Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Kid is just settling in. Fee is irrelevant. Perspective needed. Needs a rest right now.

NinjaFletch

I don't think I've ever seen a lazier player with pretensions of being a central midfielder.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Invisible as usual

Yep, even after only a dozen games, I'm unsurprised that I don't notice our £90m world record fee breaking player in a full 45 Mins of football

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He plays like an 18 year old. He's just not someone you want to build your side around. At all. In fact, in terms of being an actual midfielder, he's not even the best in our team. Herrera and Carrick are still better midfielders then him

Man-United

I have no problem with him. Yes, he's not playing good tonight but I think people should give him time. It's a new league, new players, bad pitch tonight as well.

JoaquinJoaquin

Been showed up by 19 year old Garcia in that first half. I have been patient with him but he needs to be better.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Well that's what you get if you use Pogba as a striker/false 10. No idea what kind of stupid idea this is but it's not working at all, especially not with Ibra as a false 9.
Stop making excuses. First off it was 'Pogba's not a CM, he's a no.10', now its the other way round. Just accept he's been a massive disappointment so far.

The White Pele

I don't think this role suits him. He's better bursting on to things than receiving the ball with his back to goal

NoLogo

Stop making excuses. First off it was 'Pogba's not a CM, he's a no.10', now its the other way round. Just accept he's been a massive disappointment so far.
He is a CM, always was and always will be. Did he set the world alight, no but not every player can come into a new and somewhat dysfunctional team and instantly hit the ground running. Moving him all over the pitch is stupid. If he isn't performing in CM to a standard that is needed he needs to be benched but don't fecking use him all over the pitch, we already had that problem with Rooney and I don't want this shit again with no matter what player. Either they perform in their best position or they get dropped, that can't be so fecking hard, can it?

Man-United

Patient is key. Pogba will be fantastic here, he's just out of form but no worries he will show his class soon.

Ban

He is a CM, always was and always will be. Did he set the world alight, no but not every player can come into a new and somewhat dysfunctional team and instantly hit the ground running. Moving him all over the pitch is stupid. If he isn't performing in CM to a standard that is needed he needs to be benched but don't fecking use him all over the pitch, we already had that problem with Rooney and I don't want this shit again with no matter what player. Either they perform in their best position or they get dropped, that can't be so fecking hard, can it?
Well CM moves all over the pitch. In the middle of the pitch. THat's how we use him. How should he play according to you?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He has done well since he was moved out wide. Not quite as a winger, but between that and a midfielder. His best period in a while

AXVnee7

Not his best performance, BUT his effort and work rate was incredible. He really is spent tonight. VERY unlucky not to score too!

Art

Art the artist
I liked his performance today. Has played every game for united for a while now. Must be spent

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I think people judge him with that 89 million in their head. He played a very disciplined game. He obviously backs his ability to get out of tight spaces, which dint come off in 1st half, but in 2nd one he did really well in them. I think he played the way manager wanted him to and bar a world class save would have had a goal. Also sometimes his ability to wriggle free and innovative passing is a huge strength. I would rather have a player who backs himself in tight spaces rather than shit himself and play a easier pass.

Ban

Better 2nd half. Still a lot of work to do.

He just needs to make it simpler most of the time. He loves a fancy move or a complicated one when that's not needed. That's rarely needed in any case.

Litch

Showed me some real commitment second half, I like this the most in any performance to date. You earn the right to play irrespective of ability

Devil may care

Things weren't coming off for him in the first half but he was good in the second half, covering a lot of ground, supporting out wide and in the box and putting in the kind of work required.

Bwuk

Interesting that he was pushed to the left when Morgan came on.

I wonder if that's what Jose will try next with him, some sort of free role coming in off the left. I think it's clear he's not really trusted to help defend in the middle at the moment.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Some of his play in the second half showed why he deserves to be rated higher than most midfielders. Magic.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I've been guilty of thinking about his price tag and expecting fireworks all the time from him, and first half especially he seemed lazy and off the pace.

However he really picked up second half, and his work rate went up I thought. He seemed to join in with Herrera and Morgan in hassling the city players constantly towards the end of the game.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Really needs to work on his balance. There're shades of Zidane in the way he manipulates the ball but he has to learn to keep it close to him and use his body to his advantage. Especially in the center and especially in England.

hirotan69er

What's with his obsession with roulette? When was that last time it worked other than in that Adidas commercial? I hardly ever remember it was successful for him even his time at Juventus. Last time I saw a player who did roulette and successful was Kagawa against Real Sociedad.

JeffBoomTetris

He'll never be a midfielder for me if he keeps playing like that. Essentially a ball hog who releases the ball late. His best work is in the opponents box and shooting from outside it. But in terms of real midfield play he is left wanting.

Status
Not open for further replies.