6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimo

His through ball / slid passes remind me a lot of Anderson - he just can't get the speed quite right. He is having a very good game - probably spurred on by the Kante talk. Be nice if he can pop in with one of his screamers.

Art

Art the artist
2 great balls over the top so far, one effortlessly with his left. A comfortable footballer, which has been at the root of some of the criticism of him tbf.

One silly bit of overplaying. One great tackle earlier in the half.

Doing his job well at the moment.
I wish someone would gif that tackle on costa. Costa looked absolutely defeated.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Much better defensively, that sliding tackle on Costa was absolutely class. This is really what I've wanted to see from him in bigger games - play your own game, don't let the hype dictate to you how you play, keep it simple, find a rhythm.

His long passes have been really good as well.

My only gripe has been his short passes have been over or under hit a number of times, leading to a Chelsea counter. But that's easily fixed by him (and José).

Again, just so glad that he's playing his game calmly and working with the team.

Kag

It does make you laugh. He's put in better performances all season long in games in which we haven't been winning and been battered for it.

Of course, there's so only much he can do in the kind of game we want this to be, but he's simply a cog in the machine at the moment.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He really shouldn't allow Kante to dribble past him for two counter attacks in just few minutes.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Can he retain this discipline for a full 90 mins? He can win us this game if he does. Critical he does not let his ego get in the way of that is needed next 45 mins.

Nipower888

Supports
Man city
He's been a little sloppy but other than that he's been solid and played well. I kinda want him to get an assist or better yet a goal to finish the game off.

Smudge

He needs to see us out to the end considering we we will be dropping deeper

Jev

Some good stuff but still very, very sloppy and lacking in concentration. His attitude must improve.

Crashoutcassius

Has been a decent engine in middle of field. Outplayed by fellaini and especially herrera, but if he does the job that wins us the midfield then thats enough for me

cyberman

He's been so disciplined today, Fellaini has gotten forward more times than Paul has.

RedCurry

The laundry ladies will probably finally find Kante somewhere in Pogba's pocket.

Zoo

That's all you want. Just play his part in a good team performance. The magic moments will arrive.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Played very well. His most disciplined game so far for us

Had a role and stuck to it for 90 mins

More of the same please

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Played well in a more disciplined role. As someone said, the flashy stuff will come, this was a good team performance.

ti vu

He really shouldn't allow Kante to dribble past him for two counter attacks in just few minutes.
Why the need to chase a player who for most part lack creativity to create something himself? As long as his teammater (Pogba's) does their job in keeping Hazard, Pedro & Costa in check, letting Kante running around and congesting his own team's space in attacking area is good and all. Especially it leaves the gap in their midfield for our counter attacking.

If anything, Kante was nullified tactic wise & very much a headless chicken this game.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I give Pogba all sorts of stick but he was great today, barely put a foot wrong.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
That's all you want. Just play his part in a good team performance. The magic moments will arrive.

Completely nullified Kante which is no mean feat. Very good contribution doing the hard work in the engine room. I wish he'd done this all season long.

Hope he understands why he was effective today and can apply that to many more performances. All the other fancy stuff can come later.

Tarrou

First really good game for us in a big game, and hopefully he can kick on from this. I'm sure he will.

Rhyme Animal

Absolutely, totally agree.

This is exactly what I've wanted - in a weird way, I've been wanting less than he's been trying to do.

And I also really hope that the great feeling he must have right now, helps him realize, 'this is what I've got to do to help the team'.

If he builds from the basics, those brilliant moments will come.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Much better from him today. Didn't dwell on the ball for so long and kept it moving which was what we needed.

ti vu

Absolutely, totally agree.

This is exactly what I've wanted - in a weird way, I've been wanting less than he's been trying to do.

And I also really hope that the great feeling he must have right now, helps him realize, 'this is what I've got to do to help the team'.

If he builds from the basics, those brilliant moments will come.
Or simply, as counter attacking team, we're good, but lacking attacking prowess to break deep lying team leading to Pogba needs to overexerting himself.

MadMike

Very good performance (again) from him today. Constant movement into space, more passes than anyone on the pitch, some very nice over the top balls, some great interceptions. In control, all game long.

Fellaini might have battled valiantly today, but I can't wait to see what our midfield can do with a 3rd player in there that is a bit more technical.

Eddy_JukeZ

Finally a good performance in a big game. Hopefully more to come.

He's simply too talented to not dominate.

His decision making still frustrates at times, but that is very easy to improve on.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was very good and knackered by the end of the game. Hopefully he recovers properly before next game.

His passing range is class.

Festive Sandvich

Pretty good today, some good tackles and plenty of discipline, few sloppy passes near the end when he looked knackered. Overshadowed by the performances of Ander and Fellaini alongside him somewhat.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
This was his best big game so far. There's time for individuality and expression and there's time when you need to be just another cog in the machine and do your job. Chose the right thing today.

Rhyme Animal

Or simply, as counter attacking team, we're good, but lacking attacking prowess to break deep lying team leading to Pogba needs to overexerting himself.
No, Pogba has actually played better today, give him credit for that instead of trying to use it to say 'I told you so'.

His decision making and passing rhythm was better, and it was better from deep.

He could've easily surged forward more times given that it was a counter attack display, but he remained disciplined and actually covered for Fellaini and Herrera.

Pogba critics, after that performance should be saying, 'fair play, he deserves to be in this team and that was a really good performance'.

Pogba fan-boys should be saying, 'fair play, he did need to improve, and he was capable of being much more effective'.

Either way, we should all be happy, very happy, and not looking to squabble with each other instead of enjoying a great, great team performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.