredibly dominant today. Had some sloppy moments, but ran the game for us
I think he will always be this way. I'd take it if it means he's contributing in goals and assists but it'd be nice if he cut out this part of his game.

SirAF

Ageist
He's starting to show why we broke the transfer record for him. He's still making unforced mistakes while in possession and shows a lack of concentration at times, but the most important thing is he's stopped letting the mistakes ruin the whole game for him.

He stepped it up today and that's why we won the game.
Yup, the easy stuff will come with maturity. He's nailed on to become an elite player.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Watch him this half. Watch his lax passes to Ibra but Ibra is too scared to shout at him in case he cries. Watch the opposing team pass around him. Watch him gallop around the pitch and yet do very little. Watch him dawdle. Watch him pick the wrong pass. He'll be a good player in 3 years time.
:lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I love the little hissy fits when something doesn't quite go his way. He's got the same competitive ego driven nature that Ronaldo has and it's going to take him very far.

Jib

IF we had a better standard of player working around him then Pogba could easily be the best player in the league.

If zlatans finishing at times early in the season wasn't terrible and Pogba himself stopped hitting the Woodwork, he'd likely be in double figure for each goals and assists already.

He's had a couple of average games but on the whole he's been very good and he will only get better. Tonight was another brilliant performance.
This

Raw

Is it me or does it seem like he's partially at fault for Palace's goal? Seems to let him go too easily.

kidbob

He's getting there. He's just growing into his own as a player. Right now he' still a moments player who can pull off a pass, skill, shot etc. that very few midfielders can pull off but over the 90 can go missing, lose the ball, make bad decisions, take up bad positions a lot. He is having less of those performances and he was excellent today. He's still only 23, so in the next 2-3 years I expect him to get better and better and will one day be the best midfielder in the world. He's figuring things out and learning that he doesn't always have to go for the highlight moment, just keeping it simple will do. But he's had a few performances this season where it's all come right for him Leicester, Fenerbahce and Swansea being others one that springs to mind.
Great post. He reminds of a raw Ronaldo except centre mid is a harder role to master. Plenty of quality but needs to improve his decision making. Also eventually his long range efforts will find the target with more consistency. I reckon he should be our free kick at goal taker too.

kirk buttercup

When you think how far his potential could take him it's mind blowing. he is still learning and can only get better and better he has strength skill and vision. I think Mou will build the team around him so over the next few transfer Windows this team could become unbelievable .

AR87

I agree with this. I often feel that he plays 60 great minutes, 20 okay minutes and 10 anonymous minutes.

Another match he bossed was home against Burnley. He should have had 2-3 assists in the 2nd half.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
So much gas left in the tank for the last 30 minutes, not just this game.

Also loved it how he went berserk when Zlatan misplaced a pass to him, even sweeter that 90% of the players would be bothered with such a bollocking but Zlatan just went and scored that goal anyway after.

Eddy_JukeZ

The Ronaldo comparison is actually pretty good. You see the talent and all. It just has to come together.

He's starting to dominate games more and more lately.

Raw

Could be. Although I'd say Darmian is still the main culprit in that sequence.
Just hope it can be ironed out along with some of his silly mistakes he sometimes makes. Did something similar v Watford too I recall.

Still, he's incredibly talented and constantly improving. To think how good he can become in the next 10 or so years... :drool:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I still think he's going to surprise everyone and morph into a 25 goals 15 assists plus per season attacking midfielder in three or four years time.

ti vu

Is it me or does it seem like he's partially at fault for Palace's goal? Seems to let him go too easily.
With the luck he is having with the ref white text , I see it's a blessing in disguise. Putting a wrong foul in and he might get a red with them might still get the equalizer and perhaps the winner too.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I still think he's going to surprise everyone and morph into a 25 goals 15 assists plus per season attacking midfielder in three or four years time.
There's so much more to come. He will score some amazing goals for us too, he did it on a weekly basis coming through the youth teams and I'm certain he'll do it again for the first team. It's why he takes so many long shots, because he knows what he can do and the other players and coaches will too.

Tarrou

A bit sloppy at times but with Pogba the threat we have from the centre of midfield is something we haven't seen since Scholes

El Zoido

He was excellent. He looms over the ball and is a really massive physical presence, and has the skills and range of passing to back it up. He does misplace passes and concede possession a little more than you'd like, but his overall game really is top drawer and you can only see him getting better. His potential top level should terrify other teams.

