6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Obiorahking_

I think yall are being a bit too harsh, wasn't great, but he stepped it up in the final moments when we needed him the most, something we have been earnest for since he arrived. It shows progress.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The big reason our defence was under immense pressure, because
Herrera and Pogba couldn't control the game. But you can't fault their desire and will to cover every grass, which is very commendable when you don't play well.

Donut

Some of you guys are insane... He wasn't bad at all, he played the right passes and kept going for the entire game. Yes, he wasn't great defensively, but defensively it was a horrible team performance (Carrick should have started) and Southampton were very good.

Zoo

I think yall are being a bit too harsh, wasn't great, but he stepped it up in the final moments when we needed him the most, something we have been earnest for since he arrived. It shows progress.
Yeah the criticism is excessive and weird, he was up and down but definitely stepped it up by the end. Jose has just praised him now too. Am guessing it's because of the Neville's criticism, particularly Phil who chats so much nonsense.

togg

Great game from Pog. Really stepped up when we needed him. We were playing like pub footballers and him and Ibra were the only two who showed their class. Big performances in big games is why we paid all that money for him. Delighted.
Agreed...but hey...most people want him to be Pele/Messi/Ronaldo all in one package!

Jib

Good in the second half because it wasn't a midfielder 2 ?:)

m1y2

Seems determined to hold off or beat at least 3 players before he decides he can pass the ball.

Infuriating.
I don't think many players would get away with that, dribble out from the middle at times what he does is so dangerous, he's getting away with that because he's pogba but that discipline can be hopefully thought

Obiorahking_

Good in the second half because it wasn't a midfielder 2 ?:)
The switch to three man midfield definitely helped. I'm pretty sure we were getting outnumbered in midfield at times by two mids in the first half , which left many gaps in our defense

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Best player on the pitch after Ibra
People calling his performance dreadful are on crack. He was probably the best player on the pitch the last 20 minutes.
Yeah. What the hell? It wasn't even hard to tell he was playing well. It was such a massive contrast with all the red shirts around him.

edcunited1878

Not sure how some of you can conclude he played bad. It's a minefield in the middle today and he has so much responsibility. Soton played so well as a midfield unit with Redmond pinching inside. Pogba played well and battled again. The team performance wasn't good, but improved and he was a big part of it.

He's a much more emotionally charged player than I realized, which is good and bad sometimes.

kr0nix

He wasn't great today, but he's played a lot of games this season and needs to be rotated once in a while. Gets a 6 for me.

ZAGREB RED

Phil Neville summed it up at the end today - Pogba talks the talk but Ibrahimovic walks the walk. Ibrahimovic talks himself up but then he goes out and matches it with his goals and performances. Today was the kind of day where Pogba needed to step up big time and be one of the best players on the pitch, in the way Zlatan did.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Defensively awful, missed headers (1 directly leading to a goal), let tadic stroll by him several times leading to chances.

Good on the ball and used his experience well in the last 20 mins

But 2nd best on the pitch? Christ. Get eye tests

Obiorahking_

Defensively awful
Again, I think it was more of a tactical mistep rather than Pogba's fault. If you are being outnumbered in midfield there isn't much you can do. Notice how when we brought on Carrick the middle was a lot less open and Pogba/Herrera looked a lot less culpable? If you are talking about set pieces, then that is completely different story and a part of his game that he has to work on.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
agree with this, but he was close to awful in the first 70 minutes.
Dont agree with Mourinho that he played well.
Im still not sure what he does.
How about take the ball in the middle of the pitch under intense pressure of three oppo players and still emerge with it in space.

Incredible how he does so often and helps the team massively.

The Wanderer

diabolical performance, should of been hauled off in the first half.

This may ruffle a few feathers but I seriously doubt whether he is good enough for Man Utd.

On todays performance it is a definite NO, Mourinho new he played crap and gave him a mention at the end to either protect Pog from the press or to justify his £90m out lay.

No way would he get in Southamptons side based on this match never mind Real Madrids. Hence why they didnt buy him, even after he publicly stated he wanted to go to them.

rollingstoned1

Hope the posts saying he played well were sarcasm. Have yet to see a good big game performance from him, needs to bring more intensity to these games. He no longer has Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal to do the heavy lifting in midfield for him and dine out on just those highlight reels.

cyberman

agree with this, but he was close to awful in the first 70 minutes.
Dont agree with Mourinho that he played well.
Im still not sure what he does.
For me when the side is disjointed, Pogba is disjoined. He needs bodies around him to link the passes and allows him a passage forward.
Basically he needs Mkhi in a 4-2-3-1 and when it's Mata or Lingard in front of him he doesn't work in that role.
It's not like this is a regular occurance. I can count the amount of midfield battles we've lost in 30 games with 1 hand.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
diabolical performance, should of been hauled off in the first half.

