6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MDFC Manager

Still bloody excited about him, the next game can't come soon enough!

...and I was one of the people who thought he was overrated and not worth the 100m!:lol::nervous:

carlosp

...and I was one of the people who thought he was overrated and not worth the 100m!:lol::nervous:
This week has been dragging. And to imagine that we will have no club football next weekend on the telly is going to be even more maddening.

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
Players like Pogba? Yaya Toure, Michael Ballack, Patrick Vieira, Socrates, Rai, etc.

Socrates was amazing btw.

MDFC Manager

This week has been dragging. And to imagine that we will have no club football next weekend on the telly is going to be even more maddening.
FFS international football at the start of the season...it needs to die.

podurban2

Players like Pogba? Yaya Toure, Michael Ballack, Patrick Vieira, Socrates, Rai, etc.

Socrates was amazing btw.
Pogba is a much more technical and offensively sound player than Michael Ballack or Patrick Vieira. However, they were probably better defensively, mind you.

ryan cook

To be honest, i was a lot more excited when Mata signed for us. I didnt realise how good he actually was because i had hardly ever watched him. I watched the champions league final and he had moments of brilliance but i didnt give in to the hype and then ofcourse he didnt have a good Euros. Ive actually fell in love with him after his performance against Southampton.

Riz

Absolutely hate international breaks. No need in one so early into the season.
Right there with you, despise them to be honest and when one of your own gets injured during them it's just infuriating.

SirAF

Ageist
To be honest, i was a lot more excited when Mata signed for us. I didnt realise how good he actually was because i had hardly ever watched him. I watched the champions league final and he had moments of brilliance but i didnt give in to the hype and then ofcourse he didnt have a good Euros. Ive actually fell in love with him after his performance against Southampton.
I can imagine that watching Pogba, in full flight, for the first time must be like being cured from blindness :drool:

SirAF

Ageist
Right there with you, despise them to be honest and when one of your own gets injured during them it's just infuriating.
International football mid season blows, but it's worse when you are on a poor run. If we beat Hull then everyone will be really buzzing for the City match!

NinjaFletch

So Mourinho's Schweinsteiger comments have put pay to the idea that we signed Pogba to replace Rooney in the short term haven't they?

I think even if Rooney plays badly enough to get dropped it's doubtful we will play a midfield three. Seems a huge waste of Pogba's ability.

pseudo_canadian

If I was a Hull midfielder or defender my butt would be clenched all week in anticipation of the game.

As a defender myself, I would be shitting it just thinking of having to face up against that monster.

ash_86

Just been rewatching his touches vs Bayern in the CL quarters, he really should have been on the winning side. Scored a goal himself and Juve's Bunch of donkeys wasted three golden chances he put on a plate:

What an absolute monster of a midfielder. Wait till he settles and some sparks are gonna fly.

AndyJ1985

I'm feeling more excited about our matches than I have in years. I think a large part of that is down to seeing Pogba (and Ibrahimovic)

panz

Personally I thought he was very good against Southampton, but does anyone else think that come the end of the season we will be looking at this performance as an average one compared to what else he will do?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Personally I thought he was very good against Southampton, but does anyone else think that come the end of the season we will be looking at this performance as an average one compared to what else he will do?
No.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Nah.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Undeniably a comfortable 8/10 performance. But I do think we'll be raising our standards and expectations on him as the season goes on.

MDFC Manager

Well, here's hoping you're absolutely spot on!

Cuz if you are, we'll win the league at a canter!

RooneyLegend

I think either way the oppo are fecked as he has clearly shown himself to be able to handle both scenarios with ease. Standoff him and he will have even more space to create and dictate the game. Try and close him down he can hold you off shield the ball and exploit the space created by a runner with a precise pass or run with the ball while holding players off. The lad literally has everything.
Let's just say one options is the better devil.

Brightonian

Let's just say one options is the better devil.
Agreed. Obviously neither is foolproof, but provided you're defending properly against the runners who he'll be looking to pick out with a pass, you're much better off sitting off him and killing the tempo than trying to press, even two or three players together, and getting turned, leading to a breakdown in formation and a dangerous attack.

luke511

The Juventuz forum were calling it an average performance for Pogba, and that we'll know about it when he has a standout game.. So yeah you might be right :drool:

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
Juventuz are just bitter... he touched the ball far more in that Southampton game than he does in Juventus games mainly because they play a 352 and the midfield is flooded. He played somewhat free, but never had the amount of space he did in his first game at Man Utd. As a result, he was just automatically far more influential overall in that Southampton game. The team relied on him to do more things.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
They've become irrational in that place when it comes to Pogba. I guess bitterness really get people acting all that Butt hurt after all.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Just been rewatching his touches vs Bayern in the CL quarters, he really should have been on the winning side. Scored a goal himself and Juve's Bunch of donkeys wasted three golden chances he put on a plate:

The guy is just immense. Look at Bayern players bouncing off him? Look at Vidal?
That's Bayern ffs.

VanGaalEra

http://app.football-italia.net/?referrer=http://www.football-italia.net/90199/buffon-%E2%80%98hurts-lose-pogba%E2%80%99#article/footballitalia-90199

Great to hear from someone as admired and respected as Buffon.

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon admits “it hurts to lose” Paul Pogba, and compares him to Zinedine Zidane.

The French midfielder left the Bianconeri this summer, joining Manchester United for a world-record €105m.

“The kid is a tremendous warrior on the pitch but also has so much talent,” Buffon said, as reported by the Mirror and Sky Sports UK.

“The kid is a tremendous warrior on the pitch but also has so much talent,” Buffon said, as reported by the Mirror and Sky Sports UK.

“His control of the ball and the way he can swiftly change the play from defence to attack is special – and for us it hurts to lose him.

“Of course the decision was with the directors and not down to the players.

“I have no doubts that Paul will be a success in the Premier League. It may take some time to adapt but I’m certain he will do it, especially as he knows the club well which is important.

“I have seen him grow and improve during his time here, especially his attitude on the pitch and the way he works for all the team.

“Manchester United have signed a very good player. It’s not easy to compare him to greats of the past but he has many details of the games of both [Michel] Platini and [Zinedine] Zidane.

“He’s a good kid. The important thing is that his attitude is excellent on the pitch and in training. The thing we will miss most now he has gone is his closeness with everyone in the team.

“Manchester United have signed a very good player and a very good teammate.”

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Lets be honest was rubbish today but awesome that we have other match winners.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Was okay today. I think he's playing far far too deep but at the same time he could do more. Mkhitarian looked at complete ease in comparison when in tight spaces.

jem

Not much came off for him, but he's still such a presence on the pitch. He'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.