Stacks

This would be my assessment also. He's definitely getting there. Next season who could be boss

RedMilo

Best game so far for me since his return. He was all over the place. Really want to see him now take the game like that against a top 10 side and we are in business. I have to say I cant remember Palace having a touch for first 20 minutes we were that dominant and in particular PP in midfield.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Superb tonight, over the moon that we have him. Don't care about the price, he's such a classy player.

Tried to avoid this thread. I think a lot of the fans have expected far too much, too soon and have been very harsh. But you can see glimpses of his potential. On this form, he's a match winner. His mentality does remind me of Ronaldo's

Jib

I don't think that he's going to surprise everyone. He mades 15 assists and 10 goals last season and in England there is more space than in Italy.

Acole9

Outstanding
He totally bossed the midfield tonight. He loves playing in a midfield three, only thing you could fault him for was the Palace goal he should've done better.

Sylar

My only one criticism if when it seems like hes thinking hes against jabronies, so everything will come easy and he can just run past three players at ease and do something fancy. I know we bought him to do the extravagant stuff, but still, at the same time there are times he can make a simple pass (by simple I Mean the obvious one like the one that set up Ibra).

But alas, hes only 23, he will get that with maturity. Its great to have him because he offers something none of our other midfielders provide.

Riz

Starting to think the same with the positions he gets himself into. Perhaps he could be Mourinho's new Lampard in the sense of being a major consistent threat from midfield.

As someone else mentioned earlier, he should have a feck load more assists if our finishing had been up to scratch earlier this season and he's already hit the post and bar to my recollection. Not unimaginable that once he's settled in a team that's itself settled he could be hitting those sort of figures.

Djemba-Djemba

Starting to think the same with the positions he gets himself into. Perhaps he could be Mourinho's new Lampard in the sense of being a major consistent threat from midfield.

As someone else mentioned earlier, he should have a feck load more assists if our finishing had been up to scratch earlier this season and he's already hit the post and bar to my recollection. Not unimaginable that once he's settled in a team that's itself settled he could be hitting those sort of figures.
Off the top of my head he's hit the woodwork 4 times already this season.
Away to Watford
Home to Stoke
Home to City in League Cup
Home to Spurs.

A bit more luck and he'd be close to double figures.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
The way he holds pressure off is brilliant. He has the strength, the technique and the agility to be positive with the ball so many different scenarios.

Kind of frustrating that Mourinho took a while to play him with Carrick and Herrera when half of caf had been calling for it weeks before.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Absolutely love the guy, we would be toothless without him out there.

While Carrick makes us tick, pogba is the icing on the cake. Could have had 2 goals and 2 assists easily tonight.

Abdou0230

Just hope it can be ironed out along with some of his silly mistakes he sometimes makes. Did something similar v Watford too I recall.

Still, he's incredibly talented and constantly improving. To think how good he can become in the next 10 or so years... :drool:
It seems that sometimes he tries to do the hard thing instead of playing it simple. He needs to understand that sometimes it's important to keep possession and not try to be risky all the time.
I love his forward through-balls though.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
As for Pogba, would be very happy to visit again in 5 or 6 years, IMHO he doesn't have the footballing intelligence to reach a player of Modric's level, but as I've said repeatedly that isn't a slight on Pogba as there are very few players operating that are capable of reaching such a high level.
Did you see him today? He has plenty of football intelligence for a 23 year old. Im pretty certain he will reach Modric's level/exceed it when he reaches his peak

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The way he holds pressure off is brilliant. He has the strength, the technique and the agility to be positive with the ball so many different scenarios.

Kind of frustrating that Mourinho took a while to play him with Carrick and Herrera when half of caf had been calling for it weeks before.
I think the main factor is Pogba playing better and better, as he gets fitter (having missed pre-season) and gets up to speed with the new league.

Carrick improves us too. But that's a separate issue IMO.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
My only one criticism if when it seems like hes thinking hes against jabronies, so everything will come easy and he can just run past three players at ease and do something fancy. I know we bought him to do the extravagant stuff, but still, at the same time there are times he can make a simple pass (by simple I Mean the obvious one like the one that set up Ibra).

But alas, hes only 23, he will get that with maturity. Its great to have him because he offers something none of our other midfielders provide.
Or virtually any other midfield player on the planet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.