This may ruffle a few feathers but I seriously doubt whether he is good enough for Man Utd.

On todays performance it is a definite NO, Mourinho new he played crap and gave him a mention at the end to either protect Pog from the press or to justify his £90m out lay.

No way would he get in Southamptons side based on this match never mind Real Madrids. Hence why they didnt buy him, even after he publicly stated he wanted to go to them.
shhhh. we're not allowed to say that or the snowflake dabbers will start crying.

I think/hope he will emerge into the player he is supposed to be, but right now, he is no way close. Its all hype.

edcunited1878

Phil Neville summed it up at the end today - Pogba talks the talk but Ibrahimovic walks the walk. Ibrahimovic talks himself up but then he goes out and matches it with his goals and performances. Today was the kind of day where Pogba needed to step up big time and be one of the best players on the pitch, in the way Zlatan did.
Pogba's job isn't to bang in the goals. It's to battle and influence the match in the midfield. When you have at minimum two ankle bitters at you the entire match, it's hard to be world-class on the day. He was the second most willing player behind Ibra and then him and Herrera.

The player that didn't walk the walk (again) was Martial. Pogba was admirable alongside Ander and I'm satisfied with his performance. He can and will do better, but he contributed to a trophy today, so not too much to complain about.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Defensively awful, missed headers (1 directly leading to a goal), let tadic stroll by him several times leading to chances.

Good on the ball and used his experience well in the last 20 mins

But 2nd best on the pitch? Christ. Get eye tests
Evidently Mourinho thought Pogba was the 2nd best too. The trouble with Pogba is he makes difficult things look easy (see his contribution in the 2nd goal - absolutely crucial moment but it looks effortless) and he tries difficult things all of the time. If he took the easier option more often he'd make less mistakes and attract less criticism but he'd be less influential.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
You got to wonder if the people in here questioning if he ever will be a good enough midfielder for United have seen the state of our midfield these last years.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
For me when the side is disjointed, Pogba is disjoined. He needs bodies around him to link the passes and allows him a passage forward.
Basically he needs Mkhi in a 4-2-3-1 and when it's Mata or Lingard in front of him he doesn't work in that role.
It's not like this is a regular occurance. I can count the amount of midfield battles we've lost in 30 games with 1 hand.
sound very high maintenance!

Stick Vierra, Keane or Yaya into any team or set of team mates and they'd turn up in big games and made it work.

Admittedly, Pogba is about same age as when Keane joined us, so he merits more time to settle. But he is still so raw and currently overhyped.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
shhhh. we're not allowed to say that or the snowflake dabbers will start crying.

I think/hope he will emerge into the player he is supposed to be, but right now, he is no way close. Its all hype.
Oh feck off. Feck off mainly for the snowflake comment. Feck off also for being so incompetent at judging a performance. Pogba will never succeed in your eyes because it's clear you don't know a good performance from him when you see one.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You got to wonder if the people in here questioning if he ever will be a good enough midfielder for United have seen the state of our midfield these last years.
I think Herrera has been more pivotal to our midfield this season.

AR87

His defensive issues in a midfield 2 without Mkhi as the 10 in a big match weren't surprising to me. Him and Herrera work as the 2 when Mkhi plays 10 because of his defensive nous and work rate which no other player provides in that position. Carrick should have been in the holding role from the start and we'd have had much more control.

In possession he was the only player that kept their composure in the middle of the field. He didn't have a great game, but he was good imo.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Upped it in the second half.

I dont think even Jose expected that Soton would overrun us like that. Brought on Carrick and moved Pogba further forward and even though they scored we looked more composed.

Have to find a good replacement for Carrick this summer.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Which is exactly what happened. Our two best players, by a margin.

wr8_utd

:'(
How is he getting any praise? I thought he was really poor yet again in a big match. Also the amount of headers he loses is incredible.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Oh feck off. Feck off mainly for the snowflake comment. Feck off also for being so incompetent at judging a performance. Pogba will never succeed in your eyes because it's clear you don't know a good performance from him when you see one.
he played a blinder today did he? I cant recall him playing a match winning blinder in a big game this season.
Pls provide some facts instead of the hyperbole!

Status
Not open for further replies.